Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > User Messaged me But I cannot block them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RedCapSue
Msg: 1
User Messaged me But I cannot block themPage 1 of 1    
I had a user message me but the "Block User" button is not displayed for me to use. I did a search and found an old thread on the matter but it wasn't really resolved in that thread. Any ideas?

Red
 Holly63
Msg: 2
User Messaged me But I cannot block them
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:05:29 PM
When someone messages you and you read their message, directly on the right, (next to the empty text box, ) in blue script it says Block User. Click on that. xx
 RedCapSue
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/22/2012 4:34:23 AM
Yes to the link. Is that a known bug?
 vegangoddess
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 11:00:38 AM
I have no links from users & there is no block button. What's happening? Why can't anyone be blocked?
 vegangoddess
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 11:02:44 AM
Ok. I figured it out.

FIRST, you have to click where it says: View More Messages.

AFTER, you click that another screen appears & you get an option to block the user.

Wonder why it's so hidden since clearly no one is going to know to click the 1st link just to get to a link that lets you block someone.

Oh well.
 vegangoddess
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 11:21:04 AM
Last update: The button is there but it doesn't work. Even though the message I got was today, when I click on block user the system thinks there are no messages between us w/in the last 29 days. I think this is happening because I have to click on the other button first which brings me to the 2nd screen where I now click on block user, but since the person's email is no longer displayed on this 2nd screen, the block user feature doesn't work.

Perhaps Marcus can fix this.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/31/2012 3:36:41 PM
Unless he has sent you a message to your inbox, you can't block him.

That seems to have changed. I have found that if I send a first contact message I can block the person by clicking Block User in the new conversation that will be created. I have to go through Contact History from my Inbox page to get to the message with the block link. Though I personally don't really have a need for this ability, those who have someone who will not stop putting them back on their Favorites might have a use for it.

This seems to work with all contacts, even old ones with empty conversations, as long as you access your Contact History with the link on your Inbox page. So far, I have not found working Block User links through Sent Messages or Favorites.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > User Messaged me But I cannot block them