Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > new partner, we only have mobile phone, no other contact      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 3
new partner, we only have mobile phone, no other contactPage 1 of 1    
We have been slowly building up relationship for 3 months. We only have each other's mobile number.
We have no other way of contacting each other, no email or Messenger or Skype or landline phone number.

FIRST, have you actually MET that "partner" in person? NOTHING is real about them just from online, you must meet soonest and only THEN could something real start to "build up"...

We stay in with DVD and takeaways which is nice but i think we could go out for a drink or cinema or walk in park, so him not keen to go out with me in public and us only having each other mobile phone numbers make me think he is may be not single.

Methinks you may be right. He is older than you and very married with kids around, or entirely broke and can't afford to do anything. He could still go for walks in the parks with you unless he is afraid of being seen by his wife or kids/friends..

He doesn't admit to Faceplant because he won't put you on it for his wife/kids/parents/friends/ other lovers to see you there...
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 8
new partner, we only have mobile phone, no other contact
Posted: 8/14/2012 7:52:10 AM
I am usually not suspicious person, i have some female friends on POF and they have met guys who first seem normal and single but it turned out they were not and they only ever gave out mobile phone number. I am only wanting to protect myself, not looking for faults with men.

Glad you aren't looking, we all have our faults.. Especially out here in Southern CA..

"To protect yourself" after three months of those stay-in DVD movie nights.. Well...

IF a person won't open up to you who has been sharing your home, dinner, DVDs, and bed for three months,
what is left to "protect"? Your emotions for that hidden agenda hope that he will eventually make you an "honest woman" and marry you,
despite having a wife already and three kids?

IF what you have right now isn't enough, KNOW that is very likely ALL that ever will be with that person,
since they apparently successfully hide most of the rest of their life from you...
 newstart1949
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:35:29 AM
Red FLags are popping up all over the place....

There might be a reason for him not wanting to give out the other information but lying about it means you already starting off with at least one strike...DISHONESTY

Might be a minor lie, but none the less it is a Lie.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:50:13 AM
Don't hurt your feelings over this....Just get out....Sounds like a big waste of your precious time. And why on earth would he lie about his facebook account? I think you should tell him to take a long walk off a short pier!!! PF
 c_deacon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 9:06:36 AM
If there was ever a time for open communications, this is it OP.....

Email is a normal part of the knowing each other process and not unreasonable unless you want to get his work email, when he does work. Taking walks and going to the mall or a movie, driving to the park and enjoying a picnic there, on and on, can and should be initiated by you if you feel that is something that you really want to do.

If you two spend all your time inside his place, then you should know that he is not married, but if all the time is spent inside your place and not his, then that is the red flag that you need to talk about. Invite this man to something you want to do, and if he says no, remember it and invite him another time and see how he handles it. You are in control of what you will or will not do, put up with, or allow, and it all starts with talking to him.......not just spending weekends inside watching tv and bedding each other.

cd
 femaleconnection
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/14/2012 9:16:07 AM
Im not a suspiscious person by nature, but everything you posted OP leads me to think he is hiding something. In your shoes Id outright tell him he is making me think he is married....
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:05:58 AM
My cell phone and email is the only way to contact me. I don't have a landline and though I have FB, I do not use it for a means of communication, per se.

I think your real problem might be that you are, indeed, his "secret."

You allow it to continue. Take charge of yourself--if you don't like his actions, then break it off.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > new partner, we only have mobile phone, no other contact