Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > A School Girl Crush at 60?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nativerock
Msg: 1
A School Girl Crush at 60?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I really think I am smitten.. Could not sleep last night thinking about him.. Yes I met him out walking my dog yesterday and am concerned about this really crazy crush I seem to be experiencing here..

I almost missed my coffee meet since I found it very hard to break away from chatting with him.. It is honestly worse than the first crush I ever experienced when I was just 16. Any tips on how to get some kind of sanity back into my life here would be much appreciated.

nativerock
 rearguard*2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A School Girl Crush at 60?
Posted: 9/10/2012 5:44:02 AM
Well, is your usual life of sanity any more satisfying than that of a flight of emotional ecstasy? If yes, zip down to the nearest used clothing store, outfit yourself in the latest street grung, and dress that way when you walk the dog while chewing gum with a half smoked cig hanging from your lip.

If not, head down to Vicky's Secret and stock up on feminine luxuries and make sure you are completely prepared to carry on the conversation next time you meet him......

Sanity is boring, boring, boring.........
 Pinky127
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/10/2012 6:21:54 AM
Op,you mean you met a man when you were on your way to meet ANOTHER man.......???
You hussy,you (joke!)

There's one thing ive learnt and that's the butterflies in our stomach we experience when we're younger stay with us,ie: its exactly the same when we're older.
Im wondering how your coffee date went when you obviously were thinking about this other man?
Is he single? Available?
Im dying to know so i hope you meet him on your walks again and get his number!
Good luck to ya.......
 nativerock
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/10/2012 6:40:14 AM

Well, is your usual life of sanity any more satisfying than that of a flight of emotional ecstasy? If yes, zip down to the nearest used clothing store, outfit yourself in the latest street grung, and dress that way when you walk the dog while chewing gum with a half smoked cig hanging from your lip.

In fact I was wearing my latest street grung when I was out walking yesterday..I looked absolutely dreadful in fact when I got home after chatting with him and took off my shades I could see I got a little smoothie residue right between my eyebrows.. My smoothie was so thick that day I had to seriously tip it to get the last drop. I guess there was some residue on the rim of the glass that ended up smack dab between my eyebrows... As for the gum well ummm I did have a wad in my mouth...

I
f not, head down to Vicky's Secret and stock up on feminine luxuries and make sure you are completely prepared to carry on the conversation next time you meet him......

Well I was not exactly thinking about Vicky's Secret but I was thinking that is was time I stopped wearing my beat up dog walking clothes.. You know at my age I seriously need my beauty sleep.. Trying to get back on a even keel here..

He did ask for my phone number and I gave it to him.. Good heavens now I will be jumping each time the phone rings!!! Yep only to find out it is someone else that is calling.. Good Grief!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 6:44:58 AM
Native my dear? I think this is too cute! And for goodness sake, go for it! Spiff up your dress the next time you are out and about and simply enjoy things as they unfold! We are never too old for high school crush feelings...just waiting for mine to show up! lol...please do let us know how this goes....
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/10/2012 6:49:57 AM

I really think I am smitten.. Could not sleep last night thinking about him.. Yes I met him out walking my dog yesterday and am concerned about this really crazy crush I seem to be experiencing here..

I almost missed my coffee meet since I found it very hard to break away from chatting with him.. It is honestly worse than the first crush I ever experienced when I was just 16. Any tips on how to get some kind of sanity back into my life here would be much appreciated.

If not, head down to Vicky's Secret and stock up on feminine luxuries and make sure you are completely prepared to carry on the conversation next time you meet him......

Sanity is boring, boring, boring.........

Op TY so much 4 posting this...I did a thread recently called fantasy relationships cuz I suspected someone I cross paths with had a crush on me...then I developed a crush on him. It is a small town where I live & who knows who is on POF & reads this- so I cannot elaborate...I keep vacillating b/w thinking I adore him to: I never hardly get a chance to talk to him, and thinking he is crazy 4 me- like I am 4 him- to, nah, I am imagining it & it would NEVER work...

Life is so short- I agree about sanity is boring...part of me wants to tell him, part of me wants him to move to Timbuktu...for a long time I felt unattractive & asexual to men cuz I had such a bad streak...

Fast forward a few years, I do go out w/ 2 men socially as friends, my health is way better, I lost some weight, I finally started going out again locally & noticed that I am NOT unattractive to men. The crush thing was on for a while...at least ur crush speaks to you & u get one on one...

