Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > An idea for an upgrade feature      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 2
view profile
History
An idea for an upgrade featurePage 1 of 1    
If she viewed you and didnt message you she ALREADY REJECTED YOU.

Bad assumption. You assume everyone browses the way you browse. Also you're not taking into account the majority of women WILL NEVER initiate first contact.

OP's idea has merit but not the way he wants it to be implemented. Sure if someone browses once and never returns it means no interest. Multiple browses could indicate interest. And multiple browses within a certain timeframe increases the likelyhood that someone is interested. This feature could be implemented such that if there are multiple browses within a certain time frame, then that person shows up in the View Me section. This feature is definitely worth exploring.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 4
view profile
History
An idea for an upgrade feature
Posted: 8/13/2012 1:53:34 AM

To impliment it would mean that users would HAVE to login to view profiles which might sound good to users but I suspect would be an issue for admin as being able to browse prior to signing up for a membership allows non-members to see what they are getting into.

Currently, if the viewer is not logged in OR does not have an account, then nothing is recorded. Views are only recorded when a viewer has an account AND is logged in AND has the View Me setting enabled. That part does not need to change. The new feature would only affect recording when the View Me setting is disabled and take into account the number of browses.
 vestaceres
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/13/2012 1:54:32 AM
This is akins to asking PoF to remove the IE filters as they are "unjust."

I happily amd stealthily review posts. This way I can decide whether to contact somebody in a search as I please without issue. For the exceptions of this post and others in the forums where I have done so and openly reviewed their profile, I search privately.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 4:00:22 AM
My response too, is that what the OP is asking for, is that in order to get more paying members, POF take a desired feature away from EVERYONE ELSE. No matter what one wants the rest of us to no longer have, it's like suggesting that POF discard 90% of it's existing customers, in order to titillate or amuse the remaining 10.

I do understand the desire to know who's peering at you, and what they think, but as Cowboy pointed out, you wont gain what you think you would from this anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > An idea for an upgrade feature