Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How to deal with being dumped      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 malley
Msg: 4
view profile
History
How to deal with being dumped Page 1 of 1    

I put a bit more stock into the relationship

In this the case, she did you a favour. You deserve someone who will be equally as committed as you are. Accepting less is settling. Someone, somewhere is out there looking for you.
Until you find her, develop some new interests, take a night class and work on becoming the best you can be.
Good luck.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 6
view profile
History
How to deal with being dumped
Posted: 8/17/2012 8:32:42 AM
This happened to me recently, and a poster told me to take a look at myself while having these feelings of loss and lonliness. And for some strange reason it works, at least for me.
The dynamics of my relationship were a little more intense and we lasted over a year,so I was devastated to say the least. I still get an empty feeling in my stomach at times, but I have found family to be a super help and a good diversion.
You hang tough..believe me...You will get past this.
We all want to be loved...Not living in conflict. Good luck friend! PF
 DameWrite
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 12:38:22 AM
How come you were expecting this?
I think you didn't believe you were all that suited anyway and only after being alone and suffering withdrawal did it really bother you.

Just know that all it is is withdrawal and just like when you work out physically your muscles might ache a bit. You have been working out emotionally so aching should be expected.
Cheer up and know that this has made your emotional muscles grow. Good thing, you might REALLY need them some day.

We can't win them all.
 malley
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:05:52 AM
And the winner is:

any person who does not consider you to be the right person for them can *not* be the right person for you.
This is why I don't subscribe to thoughts like, "The love of my life left me," because what makes a man "the love of my life" is that I am the love of his.

Well said.

OP, love shouldn't hurt. It does because we to give it to the wrong one.
 TRESemme1
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/24/2012 4:42:52 PM
hey i have been to a more devastating situation just 5 months ago than you are having right now because my husband left me for another woman. i thought that i could never get over it. i just cried every single day. every second i think of him. but as time passes by and meeting up other guys, you will get over it little by little. especially if another guy takes your breath away, she will just be a thing of the past. but if it doesn't work out, you tend to think of this girl again but not as obsessively as you are doing right now. they are right, time heals all hurt. and dating the opposite sex, too.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How to deal with being dumped