Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girlfriend Cheated on me What do I do      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 block2001
Msg: 1
Girlfriend Cheated on me What do I doPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So basically it is just as the subject says my girlfriend of 2 years cheated on me twice within 7 months with the same person and the worse part is she cheated on me with a girl!!! what the hell should I do?
 andy1961
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Girlfriend Cheated on me What do I do
Posted: 8/28/2012 11:27:06 PM

Why would you be worrying about it - you've been on here for just over two years looking for a woman to have an intimate encounter with.

She must have known you were on here, eh?

Or maybe you didn't tell her that...
 block2001
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/28/2012 11:33:47 PM
you raise a good point that I do have this account howver I have not used this account in the 2 years we have been together other than reading through the forums and she did know about this account cause I try not to hide shit at all.
 gcdeb
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:09:28 AM

my girlfriend of 2 years cheated on me twice within 7 months with the same person and the worse part is she cheated on me with a girl!!! what the hell should I do?
Decide whether it's acceptable to you and if it is - do nothing. If it's not - break up with her.

It's not a hard question.
 block2001
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:30:38 AM
it isnt that hard a question until you input the xfactor...love, now it becomes an intense struggle of i love her but she betrayed me and I couldnt bear the thought of letting her go but then again wheres the trust in this relationship...grah my head hurts
 gcdeb
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/29/2012 1:13:09 AM
I assume you fell in love with a woman who you believed wouldn't cheat on you? She has. She isn't that person you thought you loved.

Even if you do still love her (and you seem to believe you do), without trust your life will be miserable.

Do you really want to wonder what she is up to every time she is not with you? Do you really want to be with someone who has so little respect for you that she has cheated on you TWICE. Believe me, unless she makes a commitment to not cheat, her behaviour will not improve. You are giving her permission by forgiving it for a second time.

It doesn't sound to me like you really want advice. It sounds like you want someone to tell you to give her another chance. Go ahead and do that if you want to. The worst that can happen is that she will do it again.

You will find that you put barriers up so that it hurts less each time.
 casandra67
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/29/2012 3:13:57 AM
hahaa good catch Andy1961
 rdcnorm
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/29/2012 6:03:25 AM
OP, I am not you, nor do I know why she cheating on you,,I would say though something was missing between you two. that is just a guess,

If it were me, and I loved a woman, I would first ask myself was I part of the reason for her cheating,,( I am not suggesting she was right to do so) but what do I think, is wrong with our relationship. Then I would approach my girl with some incite, and ask to talk about why she was cheating,, If her answers are acceptable to you,, forgiveness works and you two can move forward,, if not you walk away,,but either way you will have answers,,
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/29/2012 6:59:42 AM

what the hell should I do?

Walk.
All trust is gone.
If there is no trust then there is no relationship.

Simple ... no?
 femaleconnection
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/29/2012 7:14:09 AM
Love alone should not be the deciding factor here...what good is loving someone who cheats on you?
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/29/2012 9:34:26 AM

Go **** all her bestfriends.

classic !!!
 TantricJedi
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:04:38 PM
Take pictures.
 justlookingGTP
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:23:34 PM
You can care about her and love her, but you need to love yourself more.
 _Full_of_Awesome_
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/29/2012 1:08:58 PM

So basically it is just as the subject says my girlfriend of 2 years cheated on me twice within 7 months with the same person and the worse part is she cheated on me with a girl!!! what the hell should I do?

Threesome. :-)
 aussieblues
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2012 8:21:11 PM
Was the other woman appealing to you sexually? I'd be suggesting a threesome.
 gcdeb
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/29/2012 8:32:17 PM
I'm impressed. This thread lasted a long time before someone made the rather obvious 'threesome' suggestion :)

(Not insulting those that made the suggestion - I just thought it would have been in one of the first few replies.)
 rod1919us
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 2:28:01 AM

Ok...since you're looking for an IE, OP I don't know why you wouldn't be trying to get in there with them.
Tell me you never thought about that as an option.

I was thinkin' the exact same thing. It wouldn't make me no difference as long as I was gettin' my daily dose of cutty syrup. Now a dude, that's another thing...to me at least.
 AirForceQ8
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/30/2012 2:34:33 AM
Look at the bright side, she cheated with you with another girl. Assuming your heterosexual, it should be good news to you that you and her enjoy the same things.
 tonystuart
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 7:10:08 AM
my wife cheated on me after 22yrs i showed her where to find the front door even tho she took me son im the losser but im also the winner she wont do this again to me but she will to him soon so dont worry go look for some one else i am
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/30/2012 8:06:54 AM
Get a s*x change operation and become one of us or.....go sleep with a man.
Honestly this is not rocket science.
You have had two/three year's to edit your profile and have not done so? Really?

what the hell should I do?
...Edit your profile for starter's.
 ladyc4
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/30/2012 11:19:58 AM
Op
First, let me say I am truly sorry for your pain and confusion.
But the bottom line of "What do I do?" is "what do YOU WANT to do?"( no, you are not being given permission to inflict violence on anyone. I THINK you understood that but I felt it was wiser to make that stipulation.)

My opinion is that she explored a bi-curious impulse.But perhaps to you that is even worse than standard cheating.

You are going to have to go to a place of as much emotional quietude as possible, and reach your own decision as to what you want to do. I do not discount anything anyone else has said, all have broght forward good points, but at the end of the day what you have to do is follow your own feelings and instincts.

I personally ABHOR infidelity of any kind, but I cannot honestly tell you what I would do because that is impossible to say unless one has actually BEEN there...and that's an experience I've been fortunate enough to miss out on(thus far).

I agree...the trust has been seriously damaged here, but you must have a deep caring for your girlfriend or you wouldn't be here asking other people what to do-you'd simply dump her, end of story.
Look, even if you make the WRONG decision, the world ain't gonna stop turning.
Should you form a serious committment with the lady, bring some children into the world and then find out she has continued to cheat or that she has decided to pursue same-sex relationships, it's gonna be rough on everybody. But it still won't be the end of the world.
You may have to do some soul-searching here, and that is the only advice I have for you.
Whatever happens I wish both of you the best and I hope you both find happiness in whatever form makes the most sense to both of you.
Cindy O
 block2001
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/30/2012 12:00:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies I really appreciate it.

Lemme clear a couple things first:
1.Yes I do have a POF account however like I said before it was made 3 years ago which means 1 year before we started dating so for the past 2 years this account has been inactive, I came back on here recently because A)if this relationship didn't work out I remembered I had this to do some fishing and B)I knew that the forums here were here to help people like myself.
2.To everyone who says "join in and get some"first of all not every man out there fantasizes about their girl getting it on with another chick and even so it has nothing to do with whether it is a guy or girl it is the principle, the trust and faithfulness in the relationship.

Anyways thanks to some of you guys and the counsel of others I have decided to put an end to our relationship...probably the hardest thing I've had do do but it had to be done. I did leave the option for us to get back together in the future, at least this way I have no regrets and if she is the one she will come back and if not then like ladyc4 said
the world ain't gonna stop turning
but thanks a lot guys you have really helped me out here.
 6841omon
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 5:16:47 PM
Get you another relationship or if its that important to you find out what the problem is.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/30/2012 5:49:31 PM
Get a better ****. Your not man enough for her, in every sense if the word. She's curious and digs **** now. Leave it alone, if you care so much. Or find a way to spin it so you all win.
 Online_dating_blows
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 8:19:44 PM
simple guy there is two things you can do, you can either tuck your****and balls into your somach and try and be her ultimate fantasy or you can dump the ho, I think you should go with option two
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girlfriend Cheated on me What do I do