Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Do people actually read profile content?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Do people actually read profile content?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Nope, they don't. I'm having the same experience as Smexi.
 LAR917
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Do people actually read profile content?
Posted: 7/28/2012 5:53:47 PM
I always read the profiles as some are quite interesting and looks are not everything. However there are plenty of people who do not as I think they just see a picture and do not pay attention to what the person is really about.
 Humbouldt
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 7:15:24 AM
I like what Cq2day and txtbabe say about putting a little signal in the profile. I rarely see anyone using that but I have seen that.

I read a profile thoroughly before writing the first message. I only write when I feel some kind of wow feeling from their words. I write (what I gather are) comparatively long messages, and usually mention what I most resonated with in her profile. This doesn't seem to gain me any traction, virtually no one voices appreciation, but I still believe it's a good strategy, which I'll explain.

I concede writing a long careful message is a big time-sink. Most never reply, which I believe saves me a little time. Few replies have any appreciation that I read their profile, and less still reciprocate with any clues they read my profile. It's a little unsettling to see an exquisite profile and get a sloppy message, I do wonder if some profiles are ghost-written.

I'm a wordy boy, so I like to think I have a slight advantage with this method: if she can't consume and create words enthusiastically, I can rest confident I'm not missing out.
 Luthion
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2012 1:13:13 PM
I read profiles from start to finish. In fact, a lazy or generic profile puts me off people completely, no matter how attractive this might look.

I get this problem all the time when it comes to receiving messages though. People not replying, people saying barely anything when they message me. If you're looking to connect with someone, put some effort into it.
 MiaIris
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:53:08 PM
I skim through profiles and check out their writing blurb. When you reply or go through more than a few profiles, it's harder to keep track of who is who unless you make further contact.
 RoZien
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:34:17 PM
I am on this site to make friends only, I'm happily single and often only write to people when I particularly like a picture or catch phrase. I will read through a whole profile when someone messages me or if I think someone may be truly compatible in the friendship area but otherwise just cruise along happily ignorant of most peoples details. I guess my answer would be it depends on the person, but a possibility may be that someone wrote anyway because they're not looking for anything romantic with you. Good luck to you, hope this helps : )
 Teresavives
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 9:59:13 PM
suggestion remove your profile so the people that do not read your profile, stop sending you messages. DA
 Allan Anger
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:10:08 AM
If you are no longer single, why still here????
 Allan Anger
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:10:50 AM
If you are no longer single, why still here????
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 4:03:32 PM
I read them because how else are you to know answer someone?I do understand tho how some people are so gorgeous its very very easy to get caught up w someone so gorgeous.
 BrbdWire_N_Lace
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 9:36:23 AM
I think it's ammusing to read "between" the lines on these created profiles.
Seems that the ones who say they're drama free are the one's with the most drama in their lives. LOL
 MinnieNme2
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2014 11:22:19 PM
I always wondered about that question and answer. If someone states they have no interest or don't want more children, are they meaning NO single mom's or do they mean "if we get together we aren't having a baby"?

As for profiles, I comb through everything in a profile. :)
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2014 9:25:05 AM
I always read profiles - quite a few are very boring though :-(

If one makes me laugh or is outstanding I try to send a message saying so, perhaps we should have an annual award for the best profiles?

I've just read 5 profiles on this thread and 4 of them were from non-Irish (oops mine makes 1 more! My excuse is I'm quite close to Stansted, have a few friends over there and pop over fairly frequently)

What's going on with that? - was I unlucky or is that the proportion of foreigners to Irish on the site? Just curious :-)
 i8pineapple
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/3/2015 10:58:54 PM
Most of what folks write is rubbish. Maybe things are different over there, but the general rule here is that the women all claim to go fishing and camping all the time, and the men all just want to walk along the beach on a moonlit night holding hands talking about womens issues/yoga/her children.

Turns out, she went camping or fishing once 17 years ago, but it rained so they went to a motel instead and watched movies. Turns out, he's a fat lazy slob in his fifties and still lives at home and plays with model aeroplanes.

So a quick skim is all thats required really. Too much upper case, spear it.
 ShireChick
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2016 5:34:59 AM
I do.
Profile content is how I decide whether or not to respond. If their profile makes it clear to me, by lack of anything in common, that they didn't read mine I know they're going on looks alone and that's not enough.

That said...more than half of the messages I get mention things in my profile so I know they've read it. I hope so. It's full of far more interesting things than how much I adore walking on the beach (insert rolling eyed emoticon here).
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Do people actually read profile content?