Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > 50 shades female vs male perspective      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 irish_smackie
Msg: 2
50 shades female vs male perspectivePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I read the first one, and hated it. ("oh my!") lol

I don't think there will be a consensus on female perspectives...
 JustMary65
Msg: 4
50 shades female vs male perspective
Posted: 9/2/2012 8:23:47 PM
OP-

Just began reading the first book....it's okay, but nothing it was hyped to be.

Some men and women are driven by lust.....and where it takes them is anyone's guess. Sex is sex...love is love...and women and men view these things as differently as each person is unique.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/2/2012 9:39:05 PM
She also writes fan fiction, most notable the twilight saga, which ultimately became the said book, enough said,lol ...
 daynadaze
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2012 11:06:13 PM
Men and women are as much alike & different than men are to other men and women are to other women. We can find similarities and difference between any two things if we try hard enough, but that doesn't make something a fact. Look how many people look totally different from each other and yet, if you start picking them apart, you can find things that are alike.

I don't know about the book, it's not something I would read.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/3/2012 12:10:55 AM
fkn_edgy: good stuff man. you definitely didnt pull any punches on that post, but i agree with you, 100%. the romance novels that women read these days are more fantasy than star wars. problem is, theyre starting to expect that garbage in real life. at least i dont try to use jedi mind tricks on people.
 aussieblues
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 12:44:29 AM
Help me, my eyes are bleeding........
 daffie
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 1:00:33 AM
i really don't quite understand all the hype.

i didn't mind the "light" read,
but there's nothing in those pages i haven't either seen or done myself!...
 irish_smackie
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/3/2012 7:34:07 AM

i'd be embarrassed to admit i had read that crap; anyone else who has should be too.

I am. :-(

But to make myself feel less pathetic, I have to point out that at least I didn't buy it; it was given to me. After all the hype, I kept reading, waiting to be shocked, impressed, or even aroused. Instead, I was bored. :-/
 laskoboo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 10:01:18 AM
I have no interest in that book.. something tells me its a bunch of crap and
I trust my feelings.
 Casper66
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 4:53:02 PM
It a glorified Harlequen romance novel from what I've heard, got the details from some friends about the books, most thought it was ok but overhyped, not something I'd going to bother to read. There is nothing wrong with a romance novel, it's fiction, but then I've found the men I know who know how to romance their ladies seem to have better success with women.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/3/2012 5:33:53 PM
I haven't read any and don't plan to. From what I understand from the interviews I've seen it's about fantasy. I believe that fantasy plays a part in the human experience, whether it's an erotic or any type of fantasy. I also think that most fantasties should stay just that, acting out on them tends to be disappointing as the fantasy rarely ever lives up to the reality. I think they should be separate, but people should have both and keep them separate. I also think fantasties should be kept totally private, male or female.
 vestaceres
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/4/2012 5:01:52 AM
The books were a troll off of Twilight crap, I believe. Don't base real human relationships on her offensive fiction.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > 50 shades female vs male perspective