Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Fate? Destiny? Bad timing.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Fate? Destiny? Bad timing.Page 1 of 1    
What would it hurt? You could make it clear that your intent is not to try and rekindle your relationship. If and when you run into him, maybe you will both be more comfortable. Then again..... maybe not. If it were me, I would probably call and give him a heads up.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Fate? Destiny? Bad timing.
Posted: 8/8/2012 1:43:47 PM
You mentioned that you were not interested. I would reiterate that to him when I called. I think it may break the ice if you run into him. Sounds like it was a great relationship and distance got in the way. Would it make you feel more at ease if you called him??
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/8/2012 2:13:58 PM
That is bad timing.
Sorry about that Iconoclast.

I wouldn't contact him yet.

Wait until you move and run into him there.

Great conversation starter ...

"Too bad it ended before I decided to move to your city ...."
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/8/2012 2:22:32 PM
Sure. contact him.
Unless yall ended on bad terms,
I don't see an issue with trying to catch up.

Besides....maybe he's been pining for you as well.
:-P

good luck.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2012 2:34:08 PM
All this talk of being interested in this past relationship or not. What is your motivation in calling him prior to your move.?? If it is innocent and just making it less anxiety provoking if you do bump into him, is one thing. If you are wanting it to be more, be honest with yourself. AND.... give it some thought so that you can be prepared with the outcome whatever it may be.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2012 2:37:52 PM
Well, you said it!! Now call him!!! LOL
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/8/2012 3:34:41 PM
Are you on his FB list?
You can do GF recon in there.

And as for men of action or whatever....
we never forget a memorable ex.
May not be pining.
But for you....perhaps just as effective.
 coyotefeller
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/8/2012 3:34:55 PM

A man like him is seldom alone unless by choice.
We move in the same circles.

Birds of a feather ....should be no problem for you then !
I just love how the usual suspects here
just can't be nice enough to one of their own ....puke !
 E_keys
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/8/2012 4:35:42 PM
I think you're afraid that if you contact him and say "Coming to a neighborhood near you!" he'll say "So, uh, what do you want me to do about it?" and make you feel you made HIM feel put upon to do something.

Somehow, that's reduced a lot if you move and settle in first - it makes it feel more clear that all your decisions were made, independently of him.

If the grapevine gets there ahead of you it'll be easy to say, "Of course I was looking forward to touching base! Moving was just such a hassle, you know? I was going to wait til the dust settled. .......... Coffee sometime?"

ps Turn the fantasy part up to Eleven any time.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Fate? Destiny? Bad timing.