Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > sex toys and breakups      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gcdeb
Msg: 2
sex toys and breakupsPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Throw them out. If she wanted them back from you she would have asked by now.
 MV6000
Msg: 3
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 1:29:57 PM
I suggest returning them but it depends on how long ago did your relationship end.

If it ended years ago might as well just toss it out. If she never contacted you for them then she just doesn't care about them.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:02:32 PM
If you're still on friendly terms with your ex, then offer to return them. If she doesn't want them, then toss them.

The only insertibles I would consider keeping would be glass or steel as those can be completely sterilized... but generally speaking, any insertible used on someone should remain their property and only used on them. Also.. most people I know don't want to have those kind of things "recycled" and used on them if they were used on someone else.
 FireMon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:07:59 PM
There are a few companies that recycle toys--melt them down and repurpose them.

http://scarletgirl.com/article_info.php/articles_id/97

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/recycling/stories/how-to-dispose-of-8-odd-seemingly-difficult-to-recycle-items
 FireMon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:10:50 PM

an in future times please use bleach to clean everything off before using them or bringing them in with a new partner..

Please do not use bleach except on hard plastic or glass toys. There are disinfectants made specifically for this purpose because even soap can degrade the materials used in many toys, making them porous and likelier to pick up and keep icky things you don't want there.
 MsMicki
Msg: 9
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:20:58 PM
I would send her a message asking her if she wants them......
if she doesn't.......get rid of them.

No, I have no desire to have another woman's toys used on me.
Hell, I'm pretty picky about what I buy for myself because I only like certain ones....
Much rather we go to the "fun store" and get ones we both like.

......but I do want that Betty Boop in your pic!! :)
 c_deacon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:53:23 PM
Come on.....There are some that I have bought over the years for using on my partners and they on me, and each and every one I own, paid for, and disinfected properly, so why not use them again?

I once had a woman that was so anal about things like that, that she wanted me to throw away my expensive king size bed because other women were in it at one time..........I threw her away instead!!......go figure!

cd
 laskoboo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:57:40 PM
Toss em............

let the dumpster divers gather them and put them in the dishwasher and re-use
 laskoboo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 3:07:49 PM

Sex toys are a rather personal thing

sure are.
Like a toothbrush or underwear and some things you just do not recycle.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 13
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 3:35:17 PM
You stated, she bought them, therefore they are her property. The proper thing to do is to offer to return them, if she declines the offer, get rid of them or have them recycled if possible.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 14
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 3:58:50 PM
You should have used veggies,, a good meal afterwords,, and no worries having used toys laying around,, I'd Toss them,, but before I did that,, I call the ex up and say, your new girl didn't like them she would rather have me,,,, would like them back, LOL
 rdcnorm
Msg: 16
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 4:20:03 PM
Randal,, here is an idea for ya,, tie them on a rope,, then in the middle of the night,, tie other end on you ex"s ecars bumper,, the Wall-mart shoppers will enjoy them,, free great deal,, or her work might say,, wow,, we see a different side of her,,, ,,, all is fun,, I am having a good night,, my girl will be here this weekend,, no toys needed,,
 rdcnorm
Msg: 18
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 5:25:07 PM
I'm also trying to focus on the "not forgotten" pleasure that was shared.

That truly is your best course of action,,leave with love in your heart,, instead of hate,, like so many do,, good luck Bud,,
 MsMicki
Msg: 19
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 7:52:43 PM

she wanted me to throw away my expensive king size bed because other women were in it at one time..........

Now that's the kind of woman that gives the rest of us a bad name!!

I'm also trying to focus on the "not forgotten" pleasure that was shared. Damn, now I'm getting depressed.

Just one more reason we women folk wouldn't want to use your previous lover's toys.....
Like we really want you thinking about pleasure you shared with your ex while your using her toy on us
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 20
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/22/2012 7:49:46 AM
Once they are cleaned use condoms on them.if girls want. A couple of my old FWB used to each have vibes. One guy I wasn't sure would do a great job maybe so I used a condom on it. I use a condom on my vibe or dildo if it goes in my ass. Then he can take it off replace a penis in there & use vibe or dildo in p uss & its clean. Also some vibes are hard to clean.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 22
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/22/2012 10:08:48 AM

Addition to original post: I just remembered that I also have about 30 pair of sexy panties that she left behind. I can't wear them, they are size 5. I guess they could go on the tree with the toys. I wonder if a profile pic of me standing beside the tree would help or hinder my online dating experience?

OP.. you sure are a collector,, back in the day it was lamb skins,, they have to be crusty by now,, and i am not thinking beef jerky... time to clean out that closet,,,,,,,,,,,,,, make room a blow up doll,,,,,,stand next to her ,, lose the true too,,unless your getting a woodie,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
 milehiguy12
Msg: 23
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/22/2012 1:27:01 PM
I faced a similar dilemma years ago. I had a pretty extensive "toy box" that included every different toy I could find (I think of toys as sexual enhancements). My problem was dealing with the different reactions I would get whenever I pulled out the box. It went from OMG your not using that on me, to let's try that one. I eventually ended up with a toy starter kit and an advanced toy kit.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 25
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/22/2012 7:08:17 PM

Have a yard sale.

Have a sex toy party instead,, feel free to try them out on your spot,,
 no_1_bby
Msg: 26
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/23/2012 7:03:23 AM

Addition to original post: I just remembered that I also have about 30 pair of sexy panties that she left behind.

There are a lot of men that would pay good money for those. Flog 'em on CL... $20/pair. Could get more for them if they were.. um.. worn and came with pics of her in them. It's one way of making some pocket money to replace the old sex toys. Good luck!!
 2hotcougar
Msg: 29
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/23/2012 4:34:42 PM
hell when my got caught by his ex wife he got all the toys
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 32
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/23/2012 10:26:05 PM
You all can send them to me. Im sadly not working at the moment so im stuck w one mostly useless vibe & a dildo. I need more but for some reason the guy im w wont buy me any. So I'd love to get some boxes in the mail. Tho I might get wet seeing a UPS truck in the future. :)
 davysan
Msg: 35
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/24/2012 10:24:04 PM
a rag with some clorox..some vibrators(most)will not work anymore after the dishwasher..don't throw them away..just use them with someone else
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 36
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/25/2012 2:30:14 AM
Please drop them off in the "Food Lion" produce department.....so maybe I can eat a salad that hasn't previously been up somebodies azz.
 aussieblues
Msg: 38
view profile
History
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/26/2012 2:04:03 AM
Superglue, spraypaint, political sloans and voila..your sextoys are now ART!
My ex wants his dildo back..its a running joke ;-0
 ScientificExperiment
Msg: 39
sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/26/2012 4:31:30 PM
Ewwwww. Note to self: Never ever trust that guy says he just bought it for you! I would NE VER use toys that were used by a previous woman. Gross. A dishwasher could cause issues. IE electrical. Bleach, who knows what bleaching or other chemicals would do. Chemicals leaching out, causing irritation. There are cleaners jut for toys but still. I trust it with my own personal use but not someone else. I would only use toys that I personally purchased. There are enough issues with penis use lol Condoms are great but I just wouldn't be able to use a used toy.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > sex toys and breakups