Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > when is it time to have the exclusitivity talk with her?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rolnhvychevy71
Msg: 1
when is it time to have the exclusitivity talk with her?Page 1 of 1    
been dateing this awsume girl for about 4 months i take her out on weekends and chat during the week , we have touched base on the exclusiveness talk she says yea theres pros and cons with eclusivness, i understand she was in a relationship with someone for 5 years and he passed away about two years ago i to was with someone for 4 years who passed away but it was like 6 years ago so i know its hard , she still has photos of him and her up on her walls and im totaly ok with that i understand , i just dont want to ask to be exclusive and then have her run away on me or rush anything but latly when i text her it takes like 2 hours for her to respond no big deal its just the text seem so short and not responsive like it use to be, what to do?
 irish_smackie
Msg: 2
when is it time to have the exclusitivity talk with her?
Posted: 9/1/2012 8:35:43 AM
I think when the idea of her seeing someone else provokes anxiety, it's time to have the talk, and until then, you should assume she is still (potentially) dating other men. Regardless as to whether or not there are any guarantees, she has no moral obligation to you without an agreement.
 TantricJedi
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/1/2012 9:04:36 AM
You're doing all the work. Back off and let her drive the relationship for awhile. Easy to say, but not fair that she's evasive on the issue. She knows you want exclusivity. Sounds bad IMO. I think you need to draw a line in the sand. You shouldn't have to feel needy or possessive. She digs you or she doesn't. Shit or get off the pot.

Jeez, with that type of behavior, does she actually expect you to have enough confidence to offer a ring later? I'd be hurt and offended at the gamesmanship going on.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/22/2012 12:41:42 PM
If she still has photos of her ex on her walls, she's not ready to move on.
 zurichdublin188
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/23/2012 11:33:55 PM
You've been with her for 4 months and she hasn't even mentioned exclusivity?

...I am not even going to say anything more...
Show ALL Forums  > California  > when is it time to have the exclusitivity talk with her?