Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Haven't got a reply in some time, your thoughts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Andypitt23
Msg: 1
Haven't got a reply in some time, your thoughts?Page 1 of 1    
Haven't been getting replays from really anyone for a while now.. i'm concerned and would like to evaluate my messaging skills so that i could take things to the next level. would love some advice from some "friendly" females.. or whoever really.

examples of my first message.
1) Hey, how are you I'm Andy your profile seems cool, how long have you been doing so an so?

2)Yo, whats up, I'm Andy, you seem nice, determined, an a fun person. I see your a manager, thats cool, do you go to school around pittsburgh?

3)Hey how are you? pretty cool that your brazilians, so english is your second language? if so that pretty cool how long have you been livivng in pittsburgh

also please take into account, my profile and that I'm only messaging women around the ages of 22-27

Thanks.
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Haven't got a reply in some time, your thoughts?
Posted: 8/27/2012 9:35:58 AM
grammar is your friend...

if those are exact examples of notes you sent... they aren't easy to read...

your - possessive
you're - you are ( pretty cool that you're Brazilian) (I see you're a manager)

remember the d on and... ( you seem nice, determined, and fun)

also... you are young and good looking.... get off the internet and meet women in real life... I am sure that women would come up to you in the real world...
 Andypitt23
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/27/2012 9:45:38 AM
interesting interesting, this is a good, please keep it coming
 pinkkpeony
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/27/2012 9:46:47 AM
How about: Hi, I like that you are x because I think y, what are your thoughts on z. That way you are revealing a bit of your personality. Your questions sound like interview type of talk. Try not to say this or that is cool, instead say I think such and such is cool because, again reveal a bit of you.
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 10:04:56 AM
LMAO@Cawk... I was thinking the same thing... good looking kid... wonder if he has a good looking single dad....
 Iona_Bob
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/27/2012 10:05:03 AM

also please take into account, my profile and that I'm only messaging women around the ages of 22-27

Your messages sound more like they're geared toward 12 to 14 year olds.
 laskoboo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 10:23:28 AM
cool...
ha... every response has "cool"
maybe learn some new words ?
 Portlanderr
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/27/2012 10:36:02 AM
"Hey" or "Yo" or "What's up" . . . lose those words/phrases when you write to someone. You are on the right track, pick a subject or interest the woman has, maybe write a little bit more about it.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:51:32 PM
Your messages seem like they are from a child. Try adult speak. You mention Nigeria in you profile and that is the home of scammers so some might not message you because of that.
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/27/2012 3:36:48 PM
A very good looking man but you message the women like you are talking to your buds. Yo what's up needs to be dropped from your messages. You say in your profile you want a girl with a good head on her shoulders so try writing in a more guy with a good head on his shoulders way. You also don't have a car which is a strike against you. Try also just one question and not several in the first e-mail so she doesn't feel like this is an interrogation
 RyanReed
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/27/2012 3:39:32 PM
You have to completely throw out all your canned messages and start from scratch with every woman.

Every woman is unique, and so should the message. Logic, baby!

---

I will agree with your next thought, which is, "Most of these women are all the same and don't have anything unique or interesting to offer."

Two big reasons why women are on dating websites:

They are too busy to meet a great guy. <-- Go for these.

They have too much free time. <---not these.
 Andypitt23
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/27/2012 4:14:35 PM
this has been great. very interesting, and I really appreciate the comments
 Andypitt23
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/27/2012 8:30:03 PM
This Threads is closed...
 lad3da
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/27/2012 9:36:04 PM
Yup to all of the above.
Spelling/grammar ... and space apart your profiles paragraph.
Try to be yourself through your messages, construct them to fit the specific woman you are contacting, add some depth, some spunk, some you.
 marcemarckdj
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2012 3:35:05 PM
Wow!!! I really didn't realize that the "Queens'' English was a necessary thing to get a date. We are all on here looking for the same thing. Love and romance. The question I have for all of you women here that have commented on 'proper grammar' as being important is; (also correct punctuation), 'How many of you are on this chat site, or that chat site, and don't use chat abbreviations? I really think it is shallow and demeaning to think that a person is uneducated or a loser, just because he/she uses chat spelling in their communications on this site. Try reading the total content of what the person is attempting to say. Some of us just don't like bragging, and would much rather let the first date be the 'meeting of the minds' and see where that leads.
 marcemarckdj
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2012 3:39:10 PM
BTW, it woulda took 1/2 the space in chat lingo
 marcemarckdj
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2012 3:40:49 PM
LMAO, does that make me bi-lingual??????
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Haven't got a reply in some time, your thoughts?