Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Deleted email recovery      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IsPOFforREAL
Msg: 1
Deleted email recoveryPage 1 of 1    
I was sent (_TDP_) a message from "katethegreat" less than an hour ago which contained her phone number. Before I wrote it down she deleted her account and the email vanished. Is there any way I could get a copy of that message so I have her number?

Thanks
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Deleted email recovery
Posted: 9/4/2012 10:05:29 PM
try browser cache, otherwise no chance...
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 3
Deleted email recovery
Posted: 9/5/2012 4:29:55 AM
If you perform a search on that user name, nothing comes up. This only happens if the account has been removed by POF or if the account has been hidden by the profile owner.

Hiding the account would NOT affect messages sent or received so that possibility can be eliminated. If she had deleted her account, a record would be found following the user name search and the information that 'user deleted account' would be shown. Plus the messages she had sent including the one which provided her telephone number would have remained in your Inbox. So, we know that she didn't delete her account so that possibility can be eliminated too.

As her account is not here anymore and her messages have been deleted, the only remaining explanation is that POF deleted her account. That normally happens to scammers, spammers etc so I would try and bear that in mind and consider that you might have had a lucky escape.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Deleted email recovery