Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Best cheap date you have!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JoseMadre
Msg: 2
Best cheap date you have!!!Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Mimi. We hung out at her house and played all day, then kissed when I left. I was 4. lol

But really, March 27, 1993. Met for the first time that day at church, went to Coco's for coffee (I drank tea) and talked for hours. Married her less than two years later.
 TheFamine
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Best cheap date you have!!!
Posted: 7/26/2012 2:29:03 PM
Ice Cream and a movie. Cost me about 30 dollars. I wouldn't drop more than 40 on a first date as a rule of thumb.
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/26/2012 2:35:24 PM
I prefer free/cheap things as well. Going to the park, the lake, an exotic pet shop, the zoo (I was gifted a membership which gets me and a guest in for free unlimited), a local festival, a cool area of town to just walk around, a free movie screening, free museums, etc. There's a really cool website which, every Friday, posts all of the free fun events going on that weekend. There are usually free movies under the stars or some sort of free musical performance or any number of things.
 rdeffley
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/26/2012 2:41:11 PM
Free/Low Cost Dates :

-Bookstore : Walking around, conversation starters on every shelf, and not at a table conducting an interview.
- Hikes : Physical activity and great surroundings.
- Geocaching : Treasure hunting. Very fun and original
- Cards or Uno at a public place
- Pool, Bowling, Mini Golf, Darts, Lazer Tag, Paint-Balling
- The Drive In - 2 for 1 movies, you can bring in your own food, more intimate than a theater
- Grocery Store : Walking the isles reflecting on favorite foods, memories gotten from them, etc
- Star Gazing
- Frisbee Golf : Grab a few frisbees, some buckets, and go to a public park
- Basketball Games like Horse where a basket made = personal question, Ping Pong, Tennis, etc..
- Adult hide and seek in a library with clues via text
- Farmer's Markets and Flea Markets
- Street Fares
- Horse Races
- Trip to the Beach
- Picnics
- Boardgames
- Indoor camping making S'mores over a candle
- Movie Nights
- Grabbing a book of conversation starters and going for a drive
- Window shopping or checking out a free art gallery
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/26/2012 2:49:27 PM
What a nice post....................thanks for sharing
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/26/2012 3:09:58 PM

But really, March 27, 1993. Met for the first time that day at church, went to Coco's for coffee (I drank tea) and talked for hours. Married her less than two years later.

Awww.
 Walts
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/26/2012 4:56:08 PM
One puff, one bottle of red, two glasses, a blankie and a west coast beach watching the sunset(sunrise).

Priceless.
 Knightrose
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/26/2012 5:56:35 PM
It was a stick of chewing gum. Fruit Stripe chewing gum. We left the club, scared the cat then came back to dance and drink some more.
 c_deacon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2012 5:57:40 PM
Did 10 miles out and back on a bike path in the foothills. Nothing but beautiful mountains around, two people, two bikes and then coffee when done, and it was hours of getting to know each other.

Also did a 14,000 foot peak hike with one, took four hours up to the summit and four back and was an awesome time getting to know each other and enjoying the physical side of it all........then the ride back to the Denver area, something to eat and drink, and much talk about the time together.

Walking in the park, riding bikes, even walking in the Mall, is all good and not expensive with the whole point being the opportunity to get to know each other much better without noise and people all around you. I have done that with a motorcycle ride as well, and stopped to hike and talk and ride more.......it is all about the communications and connection, and not about the money or trying to impress.

cd
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2012 6:01:10 PM
Back when I was a grad student at UW in Seattle, I met this exceptionally attractive emergency room nurse while bike riding around Lake Washington. We had an enjoyable time, and some time later we made plans to have an outdoor date. I picked her up after church and I took her on a hike to the top of this foothill that had a beautiful over view of Mount Rainier. The weather was perfect, the company was pleasant, on the way home we stopped for pizza.
Our paths diverged soon after and I ended up on the east coast in Philly.

I've reflected on that date over the years and as I've read stories on here: I don't think I could repeat that kind of date again. Not in this day and age. I wouldn't feel comfortable even suggesting such an outing, much less think a woman would accept such an invitation. Too much evil out there.

TK
 RT_2
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/26/2012 7:17:33 PM
Walks / hikes with the dogs!

Nitpick about the thread title. Better to say "best inexpensive date".

Inexpensive - low cost.

The word "cheap" suggests low quality.
 Random_geek_01
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/26/2012 11:35:15 PM
Walks are good!

I had a first date with a girl this one time and even before meeting we felt a spark. We walked for about an hour then went and found a nice coffee shop to sit and talk some more. The entire date cost me about 3 dollars, but it was one of the most memorable :) We went for coffee again a few days later and talked after that, and spent most of our time either at my place or hers. We also went up to the summit of a big mountain here in Montreal where you can look down on the lights and it really is romantic..0 dollars and neither of us wanted the evening to end. I still remember her saying to me, "I could kiss you all night". I'm such a sucker for romance lol

It's not hard to find inexpensive dates that aren't boring if you're with the right person :)
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/27/2012 12:13:21 AM
I don't think it matters what you do if it doesn't lead to a second date...it is another day wasted on the wrong person.

Yes, that is a negative train of thought but so is assuming a date is valued by how much money you spent. Time, regardless of what you do is about who you are with....period.

