Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Are Tattoos on women ok      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hilly02
Msg: 3
Are Tattoos on women okPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Depends what they are, where they are and how well they are done really.
I draw the line at knuckles, faces, necks and the bogan trollop tramp stamp.
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 4
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/9/2012 12:49:43 AM
Originally tattoos were an idea brought back by sailors centuries ago, after they came into contact with tribes of natives all around the world who proudly boasted these pictures. These native tattoos had cultural and tribal meaning. What the sailors didn't bring back was a value system that was attached to the body art.

Tribal tattoos mean something, and they are a right of passage into manhood when they are earned through hard work or good hunting and bravery, or generally being a man of respectable stature which is useful to the tribes survival. Today any loser with a spare wad of cash can have a meaningless tattoo put on his or her skin. It means nothing. Not to anyone. Society doesn't respect them more. Just as an observation, most people doing time in jail have lots tattoos. It all means nothing.

Once upon a time having a tattoo was a mark of individuality. In my opinion it was a misplaced ideal, and buying a tattoo makes you about as individual as an athlete buying his or her medal or a student buying his or her graduation certificate. But at least back then the individuality meant that you were in a minority group. Now the majority of people have a tattoo, so there is no individual value.

I personally keep my comics in my top draw...not on my skin.
 gingerosity
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/9/2012 2:50:17 AM
For me it would depend on the tattoo. Is it something artistic that is just a positive celebration of individuality in a superficial, socially acceptable way? Or is it like something from a horror movie that seems to indicate some kind of harmful mental issues to want to permanently mark themselves with it?

Should you judge a book by its cover? No, but that doesn't mean it has no relevance at all in figuring out what the contents of the book might be about, what its target market is, ISBN, recommended retail price, etc...
 gingerosity
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/10/2012 3:05:53 PM

they look great when young/but awful on old

Yeah but if they get an elephant it will just look more authentic the wrinklier they get.
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 11
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/10/2012 11:45:12 PM
Ginger wrote:

Yeah but if they get an elephant it will just look more authentic the wrinklier they get.

I wanted a tattoo of an anaconda around my penis, but the tattoo artist ran out of ink.
 bigrockinguy
Msg: 12
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/11/2012 3:42:17 AM
I have 3 tatts....2 of and about my favorite band and a memorial to my late dad.....also want a tattoo of a rooster with a noose around its neck on my thigh......that way i can say i have a****that hangs halfway down my leg
 Holly63
Msg: 14
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/12/2012 12:02:27 AM
I have two small tattoos. A butterfly on my left shoulder when I turned 40 which I love and a silly tiny squiggle on my lower back which Im not too fond of.

However, both are hidden under normal clothing and I forget they're there. I planned it that way in case in years to come I regret having them or they become out of shape.
 Holly63
Msg: 16
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/12/2012 9:04:09 PM
@ Justanormalman....thankyou for your compliment. :)

I decided to get a butterfly on my 40th Birthday as a symbol of a new beginning. "Life begins at 40" so they say and I absolutely love it. Its very delicate and in fine detail.

i think that before a girl gets a tramp stamp.......

I dont understand why they're called tramp stamps. To me it lables all women as a tramp because they have a tattoo. I intend to get another tattoo....(again, strategicaly placed) , with a combination of my 4 children's initials.

It means something to me, as does the tattoo on the poster who said hers is in memory of her dear late husband.
 HappyRocker
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/12/2012 11:28:12 PM
When MY tattoos are on a woman all is OK.
 jb rumda
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/14/2012 2:51:00 PM
Depends what they are, where they are and how well they are done really.
I draw the line at knuckles, faces, necks and the bogan trollop tramp stamp.

hilly so true
 Michael.Jay
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 9/22/2012 6:42:34 PM
Gives you something to look at while recovering and getting ready for round 2 ;)
 Nice_Guy_Jr
Msg: 23
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 10/17/2012 8:07:27 PM
With stretching, fading, changing of perceptions, on top of defacing what is already a beautiful thing, in the long term, tattoos on women are nasty.
 RorschachTM
Msg: 25
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 10/18/2012 3:05:08 AM
As far as I am concerned, what women do with their body is none of my business.

