Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Nevada  > Tattoos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Babaganoooosh
Msg: 1
TattoosPage 1 of 1    
Since when did tattoos become the big thing. I'm a guy, and I honestly don't understand why ladies in particular think that they should have at least one tattoo. Is that some way of expressing individuality? Or just a way of marketing and appealing to your target male audience? I think three-quarters of the tattoos I see are all similar to others girls, and even more look as if they were done at Donnie's Drunken Tattoo Parler. Why?! Does not compute!
 mzubritsky
Msg: 2
Tattoos
Posted: 8/13/2012 11:02:19 PM
Ah love it!!! You took the words right out of my mouth dude. As a musician, girls look down upon me due to the fact that I'm not covered in Tattoos. With that, excessive tattoos are extremely unprofessional and do NOT promote acquiring an adequate job/career. I refuse to date or go out with a girl that has excessive visible tattoos. Think before you ink weirdos!!
 Israel007
Msg: 3
Tattoos
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:05:58 PM
Yeah! And while were at it they should all be forced to wear Burkas and never speak! And who came up with this crazy idea of letting them vote? What is this world coming to? Wont someone please think of the children!
 Babaganoooosh
Msg: 4
Tattoos
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:17:58 PM
There are many ways to express individuality. You don't have to cover your body in ink from head to toe to show who you are. I'd say a good personality is much more appealing than fairy wings on the upper shoulders.

Also, I never said they should not be allowed to do it. If you really feel that a tattoo is what you want, great. Good for you. My only observation is that this is a fad that will fade in time, and people will look back and wonder in amazement at their foolishness. If you like art, why not create it rather than permanently scar your body with it?
 SleeplessInLasVegas
Msg: 5
Tattoos
Posted: 8/24/2012 11:46:34 PM
I personally love a lady with alot of tattoos. As far as it being a trend... i dont think its going anywhere. People are just more open minded now a days then they were in 50's. You have your right to an opinion but that doesnt mean its what everyone thinks. For me: The more tattoos the better.
 nipoleon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Tattoos
Posted: 8/25/2012 7:44:35 PM
I have not yet seen a tattoo that made anybody look better.

A few years ago a young lady told me she got a tattoo to express her individuality.
I said to her, " Oh, you're an individual " ?

I remember when getting a tattoo was an act of rebellion, not an act of conformity.

You are what you make of yourself. To be someone, you must make yourself someone.
It comes from the inside out, not from the outside in.
 NatalieSR
Msg: 7
Tattoos
Posted: 8/26/2012 4:08:25 AM
I do have one tattoo... I never knew what drew me to them, I just recall most of my life I would draw on myself in a tattoo form. But as for men not liking it, I dont care its apart of me now and they would have to accept that. and I dont have a marketing strategy for men, hence the fact I am single. I personally dont care if a guy has them or not.
But my tattoo is my design and as an artist I know its different, any tattoo I get will be my design with my own meaning attached to it, but in that sense I think then it is an expression of indiviuality. if people dont like it or dont want to see it, they may look away. Because like I said they are apart of me.
 SourPtchkids
Msg: 8
Tattoos
Posted: 9/1/2012 6:55:08 PM
A large majority of women have tattoos in Las Vegas and it's such a turn off for me. Call me old fashion but, I think they're so trashy. I've learned to accept them though and realized it's near impossible to find a girl without one nowadays.
 NatalieSR
Msg: 9
Tattoos
Posted: 9/2/2012 2:43:15 PM
I know where you're coming from. But tattoos do not define class, or even if a woman is a lady or not, but by her actions and the way she holds herself. Even Julia Gordon Lowe (founder of girl scouts) believed that a true lady of society should be able to get dirty and fix her own home but if requested at an event should know how to dress herself accordingly and with enough class to not outshine the hostess.
 Sulli0777
Msg: 10
Tattoos
Posted: 9/10/2012 9:35:53 PM
definitely actions over appearance, but appearance is defined by actions so in a way you can judge the way someone is on the way they look.
 NatalieSR
Msg: 11
Tattoos
Posted: 9/15/2012 6:46:18 PM
I agree to an extent... But a lady and a woman that wears tattoos I feel It is a concern of prejudice... which is a problem for most people not just women
 fuzzboxguy
Msg: 12
Tattoos
Posted: 9/19/2012 12:13:13 AM
I have to agree. 20 years ago, a woman with tattoos was seen as either a full blown butch, or a bikers lady. Now, they are almost standard to have.
I personally have no use for them, and see them as nothing more than graffiti. But to each their own. As long as my significant other doesnt have them, I dont much care.
 NatalieSR
Msg: 13
Tattoos
Posted: 9/19/2012 8:13:04 AM
But what would happen if you didn't know she had them, and you happen to fall for her. You see it on her is that then a deal breaker cause then it is all in the physical and not the personality. And that is something more important than any marking on your body.
 BPCoop19
Msg: 14
Tattoos
Posted: 12/17/2012 8:51:51 PM
I love girls with tattoos. I'm finding that girls out here are a lot more "tatted up," than back around Chicago, which I like.
 angeLeYeS147
Msg: 15
Tattoos
Posted: 12/18/2012 5:29:00 PM
I have 2 tattoos and plan on getting 1 or 2 more. However, they are in places I can cover up. I would never get one that could potentially interfer with me getting a job. I don't want to miss a great paying job simply because of a tattoo. And I didn't get the one's I have for anyone but me. I love mine because they are what I like, not what someone else would like to see on me.
 eggsalad1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Tattoos
Posted: 12/20/2012 7:50:19 PM
I wouldn't date a gal with a tattoo. Period. Full Stop. In Las Vegas, that limits me to possibly 1 in 200 women who don't have tattoos. So what?
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 17
Tattoos
Posted: 12/20/2012 8:08:33 PM
I would say first, don't judge a person for how they portray themselves outer aesthitically. I am an artist and love good artwork on skin, paper, or canvas, but I do agree though that tattoos now are a dime a dozen since the social media has sensationalized them. The only thing that really gets me, especially on this site, is that people use their tattoos as a selling point of who they are. Keep rocking them, yet be real with yourself.
 thehuglife
Msg: 18
Tattoos
Posted: 12/26/2012 2:12:10 PM
I don't mind either way. I have a few tattoos myself, and if I like a tattoo on a woman, I'll say so. If I don't like it, I move on and keep it to myself.

