Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Benefit of the doubt?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Benefit of the doubt?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
its easy to sit here and speculate, but i do wonder why HE didnt message you first, ?
 terminal-velocity
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Benefit of the doubt?
Posted: 9/7/2012 3:17:06 PM
i hope the chocolate fondant thingy makes up for the bad night! you know there could be lots of reasons why he didnt turn up. he could have felt anxious about going to your house, thoughts about his dead wife, guilt for his child, loads of things, but i think that it was cowardly of him to text you and not phone. if this was really a matter of a failed babysitter he would have wanted to rearrange and would have been gutted himself. so there is something else awry. good luck, and maybe eat that extra fondant thing now, and have some more wine.
 try1more
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Benefit of the doubt?
Posted: 9/7/2012 3:22:14 PM
there's two possibilities here i think.

having read your posts i think you likely pushed for too much too soon and scared him off.

he sent you a txt to say he couldn't make it as he had been let down by a babysitter, i guess it never occured to you that it may be true.

so now you're blaming "him" for "your" enthusiasm.
the only thing in doubt here is whether or not you'll learn not to rush ahead in the future.
whats most significant is, how quickly you posted this thread on the forum.
 try1more
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Benefit of the doubt?
Posted: 9/7/2012 3:59:13 PM
sorry to point the finger if was not deserved but i've known women (and men) that after a chat over a drink think they have a relationship or something like that.
then get very upset when they find out they haven't.

you wanted advice, dont raise your expectations too soon.
sorry but you girls are mugs for the sweet talk, must say it's understandable though, make a nice change to have some nice things said to you.

i know of guys that have been taken by much the same from girls if it's any consolation, but i doubt that helps any.
try to stay positive, not everyone is like that x
 Chuzz16
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Benefit of the doubt?
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:41:04 AM
I would have offered to take the food to his place and cook it there.
Wonder what he would have said to that?
 ir82
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Benefit of the doubt?
Posted: 9/12/2012 3:59:51 AM
Perhaps a moral of the story is, never put too much effort into a first meet!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Benefit of the doubt?