Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Priortise these in order of importance for a man 1] Confidence, 2] Ch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Priortise these in order of importance for a man 1] Confidence, 2] Charm or 3] FriendshipPage 1 of 1    
4) be yourself and see it that works... there shouldn't be a game plan to try at something when meeting someone... just be who you are... the person you are around your friends and family.... I have never met a man that could keep up a facade that he created to catch someones attention....
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Priortise these in order of importance for a man 1] Confidence, 2] Charm or 3] Friendship
Posted: 9/8/2012 1:56:54 PM
too friendly only friend zones you if you are that way with other women while we are on a date....

there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance... arrogant gets called an @ss.... confident does not....

charming is rarely creepy.... unless it is fake and comes from a place of looking to get something from it....
 TD625
Msg: 5
Priortise these in order of importance for a man 1] Confidence, 2] Charm or 3] Friendship
Posted: 9/8/2012 2:04:02 PM
Seriously stop trying so hard. Here is a list of qualities that I like best in a man. I'm not saying every guy has everyone but these are a few of my top and not necessarily in this exact order. I'm willing to bet most woman are looking for a few of these qualities as well. Do you have any of these?

1. Integrity
2. Intelligence
3.Honesty
4.Sense of humor
5.Ambition
6.Faithfulness
7. Sensuality (to me)
8. Confidence

You may have noticed not one mention of money, things being bought for me or taking me anywhere. Those things aren't things that I can measure a mans worth by.
 Janet_Always
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/8/2012 2:14:55 PM

Please try to keep away from you need to have a little of all of those, prioritising might be be best for all us shmucks on here.

I don't understand the need to prioritize?

Can you only be charming without trying to be confident or friendly?

I think you got a problem if that's the case.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:31:39 PM
This isn't about most important traits - we all have traits which we look for that are equally important. Those traits which are important will vary from person to person but we look for the whole package. If we seek honesty, integrity and a sense of humor, it isn't a case of one being more important than the other but a case of all of them being important. Traits are either important or they aren't. It's far simpler than you are making it.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2012 3:51:21 PM
Some women like it rough, some women are all about tenderness, some women want comittment, some women want freedom, some women want partnership, some women want dependence, some women like to knock boots, some women prefer to get eaten alive, some women like it all...All women have a capacity for individuality. Focus on a woman, not a gender.
 darkfairycreature
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/8/2012 4:03:48 PM
Far out, relax!!!
I couldn't agree more with the person who said no game planning! Game plan??? Maybe there's your problem - women can smell a player miles away, and if you're not having any luck maybe it's because you aren't relaxed and being yourself. We're not stupid, stop trying to con us with your 'tactics'
 Dolphina
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/8/2012 4:32:54 PM
A confident person is him/herself always. He/she doesn't pretend to be anything. He doesn't try "exuding confidence" (good luck with trying to exude anything, except trying too hard to please). By the way, a man's man doesn't attract women - he attracts men, thus the expression "man's man"!
Pretending to be a gentleman, without a practice of a lifetime, just looks like a mantle worn without practice: phony.
Trying to be best mates, is trying (in both senses of the word [lol]) without actually getting to know the other person. Being best mates is actually being genuine. It is a contradiction in terms to try to be genuine.
So, be yourself.
I also should point out that attempting to be someone you are not is really hard to maintain and anything you've tried to adopt to impress will come unstuck over time. The woman in question will see through all that pretense very soon.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/8/2012 4:48:56 PM
The problem with not being yourself would be that down the road, when you reveal who you really are, the person that is spending time with you is going to be one of those complaining "he was different when we met." And you know what? They'd have the right to complain. It is always best to be yourself so that you are liked for you and not for a persona that you cannot maintain.
 CharminC
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/8/2012 6:14:00 PM

None of those things matter if the person does not find you physically attractive, you will not become a love interest.

Zing Zing ... we have a winner!

I thought OP was a youngun too.
Kinda old to not to know how to be yourself aren't cha??
 jblack2000
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/9/2012 6:59:08 AM
OP, are you taller than this lady?

#1 thing is height

If you're shorter than her, those other three things go out the window

Some of the other ladies will say, "oh it doesn't matter", or "I'm short, so every man is taller than me!"

Oh yeah? If you're so short, will you still date a guy your same height, or an inch shorter?

.......didn't think so
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/9/2012 2:08:17 PM
Woman's priority list when looking at a profile; (not always, but generally the sequence)
1) Age
2) Height
3) Photos/Body shape
4) Profession - how long/how much
5) Personality - Optimist/Confidence/etc...
6) Family situation

Please note; 'Being Yourself' DOES matter, but you cannot take it personally when you don't meet their other base criteria first, that's just how it goes.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Priortise these in order of importance for a man 1] Confidence, 2] Charm or 3] Friendship