Live and let live. If you don't like it, move on and find someone else that fits your standards. There's no need to call anyone trashy or low class.
 Bumperboy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Tattoos
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:24:07 AM
To me, it depends on what kind of tattoos they are: gang tattoos are trashy, tacky, and are all about low/no self-esteem. I'd never be interested in anybody that wore those.

Flowers, stuff like that, are different: they accent the woman wearing them, so long as the artist does a decent job.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 20
Tattoos
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:41:58 PM
"Even Julia Gordon Lowe (founder of girl scouts) believed that a true lady of society should be able to get dirty and fix her own home but if requested at an event should know how to dress herself accordingly and with enough class to not outshine the hostess."

Ah, yes. But, we're not talking about clothes or decorative households or dirt that can be washed off, we're talking about ink, permanently embedded in the skin. We're talking about something, that even if a woman wanted to have it taken off, they would still end up with some horrible scar. In the right place, that scar may be something she will regret.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 21
Tattoos
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:45:15 PM
"And I didn't get the one's I have for anyone but me."

I never understood this perspective. If it's something personal for you, why get words that would be flipped around when you look in the mirror? Why not have those words flipped already, so only you can enjoy them??

No, I think people want to show this crap off and be able to raise your chin at anyone who disapproves.

Narcissism is on the rise, clearly.
 hwnislander
Msg: 22
Tattoos
Posted: 3/18/2013 11:57:21 PM
Wow. Really. Coming from Hawaii , almost everyone has tats both women and men there. It's not only a form of expression but for some Polynesians , their tattoos literally tell their life stories through shapes and symbols and is a cultural thing.. I'm actually surprised that there are so many people on here that don't like tattoos. I actually like women with tattoos and have dated women with multiple tattoos on several occasions. I think it really depends on the individual. People get tattoos for different reasons.
 LukeMitch31
Msg: 23
Tattoos
Posted: 3/19/2013 10:07:54 PM
It's all about preference. We're all entitled to our own preferences. I mean, I've seen girls on POF, who openly state that they want "White guys" or "Black guys." What makes their preferences any more or less significant than ours?
 Aeladya
Msg: 24
Tattoos
Posted: 9/20/2015 6:46:53 PM
Personally I would get a tattoo if I was comfortable with needles, you'd think that with my deep veins and constant poking to try to find one to draw blood that I would be comfortable with them...nope they still hurt.
Show ALL Forums  > Nevada  > Tattoos