Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Moodiness      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prettyflowers
Msg: 1
view profile
History
MoodinessPage 1 of 1    
How does one control the craziness of emotions after a break-up? One moment I am okay...A few minutes later I am on the verge of tears and then back to normalcy..Then angry, then grateful it's over....When on earth does this craziness end? PF
 justlookingvt
Msg: 2
Moodiness
Posted: 8/13/2012 1:53:17 PM
It will end when you fill your mind with thoughts that are not related to the break-up. That very often implies a change in your lifestyle in such a way that, you have other worthwhile things to think about.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 3
Moodiness
Posted: 8/13/2012 3:49:26 PM
when happy and in love....
I pray "Thanks and may all be as happy as I."
....when not.
and miserable....
I pray "By this suffering I atone for any I may have caused pain to".

I put my moods to good use.
and give them both freely away.
By not clinging onto one...
I can easily let go of the other.

good luck.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Moodiness
Posted: 8/14/2012 4:56:50 AM
Actually, I think that the mood swings are both normal, and relatively healthy, despite being so difficult to deal with.

When I'm healing from a physical wound, some days it feels fine, and some days it hurts like crazy or itches. When that happens with a physical injury, most of us recognize it as a normal part of the healing process. But for some reason in the realm of emotions and psychology, which is vastly more complicated and convoluted, many of us expect ourselves and others, to move smoothly from recovery stage to recovery stage.

I think that the way to deal with the ups and downs best, is to accept that they happen, and adjust one's self-control as needed, in order to fulfill other normal obligations. Thus, go ahead and accept that one day you will wake up fresh and clean and happy, and another day you will wake into a live nightmare of despair, and often you will have to "put on a brave face" in order to go to work, or tend your children or whatever. Let the healing take whatever time it takes.

We are all multi-level entities: so as each level begins to heal, you will feel the pain or "itching" again. But as long as you neither panic, nor reverse course blindly in response to it, it's all leading to an ultimately positive result for you.
 AxemanMixer
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Moodiness
Posted: 8/19/2012 1:35:30 AM
I'm still feeling it to this day. It's been almost 4 1/2 months and sometimes I'm overwhelmed with sadness. But those feelings are less frequent. The part of anger, bargaining and depression also takes turns. Its taken almost 2 months to begin to enjoy the things that made up my daily life. I would find that friend that you can count on, one that can see things objectively and is not so close to your regular circle of acquaintances.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Moodiness
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:21:45 AM
greenfield101, Yes, thank you for your post. Today is one of my good days..I just wish I could bottle it up and drink it when I need it.
I am doing better. I don't go to sleep with him being the last thing on my mind nor do I wake up with him being the first thing on my mind. And that to me is a wonderful liberation!!!
My road to recovery is just a right turn away!! Thank you all for your support! PF
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Moodiness