Having said that I do believe sometimes one can go overboard with tattooing, but as long as I like the person, meh.
 lkmlkm
Msg: 26
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 10/30/2012 12:05:09 AM
[It means nothing. Not to anyone.] [I personally keep my comics in my top draw...not on my skin.]

If it means nothing, why do you have to degrade them??

My tattoos aren't for individuality, they are because I like nice (to me) pictures.
 KittyKilledKarma
Msg: 27
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 10/30/2012 1:11:41 AM
The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people, is that tattooed people don't give a shit that you don't have tattoos!
 greyingred
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/1/2012 5:54:18 PM

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people, is that tattooed people don't give a shit that you don't have tattoos!

Personally I have almost a pathological dislike of tattoos, which got me thinking why is this?...yup tis my generation's presumptions that it is to do with the criminal/unsavoury elements of western society. Eldest child got a tattoo, hid it for ages and yes I lost it when I found out. Funnily enough ex had a full sleeve, done when a stupid, angry 17 year old, I chose to just ignore it....maybe I shouldn't have cos my myopic assumptions proved correct. But you are so right, tattoed people don't give a shit that you don't have tattoos. Some of the art can be quite beautiful but not on women's bellies and boobs who have had children. Still makes me shudder though when I see a beautiful young woman covered from head to toe in tatts...such a shame.
 Watermanmax
Msg: 29
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/1/2012 10:39:06 PM
you mean are someones copy of someones cartoons a sophisticated beauty product?

Only if Andy Warhol did them.

There are far better ways to show taste humour sexuality and intellect, all of which will apply at 90 as well as at 19
 PROTON67
Msg: 30
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/2/2012 10:17:11 AM
No, they are not ok. You are God's work of art and God's temple. You don't paint a mustache on the mona lisa and you don't paint graffiti on a temple. It is disrespectful to God and to yourself.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/2/2012 10:54:13 AM

No, they are not ok. You are God's work of art and God's temple.

There are no god things.
 kmac6
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/2/2012 1:01:09 PM
Wow L.C. That's really deep. lol... Maybe if the previous poster was a little less godly he would have had a relationship that lasted longer than 2 yrs. Unless of course it was a typo in his profile.
 sinistra
Msg: 33
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/2/2012 4:13:48 PM
for christ's sake,how does god botherer from the usa infiltrate an australian thread about tats?
although i reckon some artistic stigmata might meet with celestial approval..gaping nail holes,pools of blood,crown of thorns...you'd be in demand at easter.
 greyingred
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/2/2012 9:46:05 PM
for christ's sake,how does god botherer from the usa infiltrate an australian thread about tats?
although i reckon some artistic stigmata might meet with celestial approval..gaping nail holes,pools of blood,crown of thorns...you'd be in demand at easter.

Want a like button....or the rolly yellow laughing smiley face...miss the emoticons. Looking at the name he/she cant be all bad cos obviously not a creationist.
 Hilly02
Msg: 35
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/2/2012 10:21:03 PM
I have learnt in the last couple of years to not judge a person by their ink. I would have missed out on much if I had been too judgemental about it. Ink doesn't change the person inside.
 qldblue
Msg: 36
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/3/2012 2:02:22 AM
A s greyingred stated, in my upbringing people who had tatts were associated with the criminal element and as such were to be avoided.

If the tatts are tastefully done then they will appear as good body art and tattooist back in my day were not renowned for their artistry as they are today.

Would I ever get a tatt?

Not likely as I am scared of needles of any sort being applied to me.
 aussieblues
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Are Tattoos on women ok
Posted: 11/3/2012 5:18:56 PM
If I had my time over, I doubt I'd have so many tattoo's. That being said I can cover them and they've never gotten in the way of me accessing a decent job or a social life with those who don't have tatts.
I do sometimes think there's going to be some funny looking tatts in my nursing home one day ;-)
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Are Tattoos on women ok