Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Opinions Needed! Do you think this guy is into me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 windchymes
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Opinions Needed! Do you think this guy is into me?Page 1 of 1    
It sounds to me like this guy is into anything wearing a skirt, doesn't give a damn about any marriage vows he took or children he helped create and has no clue what appropriateness in the workplace is all about.

He sounds like a real gem. A walking harrassment lawsuit just waiting to happen.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Opinions Needed! Do you think this guy is into me?
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:29:04 PM
Please, explain first why you need an answer to this. Since he's married, and you SAY you have no intention of doing anything about it, it's something to be either ignored, or complained about.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:34:19 PM
Please shut him down...NEVER flirt back with a married man...with Children or not!!!!! It is just not right!!!!!
 Sniper308
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:35:50 PM
OP: Whether you do anything about it or not, you're already dangerously close to being this guy's wife's "other woman." What happens if you, or him, or both of you have a "weak moment?" Also, you're already WAY past any grounds for filing a sexual-harassment lawsuit. My advice is to either "shut this guy down" and MEAN IT, or find another job. As things stand, I see no good coming from this situation the longer it continues.

What this guy says/does is disrespectful to you. If he wouldn't behave the same way in the presence of his wife, then it's certainly nothing "platonic." I also feel you're to blame for allowing him to continue unchecked. You should have shut him down the first time he said or did something flirtatious but, apparently, you didn't. I am ***NOT*** excusing his behavior, but I am saying you are -- by your lack of action -- encouraging him to continue.

I think you need to take yourself somewhere alone, have a cup of coffee, and just THINK about what's going on and what you want out of life... and from your job. The decisions you make today WILL affect how your life goes "tomorrow."
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 1:45:43 PM
It could well be that he is flirting because he's got troubles at home, and is lonely. It wouldn't necessarily be because he's after you per se, it could be that he's after getting a positive response from a female, and you are giving that to him.

No matter what, it's extraordinarily foolish of him to do anything he is doing with you. Whether he's trying to get something going with you or not. I would recommend that you calmly and carefully let him know to stop, for both your sakes. Even if neither of you ever file a complaint against each other, someone else at work could report your behavior and get both of you fired.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 2:13:05 PM
Honey....This is the oldest line in world!!!!!! Please respect yourself enough not to go down this road!!! And you are feeding into his actions that is why he keeps doing it!!
You are young and very pretty, get your own man...There will only be trouble down the road with this ***hole!!!
 raxarsr
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 2:24:33 PM
op.......i gotta ask this.......you know that hes a cheater.....or at least he would be if you let him.......you say if he was divorced you'd go for it...................WHY?.....you know hes gonna cheat on you

thats one of the biggest things i could never figure out about people.......they hook up with a cheater then get upset when they get cheated on
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 2:52:58 PM
he also flirts a little bit with other girls that work with us

You don't know what level of flirting goes on when you're not around. Have you compared notes with the other girls?

1) Don't be a homewrecker
2) If he cheats with you, he will also cheat on you
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Opinions Needed! Do you think this guy is into me?