Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Minutes or hours? How long should it last?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Minutes or hours? How long should it last?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
if someone is waiting for you to finish... it means they are done... and you have bored them.... if you are still meeting their needs in the moment.... they won't be wanting you to finish,....
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Minutes or hours? How long should it last?
Posted: 7/28/2012 3:40:23 PM
There is a time and a place for everything. If I am exhausted and only want a quickie, then 20 minutes is perfect. If I'm feeling frisky or romantic, and have nothing to do the next day, then I have been known to go all night, literally. But on the average occasion, I would say an hour - 90 minutes sounds about right. I don't like to rush things.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 3:47:29 PM

How long should good sex last?

Until it's over.
 catdatty
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 4:02:31 PM
part of good sex is knowing when to stop!
 Pingshooter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 4:25:34 PM

Sometimes there seems to be a miscommunication and 1 person wants it to be over and the other wants to continue. So how can you know when it's really over? LOL

Don't you talk to the one you are making love to?

Communication..very important.
Secondly, if you are making love to a woman, make her happy..do whatever makes her climax and feel good. You will be rewarded.
 MsMicki
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 4:32:21 PM

if someone is waiting for you to finish... it means they are done... and you have bored them.... if you are still meeting their needs in the moment.... they won't be wanting you to finish,....

ditto^
 no_1_bby
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 6:12:39 PM

Sometimes there seems to be a miscommunication and 1 person wants it to be over and the other wants to continue. So how can you know when it's really over? LOL

You can't be serious.

LOL I think a lot of the miscommunications are created from alcohol. 2 intoxicated horny adults plan on going to space mountian. But instead 1 goes to dreamland early and the other goes the rest of the night with sexual frustration. HaHa! Sometimes when 2 adults are hot and heavy theres no time for deep conversation. LOL

This explains a lot.

I don't randomly have sex with drunk people. I don't randomly have sex with (just) anyone. Helps keep the "miscommunications" to a minimum.

Sex with my partner, drunk or otherwise (altho I prefer sober), end when both of us are gasping for air, covered in sweat, and can't feel our legs anymore. If that's 5 minutes or 5 hours, that's how long it takes. That's what 4.5 yrs together does. We know what to expect.
 OutMind
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/28/2012 6:40:52 PM

If that's 5 minutes or 5 hours, that's how long it takes. That's what 4.5 yrs together does.

A round of applause for this statement.

Yes, whatever it takes. Sometimes it's a quickie. Sometimes is a slow burn with hours of foreplay and several orgasms, for the man and woman. Realize, that good sex does not start in the bedroom. It took me years to realize this. It starts in the supermarket, the laundry room, the kitchen, the restaurant that you are going together, the symphony, or even two weeks before when you were siting in a dressing room at Victoria's Secret, planning, skimming her ourfit for some Grant Galla.

Now, I don't want to sound like I know all the answers, because I don't. I wish I was better at reading some of my partners. I also had wished they had been better at reading me.
 morehereasu
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:02:18 PM
well said brother. For most women its starts mentally then ends physically. You young brothers need to learn this. lol you will get more out of life
 windchymes
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:09:27 PM
First you have to define "sex".

If you are talking simply penis thrusting in vagina, I'm not going to be liking that for much more than 20 minutes.

If you are talking about touching, caressing, kissing, foreplay, manually and orally stimulating each other, different positions, as well as penis thrusting in vagina, then there's nothing wrong with that lasting an hour or two or three.

Regardless of what those emails in your junk mail inbox say, "great sex" isn't getting it hard and pounding it in her for hours on end, at least to all the females I know of. We get sore.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:14:55 PM
As far as minutes or hours goes... I just read the instructions on the side panel... most dishes call for 3.5 minutes on high followed by a vigorous stir followed by an additional 45 to 90 seconds on high...

As far as how long it should last... that depends on how fast you eat... if you eat slowly you will be able to appreciate the full flavor of the dish... if you eat too fast, you may choke... always have a glass of water close by.

Of course, the instructions vary depending on the dish, the baking method and overall flavor ambitions at the time...

Usually oven roasted in such a way that heat is applied from both sides simultaneously yields very flavorful results but, it does take longer... usually anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes... this method is not recommended for lunch because it can easily exceed the allotted time by most businesses for lunch. In addition to that, it does not account for the preparation time which often takes as long or longer than the baking itself. Not to mention that if sauces are involved, the gentle mixing, stirring, marinating and settling time can also add another significant amount of time. Of course, time for dessert after the main dish should be taken into account as well, not to mention a good cup of coffee at the end with possibly a shot of Cognac.

A well prepared dish with all the extras, sides and trimmings could end up being an all day affair. The resulting combination of flavor and sensation are usually well worth the time invested, not to mention the satisfaction of a job well done.

I hope this answers your question.
 CharminC
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/28/2012 8:40:15 PM
well said brother. For most women its starts mentally then ends physically. You young brothers need to learn this. lol you will get more out of life

Yeeees!!!! ma'am!
Ugh .. if only more and more men would realize that foreplay can begin with something as simple as opening the door for your lady. Taking her hand to help her out of a car. Bringing her flowers. Leaning over to tell her how good she smells.
You get the picture. Then comes the second phase of foreplay, the kissing, hugging, touching and third phase, disrobing the clothes til you've hit home run.

You've taken a five min quickie into a day long lovefest. I guarantee you the lady is one satisfied woman.
If she ain't, she's dumb.
Plain and simple.

