Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Its been a year since it ended      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 2
Its been a year since it endedPage 1 of 1    

what the hell do I do?

Pull out your purse,look inside, find your birth certificate, and realize that you are only 26 years old, and more than likely you will go thru one or two more "relationships" before you actually find a boy that will be a man that you can have something long term with??????

It may seem like the end of the world today,but,really, it isn't. It's just an experince that you either learn from, or you don't. It's up to you. No one else.
 webmdtech
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Its been a year since it ended
Posted: 7/29/2012 1:28:27 PM
I feel your pain. everyone here will tell you to move on, more fish in the sea, blah blah, only you feel like a freaking fish in a barrel. All you can think about is how happy that person made you, how you never been more yourself when he is around. you compair every new person to him, the way they fit you when you lay together, the way the back of their neck smells. I belive not too many people truly loved, cause if they did they would know exactly what you are going through. The don't think you will never get over that person, true love never dies. I lost my love over 3 years ago and not a day goes by i don't think of her. Sometimes I wish i can zap her out of my mind like that movie " eternal sunshine of a spotless mind", but sometimes i am just thankfull that at least i have expirienced what true love was.
 coyotefeller
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/29/2012 1:31:15 PM
^^^^^^^ Booo wah wah....what a load of crap !
Negative thoughts will get you nowhere ! ...as you've noticed !

I cant even enjoy sex anymore or even want to....

Seems like sex is something you are doing when you are bored...
...or something ! ?
Try living and loving for a change ...like really getting involved
in life ....instead of watching it go by !
Stuck in a rut for a year at 25 is an eternity!....will wear you down girl !
 Teri11215
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/29/2012 5:30:56 PM
This would be my standard advice to anyone who has recently had a bad break up and aren't over it yet. Go through all the feelings you need to feel, and then when you feel you can't cry anymore, or whatever you do to get past this, you will be ready to have another relationship. It wouldn't be fair to the next person if you are still harboring feelings for your former boyfriend. Good luck to you!
 michele6259
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2012 10:07:43 PM

I seem to be stuck in a spiralling rut

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.
-- Audrey Hepburn

When you feel helpless
maybe you can find someone else to help
Someone who really needs it
and in helping them
your problems will feel small in comparison
and you'll realize
your'e not all that helpless
 prettyflowers
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 5:22:23 AM
You absolutely need to go see a therapist. Your mental health is not good and you need to be able to learn how to cope with this mess in your life.
Why would you want to talk to him after all of this? Please do get the help you need. You will be surprized how much talking to a therapist will help you.
Good luck...PF
 Russell.32
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 10:21:03 PM
Hypnotherapy might also be an option... I used hypnotherapy to quit smoking
then I learned I could do so much more with hypnotherapy too. I once had an unrequited love.
It took years to get over it... YEARS! After I learned their was a program with hypnosis to get over lost
love that I was never gonna get.... well I was glad it existed and sore that I did not know about it years ago.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Its been a year since it ended