Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Newfoundland  > Do you find there aren't enough people on POF in St. John's?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Monsieur_Buttons
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do you find there aren't enough people on POF in St. John's?Page 1 of 1    
The truth is, I can probably message all the girls I'm interested in on POF at any time within like... 3 days maybe? Then I need to wait like a month for some new people to come online.

I need to move to a bigger city...
 Sheldon86
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do you find there aren't enough people on POF in St. John's?
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:52:05 PM
Well boys I would probably agree with you. Because in the grand scheme of things we can break it down a little by the numbers ok assuming you're both from St. John's or at least near it like myself. St. John's has roughly a little less than two hundred thousand people so we'll use 200,000 as a basis. Now as online dating is still kinda a gray area, people are starting to warm to it but, for the most part it's still viewed by most people as "online dating ewwww!" And lord knows that Newfoundland is not exactly up to date on its technological and sociological trends so; online dating is even further back here.

Okay so as I was saying 200,000 people in St. John's and for the sake of argument half of that population is women. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere there's actually more women than men on the island but anyway 100,000 will work for now. On this site it's nine profiles per page and lets just say for a number to toss out there, as I have no intentions of actually checking, there's 50 pages out there. I'm fairly certain that's a good guess so that makes 450 women so that means of a population of 100,000 women .45 percent of that population is here on plenty of fish. Now actually in fact I'm pretty sure it would be less than that when you take into fact age demographics, personal interests, and etc... but there's no way in hell I'm getting that detailed this was like 10 minutes of thinking on this for me and that's all I'm putting into it lol. And having worked that out in my head I will have to agree with you there's definitely too few women on this website.

It's also kinda got me think I might just say to hell with this website because honestly I've never really thought about the numbers till this moment and now that I have wow! There is really sweet **** all of the population on this site lol. I'm fairly certain that my math would work out pretty similarly for the number of men on this site too. Now I'm sure there some person out there, much smarter than myself, who can do a much better job of the break down of the numbers than my basic mathematics has but anyway that's all I have to say on it.

P.S. I probably won't give up on this site it has because something of a wretched addiction to me lol. Jump on "is there anyone new? There is! Are they someone I would like? They're not :( Oh well maybe next time." *next time may vary depending on how bored I am lol.*
 Monsieur_Buttons
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Do you find there aren't enough people on POF in St. John's?
Posted: 8/26/2012 5:18:40 PM
Yeah there are definitely a lot of "regulars" here, especially the people who seem to be online most often... Most of those people have been here for years.
Show ALL Forums  > Newfoundland  > Do you find there aren't enough people on POF in St. John's?