The only kind of person I know I don't want to be doing anything with is someone who challenges everything I say, who makes me feel like I am walking on eggshells, gives me the creeps, makes the conversation turn to sex with almost every sentence, manipulates my thought process....oh and someone who looks nothing like their photo.

Aside from that, we can stroll through historic downtown Pensacola and stop in for some italian ice...I'll buy it if I suggest it and then... take in some duck fries from HopJacks...yummy. Wait! Should we do the fries first???? Hmmmm maybe the sweet should come last. Yes, definitely.

But allow me to share my "cheapest date"... A guy met me at what he called an upscale Italian restaurant which resembled a Pizza Hut. He ate all his food and mine. I watched in horror while he open mouth chewed his $5 special and smeared his face with red sauce and pasta pieces. Oh and I don't want to forget that after he took off his cowboy hat (when we first sat down) his hair piece was turned quite awkward.

I suppose that memory was worth the 8 bucks I paid for my pasta salad and drink. I most certainly pulled out my CC and paid my half, though it should have been my 8th after he stuck his fork into my dish. I no longer ate any after that and he was all but ready to finish it off for me.
 KeepinCool29
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2012 12:17:16 AM
Try a Budget Inn motel room. Makes a great first date.
 jojoaus
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2012 2:29:09 AM
It was a first meet and we didn't really hit it off (though we are fb friends still, 4 years later) but we met at an inner city market and I met his seriously cool friends. Then we went to a bookshop, bought a coffee each and played scrabble! It was fun, he was sweet. Oh and I beat him at scrabble. Twice. I suppose I incurred the biggest cost as I travelled to Sydney to meet him, about 150 k's. I cannot abide women who demand men travel to meet them.
 vestaceres
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/27/2012 3:46:18 AM
I met an interesting chap and we went to a hookah bar. Seriously, it was one of the most interesting dates I ever had. :)
 onlydateIF
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/28/2012 12:19:49 AM
~sailing
~horsebackriding
~riverrafting
cheap dates
priceless memories :D
 cooldog65
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 2:35:56 AM
Leykis 101 rule: Never spend more than $40 on a date. Zero is optimal!
 rockondon
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:39:23 AM
a hike, a park, picnic, a lake, mountain biking, geocaching, frisbee, a walk through whatever trails or beaches or whatnot happen to exist in your city.

I also like to see what local live entertainment there is. Often, local performers will play at coffee shops and restaurants and admission is usually free. That's my kind of coffee date.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:44:27 AM
Coffee, followed by a trip to the local farmer's market then sat in the lobby of a downtown hotel and talked for an hour or so. Next was lunch at an inexpensive Viet/Thai restaurant followed by a walk down by the lake and a stop at another coffee house. We then came back to my place for a glass of wine and I cooked dinner.

So in a 10 hour date, I think the total cost was about $25.00. Best date ever!
 arwen52
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 12:12:54 PM
Many guys complain that dating is expensive but it doesn't have to be.

We have a bunch of free museums in our city.

A day trip to a nice hiking area + picnic lunch. The guy was Indian and brought wonderful Indian food that he'd made himself. Wonderful!

Met one guy at an outdoor art fair. Loved it. I like being outside and it was fun to walk around, have something outside of ourselves to talk about but still have plenty of room for conversation. He bought me an ice cream cone from a vendor. Best first date I've ever had.

Guy made a nice dinner for me. Awesome!

Free outdoor concerts.

Going birding at a natural area where a lot of migrating birds stop.

Free and low cost - and often very good films - at the university.

Art openings are free and often provide some snacks.

Ice cream at a really nice ice cream parlor doesn't cost much and is a lot of fun.

Small ethnic restaurants are often very inexpensive.

There are lots of festivals that are free. The International Festival in our city is great. Of course, you *do* want to spend a little money on tasting the international food offered but you don't have to spend lots! There's music, dance, and lots to look at.

Go out bicycling on a nice trail. Take a picnic lunch.

There's so much one can do that is free or costs very little. Look in the newspaper for events. Be creative.
 TantricJedi
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/28/2012 12:21:15 PM
Invited her to a company dinner. Free food and drink. She was a gorgeous blonde. I got to show her off and she got to mingle with execs advertising her new health food business. Win/win. No money spent. Functional.
 heypretty
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/28/2012 12:31:26 PM
Well there you go. Sounds like the summer in Canada.
 SmartPei
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:14:33 PM

Free/Low Cost Dates :

-Bookstore : Walking around, conversation starters on every shelf, and not at a table conducting an interview.
- Hikes : Physical activity and great surroundings.
- Geocaching : Treasure hunting. Very fun and original
- Cards or Uno at a public place
- Pool, Bowling, Mini Golf, Darts, Lazer Tag, Paint-Balling

Those are very nice!
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/4/2013 6:21:56 AM
Went shopping in the mall for perfume/cologne.
Rules were we had to go to all 5 stores FIRST to sample them before ANY purchase was made - the guy buys for the gal, the gal buys for the guy. Even though some types are ridiculously expensive, the brands we thought smelled 'best' on each other were actually VERY affordable - plus we got to get in close and sniff each others' neck about 25 times that afternoon. By the end of the date, I was so turned on I really could care less if she wanted me to buy a half ounce of gasoline.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Best cheap date you have!!!