Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Messaging Intimate Encounters.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Messaging Intimate Encounters.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)

I do need tips on how to write a message for intimate encounter without getting rejected.

The only way that I've heard works for this is, to go to the "red light" section of your town, and offer money. People in the business of sex for pay, almost never turn down customers. Past that, there's no such thing as what you ask.
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Messaging Intimate Encounters.
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:50:30 PM
If you're searching the bars for a relationship, then why not get your ONS there also. Or find the relationship and get your loving from her... although that may be tough since you are still searching elsewhere for sex.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2012 2:46:39 PM
My only suggestion is to be honest about what you are looking for. If it's sex, say so. Don't expect your response numbers to increase as a result tho.

Also, many women won't contact men who list they are looking for IE because many other users (myself included) block users that have contacted other members looking for IE.
 FireMon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:50:45 PM
Stop assuming anyone owes you a reply, a phone number, a date, or sex. Women are people, not pussies, so treat them like it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/13/2012 7:44:21 PM
~OP~ You're in the wrong place for advice on this topic. This is an anti-FWB, FB, NSA, hetero-monogamous forum (for 90% of the posters here.) If you are looking for intimate encounters? You need to go to sites which are for that purpose. There are many of them. And there are tons of "guides" on how to find intimate encounters/intimate encounter-minded people. Google "personal sites for sex" and you'll be off and running. JMO
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:09:36 PM
Intimate encounters is where the shallow meet the shallower.
Not to knock you.
Just how it is.

If you are a buff 8 or above in your pics.... just say hi.
If not, being clever and wordy will not help you.

So probably best stick to bars.
cus alcohol will help level out a shallow playing field.
 oneofakind704
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/15/2012 8:45:31 AM
Women on POF is a trip...don't want a guy to mention sex at all,don't we all want a sexual partner?
 arwen52
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2012 6:13:50 PM
Realize that the number of men looking for casual encounters probably outnumbers the number of women by at least 20 to 1, maybe more.

I can't speak for other women, but when I'm looking for a guy for a roll in the hay (and yes, I have done that a number of times) there's a number of things I'm paying attention to. One is a nice & inviting looking photo. Like, the one of you crouching with sunglasses on would get a pass from me. I want to see a photo where I can see what you look like. You don't need to look like a model. You do need to have a neat appearance and look friendly, inviting, and safe.

You also don't want to come off like a moron, which most men do. Try reading Craig's List m4w some time. Really, are these guys serious? Write in complete sentences, use proper punctuation, spelling and grammar. Make yourself sound interesting. Make yourself sound like a guy who is going to be pleasant to be with for a couple of hours. What makes you an interesting person? It's not just about what you do in bed. The best lovers are intelligent, creative, interesting people who focus on their partner, want to please them, and pay attention to detail. A little romance is cool. I know you're talking casual encounter but women - even women looking for a hookup - are emotional creatures. A guy who treats you well, who is attentive, who appreciates you, is a turn-on. Like, a guy who will open doors for you because he wants to treat you well and make you feel special and then turns around and lets you know that in bed he's also going to treat you well and make you feel special is the guy who is going to get the quality woman's attention way ahead of all the idiots out there. And if you get a quality woman, you *will* get a quality lover.

Of course, that's what gets *this* woman's attention.

I've picked up a number of guys for casual encounters and they tell me they get very few responses and most are either from "professionals" or from very scary women. If you want a quality woman, you're going to have to come off as a quality guy, even if all you want is a one night stand.

I would stick with the bars if I were you.

Girls around your age mostly want a boyfriend.

Older women want a hot guy with serious experience.

You will probably have to put in your time like most guys do. Possibly learn to actually like women.

^^^^^ Yup. I hate to tell you, but experience counts. Until recently, all the really good lovers I had were at least 49 years old. I recently met an exceptional one who was in his mid 30s.

You might try looking for "cougars" and be sincere about asking them to teach you to be a good lover. Some older women like mentoring younger guys. That might work.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Messaging Intimate Encounters.