Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 'YOLO'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 windchymes
Msg: 2
view profile
History
'YOLO'Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What's a YOLO type? First time I've heard it, lol.
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/21/2012 6:57:18 PM
Then don't date or hang around with those types of people. It's nothing new, your generation is no different, young people simply don't have the maturity yet to not act like kids. They are normal, you have a different way to live, leave them alone and they won't be bothering you.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 7
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/21/2012 9:00:22 PM

It seems all to common in young people now

what are ya, 19 going on 70? :)
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/22/2012 2:13:49 AM

what are ya, 19 going on 70? :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^
You dont have to drink until you puke to have fun or drink at all, but let loose and have a bit of wild abandon..Life will bite you soon enough.

You do not want that urge to hit you at 30-40 or 50 and act stupid..
You have an excuse to dance in fountains at 1 am NOW. Youth.

You get that op again in another 35 years after a career if lucky
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 10
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/22/2012 3:53:07 AM
I have heard of it, the joys of having children and having a facebook, lol.

I have drilled it into my kids heads that if I ever hear the words "yolo" come out of their mouth, they will lose all of their priveleges and luxuries! Dont live as if you are going to die next week. Live as if every decision you make is going to be with you for the next 50 years.

Not that I have not done my own version of "yolo" in my lifetime, I just dont tell them that ;)
Been there, done it, got the t-short, lived with the aftermath.
I must maintain my Martha Stewart (sans jail time) image in my household though.
NO FREAKING YOLO IS GOING ON IN MY HOUSE AND FAMILY DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 11
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/22/2012 4:48:07 AM
More and more young people/people my age are getting worse and worse, day by day, sleeping with anyone, constantly drinking, abusing drugs, all because they live by a philosophy of 'You Only Live One'... Basically, I'm young, so I'll act irresponsibly and mess up my life.

This is proof that they do not teach recent history in schools.

OP, the 60's and 70's you really should look them up.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 12
view profile
History
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/22/2012 4:52:53 AM
The only thing that changes from one generation to the next, are the catch phrases and cover stories. Human behavior remains human behavior.

When I was a kid, we pretended we were like that because Atomic War loomed as a near certainty in our lives every day. It made us feel righteously deep, dark, and romantically star-crossed, as we drank too much, made fools of ourselves, had sex when we shouldn't have, and generally made a mess of things.

Just take it in stride, and do your best to enjoy your own version of life, and try not to make your own happiness about things dependent upon pleasing those others who don't think you are "YOLO" enough.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 13
view profile
History
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/22/2012 6:52:59 AM
OP --

I know this might seem hard to believe at your age -- but there ARE some young people out there with decent morals and your kind of beliefs.

The best place to find them, however, would NOT be by meeting them in bars or clubs.

Try meetup.com, or joining groups designed for people with interests similar to your own. Best of luck!! I know you can do better.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 14
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/22/2012 8:38:09 AM
'YOLO' ... ? Not according to James Bond. If you dislike this type of people and behavior as much as you claim, the solution is simple: Avoid them and it. Why make things so difficult for yourself? You do, you know, have the powers of independent thought and action. Use them to seek the things you like. Life isn't as difficult as you think.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 16
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/22/2012 11:07:50 AM
@peppermint, i meant that particular phrase. :)
because yes, I absolutely agree with you. I've never been a party type/club goer myself. Hence that tired cliche phrase "I'm tired of the club scene" in so many profiles would be a lie, as i never was into it :)
 femaleconnection
Msg: 17
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/22/2012 1:58:53 PM
Your perception of others, is more a reflection of who you are.

Stop hanging around people you dont enjoy-plain and simple.

And stop judging others...you are not a god, you are not prefect and Im sure someone can look at a choice you have made and turn thier nose up at it. Just worry about your own self and try to find like minded people.
 DiamondMan32
Msg: 18
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/22/2012 2:01:46 PM
I used to be like OP. And I am still like him.

Kudos to you bro if you could keep that up. Don't give in to the peer pressure.

There is no fun in drinking or being a drug addict or being high on weed all the time!!!
 Bishopboat
Msg: 19
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/23/2012 1:34:07 AM
Most people are helpless and worthless, YOLO or no YOLO. hahahahaha

YOLO: You Obviously Like Owls
 billingsmason
Msg: 20
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/24/2012 10:15:11 AM
Femaleconnection hit man- wtfaytj?

Lighten up.... other people's opinions are none of our business.
Faith in humanity? wow

carpe aestus
 Molly Maude
Msg: 21
view profile
History
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/24/2012 2:44:06 PM
I'm smiling ... again, the most recent generation thinks they've invented what every previous
generation before them "invented" ... the cavemen were probably split between those who
wanted to live for the moment and those who wanted to stockpile nuts and other foodstuffs
for the next day ... and each of those groups scored the other, looking down on them!!!

Andrew Marvell (1621-1678) wrote about this very topic in several poems, "To His Coy
Mistress," for example ... Robert Herrick (1591-1674) wrote about the same thing ... "To
The Virgins, To Make Much of Time," for example ... which begins,

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today
Tomorrow will be dying."

study, study, study ... the more you learn of the world, the more you'll understand about
yourself ...
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 23
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/24/2012 3:53:53 PM
YOLO is carpe diem for stupid people.
 Stagles87
Msg: 24
view profile
History
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/26/2012 7:27:59 PM
I absolutely hate the phrase however because people choose to live there lives differently to you doesn't instantly make them bad people that you should hate.

I spend a lot of my time in pubs. I don't go to the pub with the intention of getting smashed, I go to the pub to have a good time and a laugh with my friends. Pubs are great and convenient places to have large social gatherings. I work form home so enjoy getting out of the house. I enjoy playing darts, pool, poker, quiz nights all of which are done in pubs.

If someone has fun doing something then why shouldn't they do it? I fail to understand how many people can spend their nights at home, watching soaps and going to bed at 10 every day. Doesn't mean I hate the kind of people that do.
 brisco414
Msg: 25
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/26/2012 9:16:02 PM
Well now I've learned something new. I've never heard of the term "YOLO" until reading this post. Interesting.
 ironmonkey13
Msg: 26
'YOLO'
Posted: 8/27/2012 1:34:26 AM
Just out of curiousity....and this is going to sound worse then it really is but, who are you to judge people who go out for drinks on weekends? Smoke the occasional joint? Love to go to parties? Who the Hell uses the term YOLO? building a social network outside of the net, connecting with people in real life is still a more valuable way to make contacts. What better way to do it then to go to occasional parties, or drinks on weekends and meet new people? You need to get out there and develop some real life social skills if you ever want to become successful when you get older.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 'YOLO'