Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > No Ketchup      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 morgain22
Msg: 2
No KetchupPage 1 of 1    
That's good! Cute. Funny. And other than the fight scene, so believable! And in a way, so sad. There are so many people out there who go through life with blinders on. Don't ever throw them a curve-ball, it just causes confusion.

At the beginning of your story, you said you've been "having one of those months". Let's hear another excerpt. Laughter is good!
 carlylyn
Msg: 3
No Ketchup
Posted: 9/8/2012 12:38:30 PM
This is excellent! You have all the essentials of a story ready for publication with a few corrections.
This work shows emotion, humor and is an exaggerated way of showing absuridy to the final degree. You certainly made the point.

I would change and check the spelling and the paragraph/sentence breaks.
For instance:

YOU----Clerk: "Will that be all? Would you like to try one of our new milk shakes? They are quite good."
ME----Clerk: "Will that be all? Would you like to try one of our new milk shakes? They're quite good."

Me: "Didnt I just order one?"
Clerk [looks down at register]: "Oh yes, yes you did! How about some delisious Faux Chicken McNuggets? They are quite good." HERE AGAIN : THE CADENCE NEEDS TO MATCH (not shouting, just wanted it to stand out)
Me: "No thanks, just what ya got."
Clerk: "You know our Milk Shakes are out of this world! Sure you dont want to try one?"

some delisious Faux Chicken McNuggets---delicious

Just that kind of thing....

Between the thought lines, skip a line for deliniation of character and for easier readability.

I would love to see more of your work....
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > No Ketchup