Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What is the best way to draw woman's attention      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TantricJedi
Msg: 2
What is the best way to draw woman's attentionPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
His ability to create an elegant dining experience on the first date.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 3
What is the best way to draw woman's attention
Posted: 8/17/2012 2:07:30 PM

Having a picture and a big club helps.. Or at least pretending to have one with a highly embellished profile. Veracity!
So rare online...
 TantricJedi
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/17/2012 2:33:53 PM
Ironically, my apartment number is 69 and not by choice.
 laskoboo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 2:58:34 PM
a guy who is himself !!!!

dating games are for kids !
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/17/2012 3:02:17 PM
In real life or online? Ultimately, the are the same attributes, but they are expressed differently due to the venue (duh, I know).

1. The first thing that attracts me is the way a man looks--not necessarily how handsome he is, but how he dresses, his hair, his hands, how he smiles. Online, these aspects are difficult to discern in one or two pictures. I HATE studio photos--the wrinkles are always retouched but it doesn't fool anyone.

2. A part of how a man looks is how he projects: self confidence--but not braggadocio or narcissism--is a huge attraction. Some men, and women, can do this without saying a word by how they carry themselves. He should be friendly but not fawning.

3. Intelligence--educated is good, but lots of smart people do not have degrees. Along with this, the ability to converse.

4. Wit and humor, but not toilet humor.

These aspects are difficult to determine online, but the best way to do so is in the profile blurb; most profile blurbs do not draw me in because people cannot write well.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/17/2012 3:22:17 PM
Normalicy it s good start.

However finding that is difficult.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 3:58:56 PM
what is normal. ? normal to one is totally different to someone else.?
 c_deacon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 6:05:54 PM
Come on dude....get real.........be real......and show real!!

You want attention and be attractive to women? Try being the best you can be, look good, smell good, act good but always have a bad boy part of you, earn good money, wear good clothes and know when and where to take them off and with whom!!

cd
 LGG62
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/17/2012 6:07:32 PM

i love to joke and laugh, im really witty, but the looks will always win over the humor unfortunatly. :(

Not true. My last BF was average looking, but a great sense of humor and personality. We were together five years.
 JustMary65
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/17/2012 7:19:56 PM
I can't speak for any woman but myself.

1. Honesty
2. A nice smile
3. Can carry on a lasting conversation
4. Humor
5. Can take a joke
6. Being respectful

Looks help, but it has to be the whole package. What appeals to me might not appeal to the next woman, but I'd guess that if you make efforts to be upfront and engaging is a great start. I know people have their reasons why they don't opt for a profile picture, but it's nice to see who you are talking to.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/17/2012 8:18:02 PM

Start, or operate, a shoe store or winery

Enjoy.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/17/2012 8:38:39 PM
jennifert: i call shennanigans on that make a girl laugh stuff. whenever i show a girl my penis, she laughs and doesnt do anything.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 9:42:49 PM

We have read and seen so many things, but really what is the best way to catch woman's attention

Apparently you haven’t read and seen many things at all or else you’d know how to spell, use punctuation, and form grammatically correct sentences. But most of all, you would not be asking this question which indicates that you assume women are all the same. It depends on who you ask, 43 year old graduate degree Mr. sugarcoat69 who is not looking for any type of relationship or commitment. Now how is a question like that going to help you get laid?

Wave enough cash and you’ll catch a hooker lady’s attention. Maybe.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:54:59 PM
send her unsolicited pics of your penis.
 Railrunner
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 12:41:27 AM

We have read and seen so many things, but really what is the best way to catch woman's attention.

Go buy an ex-Army tank. Drive it around town for all your day to day needs. Obey traffic signs, and no matter how tempting, do NOT fire the cannon, even at the dummy who cuts you off in traffic.

I think everybody will notice you! Now, after that, once you get a lady's attention, go from there.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:12:59 AM
CHOCOLATE!!!!!
Your welcome.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/18/2012 12:35:15 PM
OP, you seem to have a knack for bringing out the haters. What's your secret. Criticize your screen name, punctuation, profile, lack of a picture, etc.. They don't feel like responding to your question, but want to get their petty little digs in at you.

Some people evidently think that if you aren't attractive to them personally, you shouldn't be asking questions here.
 Maleman999
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/18/2012 12:59:38 PM
Learn to play a musical instrument and join a rock band. You will have your choice of women. If you like the young ones. learn how to rap.
 Dødheimsgard
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:44:32 PM
Voodoo spells and love potions.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 2:29:02 PM

With due respect according to my experiences woman who bogged down into these punctuations, and grammatical errors are the very difficult woman.We are here for relationship, good time,companionship and enjoying life.Not to find fault or embarrass someone because someone did not take time to resort spell checkers.

I’m sorry my comment came across as “difficult” to you but your post is difficult to read. I don’t know any 43 year old graduate degree men who spell and write the way you do. So I assumed you’re a teenager. Also, you wrote in your profile you are not looking for any type of relationship. Now you say you are here for a relationship. So which is it? Respect other posters and take the time to write clearer if you don’t want to be embarrassed or misunderstood.

I am not assuming or generalizing anything.I am just making a statement. Did I ever mention that all woman are same? Not only woman , all man are not same either.There are lot of good man and woman out there who are relationship, friendship or dating materials.Question is where are they? why the goodness of people is so difficult to shine or express.Why we are so reserved to express our true self ?

According to your title question it sounds like women are the same. You don’t specify what kind of women you are talking about. Again, my question is, when women and men list a variety of responses how is this going to help you if everyone is different?

By the way , you have totally Misunderstood me............I get laid more than enough.may be I want to date more woman and all walk of life since I Have that freedom now. My concern is How do I or man in general get woman attention regarding this matter,not poor advise from some one how to wave cash to get Hookers.That was a very poor , tasteless way to distort the main issue.

The reason I brought up hookers is because they also do not look for any type of relationship or commitment. What is so tasteless about that?
 Drawesome32
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/18/2012 5:28:04 PM
fleuron: youll be obsessed with my penis soon...
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:50:21 PM

Be a giant chocolate dildo that ejaculates money.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/18/2012 10:31:49 PM
sugarcoat: just because a girl happens to have headphones on when you see them, doesnt mean they are self absorbed. perhaps a new song came out and theyre into it? i like to read a lot and can pften be found doing so, this doesnt mean that im self absorbed, just means you caught me at a bad time. im sure women arent any different. now, someone who ALWAYS has headphones on or is reading, thats a little different. especially if their main reason for doing so is to avoid others.

fleuron: a man is only as good as his word. i dont make promises i cant keep.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 10:38:08 PM

I never met a woman with headphones not interested in talking with me. That's not really body language, since when is headphones part of your body.
So if a guy is wearing headphones he's not interested?

Um, yes. Wearing head phones is not particularly inviting to be approached. I worked for a subtitling company and even there when people wore headphones it was assumed they are busy and in the middle of something. The same with people who are reading, jogging, making no eye contact with you, having a conversation on the phone or in person with someone else. It’s common knowledge. I would never ask a jogger or someone who is engaged in any sort of conversation or activity to stop what they are doing so they can take my picture, ask for directions, or simply so I can pick them up. It is called manners and respect. It has nothing to do with the person being antisocial that you are trying to engage in.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/18/2012 11:09:16 PM
fleuron: you mean to tell me that you ladies arent put here for use as my own personal sex toys? if thats true, i dont want to live in such a world!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What is the best way to draw woman's attention