Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > POP UPS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thesis79
Msg: 1
view profile
History
POP UPSPage 1 of 1    
Ive been on here for a while now and I like the site. but recently I started getting pop ups on this site no matter what I click. Im soooo annoyed with this. Ive tried a scan for my whole computer and it came out ok and fine. It just happens with this site only. I tried emailing the POF people. Is anyone else getting these really annoying pop ups?
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 2
POP UPS
Posted: 9/2/2012 1:58:18 PM
Do you mean advertisements?
 Thesis79
Msg: 3
view profile
History
POP UPS
Posted: 9/2/2012 3:37:42 PM
for various sites and products etc like ziinga thats a major one
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 4
POP UPS
Posted: 9/2/2012 4:00:01 PM
I use Firefox and implemented an ad blocker. I never see ads at all.
 Thesis79
Msg: 5
view profile
History
POP UPS
Posted: 9/2/2012 4:01:34 PM
How do I change browsers? Im currently using internet explorer
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 6
POP UPS
Posted: 9/2/2012 6:06:06 PM
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Download the latest version.

Look further down the same page and search for, ad blocker. Download and implement.

Good luck!
 Thesis79
Msg: 7
view profile
History
POP UPS
Posted: 9/2/2012 6:20:29 PM
now I have the internet explorer pop blocker settings on high and theres no pop ups BUT I cant use the chat feature on this site. which is a lot easier to use then messaging back and forth. And if I click temperary it allows me to chat but the pop ups return.

Now if I install that browser do I have to delete the internet explorer one or can I keep it?

I went to the link you gave me and nothing happened how come?
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
POP UPS
Posted: 9/3/2012 11:42:24 AM
If remembered correctly after having switched to what I believe is a much better browser than Internet Explorer... there might be a mention that the high setting is suppose to block every type of pop up which also would means the chat features. Although I'm not avid with Firefox or even Chrome... they actually do far better as recommended by most people... just never had any problems with mine for over ten years given plenty of awesome customizations... like detecting which tab, by flashing an exclamation mark, is suppose to play a video or audio right away, but now has it that they will only load and start only when given my permission... which may even include browsing in a "text only mode" for which you can click on the placeholder links it made to view specific images that can be far less taxing on our CPU or use of bandwidth.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > POP UPS