There is no rule to how long. It's how good. *grins
 raxarsr
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2012 10:36:54 PM
well..........if your talking about just the in and out deed.....most men cant go much over 5 min

but....unless its a quickie.......why hurry

shoot...if she has long hair........just brushing her hair takes 20 min or so.........then theres the neck nibbling while your brushing....another 10 or 15 min.......at least another 5 mi of nibbling till you get to the giggly bits........then at least another 10 or 15 min of teaseing till you get to the serious foreplay...........then who knows how long till she grabs you and demands "the deed"...........after that........3 to 5 min of fast and furious ....well....

actually.....its been my experiance that the older a woman is....the more time/attention she likes
 MsMicki
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 7:01:17 AM

It makes it hard to know what women want

That's because each and every one of us is different......
and then each of us want different things each time!!
I may want a quickie one time......and then want an all nighter the next time....
or I may start out nice and slow and end up wanting it fast and furious!!

Good luck with the mentality that we all want the same thing each and every time
 no_1_bby
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2012 8:32:09 AM

A round of applause for this statement.

Thank you. *deep curtsy*

Now, I don't want to sound like I know all the answers, because I don't. I wish I was better at reading some of my partners. I also had wished they had been better at reading me.

It can be one of the biggest stumbling blocks for many couples. My guy is an Aspie, so body language and emotional reading are beyond difficult… on both sides of the equation.

For us, texting or IMing works great. We’ve gotten fairly good at communicating needs and desires that way. It’s not perfect, we aren’t perfect, it takes work.

I was just curious on what people had to say on the forum. I've had this conversation with many women I know and it seems that the younger 1s have no time limit and the older 1s with kids say 20 minutes or less. The reason usually given is a time management thing.

Not all 20 somethings will want sex to be the exact same, or like the same things. Not all 40 somethings will either. You can’t go around pigeon-holing us all into tiny little boxes.

I would prefer it not be so random but my last serious relationship was 3 years ago and I refused to not have sex while I'm single.

So you’re that desperate that you will take any random drunken hook up and that is what you are basing this on? Any sex is ok because you’re that needy? That might not be what you're doing. That is how it is coming across though. Just a reminder that many women can smell desperation on men, and we tend to avoid it like the plague.

My experience has been that there's no consistancy with different women. If I try to determine how long the sex will be based on the previous partner I'd be wrong. I'm with 1 woman for about 3 hrs non stop then the next woman will want 20 minutes. It makes it hard to know what women want.

I think MsMicki nailed it here. I mentioned it before too.

Just to recap:

That's because each and every one of us is different......
and then each of us want different things each time!!
I may want a quickie one time......and then want an all nighter the next time....
or I may start out nice and slow and end up wanting it fast and furious!!

Good luck with the mentality that we all want the same thing each and every time
 platypus_man
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2012 2:08:03 PM
Several years ago, I really got blasted by a lot of folks for asking that question.Every guy will tell you he can last for 8 to 10 hours, after drinking a case of beer, a quart of whisky, and running a marathon, but of course he will also tell you he can usually go much longer than that (which of course is Bu!!sh!t). Eventually, the responses that made sense were: Intercourse, anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes, perhaps changing position and intensity a couple times, then the woman pretty much runs out of lubrication and it gets painful. That's only a rough guideline, however, some will last longer, some not so long, and of course you can always stop and revert back to oral for lubrication or use some type of artificial lube (flavored is fine, but avoid food types which can screw up her vaginal health). Remember the vast majority of women will enjoy as much foreplay as you are willing to offer, and if you're making them orgasm orally or manually, they may signal you when they want penetration or just let you get around to it on your own (most women can't climax by penetration alone, no matter how long and hard you can go, remember that). If she's reached orgasm, or several, she may fall asleep as fast as you do after intercourse, but most women like being held (or 'spooned') after having sex. She may wish to talk or not. But you should try not to just collapse and go to sleep after 'you're done'; it's simply not the gentlemanly thing to do. Does that help, LImuscleman?
 chunkyblack21
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/9/2012 2:24:21 PM
true, I believe its not how long a man can last, but its how well he does it
 rdcnorm
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/12/2012 4:24:04 PM
OMG,, is that really a question,, you go have sex till your f""king both completely satisfied and total exhausted,,, if you have to get up and watch tv, read a book,, something was missing,, hey i am just sayin..
 FireMon
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:35:33 PM
When I was newer to sex, I only enjoyed about 30 minutes of it before getting dreadfully sore and whining in my head, "Are we there yet?"

Now 50 to 60 minutes, maybe 75, is about perfect. And then a nap and some more. Unless we haven't seen each other in a while; then we go at it fast and furious for 30. Yeah, 25 to 30 minutes is a quickie for me.

I only ever had one partner who couldn't go that long; he had a short recovery period, but the starts and stops just weren't for me.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/15/2012 12:48:22 PM

Oh lordy did that make me laugh. If they say that, you are DEFINITELY doing it wrong. LOL!

^^^ was that experience talking,,,kidding...

However have you heard the phrase,,OMG we F**ded so hard it made us silly,, it's kinda like laughter empowers the wonderful moment,, called almost teas of joy,,
 soulsearcher012
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 3:34:46 PM
The longer the better IMO !!
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/25/2014 1:49:37 PM
It all depends on how long you've paid for, and how mean her pimp looked
 Dan198508
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/25/2014 8:30:11 PM
It depends on how high their dopamine is. If their dopamine is low they go like, "f my life, not another sex session!!" and if their dopamine is into schizophrenic realms, they get unfked as soon as you're done fking them and jump you again.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2014 6:00:58 PM
Alcohol and sex don't really mix well.

I'm not young, and your implication offends me. Get my drift?
 petula1908
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/28/2014 6:15:53 PM
If a woman wants it over and done with quite quickly, she is not really into you or the sex so much, I would say. Or she has children or work on her mind. Depends on the situation and where it is all happening. HOw long should good sex last?? It is up to the individual players. Ithink the "hook up" word you used describes a casual situation and not really making love which is a whole other ballgame.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Minutes or hours? How long should it last?