The last encounter I had recently was at a place of business & there were people around that he talks to & I was there w/ my son- I wish I could draw a schematic diagram of the rooms, doorways & what happened...I was in the center of the room, there was a doorway on both sides, he came into one walked over to me said hi, I said hi, we made eye contact & smiled (his face lit up like a pinball machine)Then he did a 45 degree turn to go thru another doorway...instead of walking thru the room to go thru one door & thru the other, he def. made a deviation from his path to walk over to me & sort of ran off...this is how he usually is...I think he is adorable! I've caught him looking out of the corner of his eye, etc.

I prefer a man who is shy like that over some player who is on here emailing tons of women, I think he would be loyal & sincere...I will not post more details cuz if I did & local read this...

You are wise to keep going about your life, I decided I am too, because if the man ends up being too shy to be in a relationship, you will have wasted precious time, but be open to him & the possibility of a great friendship or romance...

I feel crazy, I googled him once...then I googled myself to see what came up in case he googled me...I also wonder if other mutual acquaintances have noticed, if they r giggling over it, etc.

I would love to pinch his cheek I think he is so sweet!

TY OP I was afraid I was the only woman my age who was experiencing this...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 6:59:18 AM
Oh dear.....perhaps your attraction to this fellow was based on your appearance at the time. He may prefer a somewhat low key woman to the usual high fashion Montreal female.

Perhaps gage your appeal to him in a series of stages: Next time dress last years Walmart. Follow that with this Spring's Aubainerie. Then move up to the sell offs at the nearest still open Zellers. If all that keeps him on the hook, you can proceed to the latest Sear's sale, The Bay latest trend, Simons chic, and even get to Zara or an Ogilvie Boutique!!!!!

Keep notes on how long it takes before his next call after each stage. The quicker he calls, the more he is enthused.......
 Moonchild51
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 7:13:12 AM

Stock up on batteries so you can hang on until you seduce him

^^ Oh my goodness Abelian! Do ya not think we already own shares in everready? lol
 nativerock
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/10/2012 7:13:15 AM

Op,you mean you met a man when you were on your way to meet ANOTHER man.......???
You hussy,you (joke!)

Yeah I actually did that can you believe it..I felt so darn guilty you have no idea.. Luckily sanity kicked in and I finally dragged myself away from him.. I knew the clock was ticking and I had to be somewhere else..

Im wondering how your coffee date went when you obviously were thinking about this other man?

It was not easy but said to myself you have to forget this man, there is a man waiting at the coffee shop that wants to meet you.. He was very attractive man as well just not over the top like this bronzed skinned dreamboat was.. He brought a single lovely rose and laid it on the table.. I thought that was very dear of him to do. We talked a bit about where he was born since just recently was thinking of purchasing a property there, on the coast.. The next few hours we seemed to just be talking about business and finally had to tell him goodnight...

Is he single? Available?
Im dying to know so i hope you meet him on your walks again and get his number!o
Good luck to ya.......

Yes he has been single for 10 years now.. He told me he had moved into this area when he got divorced 10 years ago.. He wanted to give me his card but unfortunately he had been tanning and did not have it on him.. However he did ask for mine and I wrote it on his newspaper..We live around the corner from one another.. My stomach did flip turns this morning as I passed by his building with Dylan..I might need to take a different route now to get some sanity back..
 nativerock
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/10/2012 7:24:10 AM

Native my dear? I think this is too cute! And for goodness sake, go for it! Spiff up your dress the next time you are out and about and simply enjoy things as they unfold! We are never too old for high school crush feelings...just waiting for mine to show up! lol...please do let us know how this goes....

Good gravy I might never wear those remodeled canvas pants again. They used to have a cute drawstring at the ankle with a tassle.. I remodeled them when Dylan was a young puppy since he liked to bite at the cords.. so I just took them strings out and presto they made me look like a woman that was on her way to fishing hole in her flood pants..

This morning found myself washing my long dark hair before going out for my early am walk..Then I put on my finest paisley embroidered skinny jeans just to walk by his building.. lol
 Moonchild51
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 7:35:55 AM
^^^ You go girl! Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I think this is awesome. All this online, and perhaps Mr. Wonderful was right in your own backyard so to speak!
 Pinky127
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/10/2012 7:52:06 AM
Hi-5,Moonie

*I* think its wonderful,too.................and,to think he's just around the corner from Op.
Keep us updated,Op....i have my fingers crossed for you!

*Edit* ^^^ Yes,revel in the insanity - tiz wonderful to be crazy!
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/10/2012 8:28:08 AM
Have FUN!

Life is way too short to worry about it.
 HDgal51
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/10/2012 8:38:07 AM
Invite Mr. Wonderful out for coffee. If you still remain smitten, then go for it. Have fun!
 nativerock
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/10/2012 9:14:12 AM

crush or just not enough going on in your life. to me your one lifes romantic never thought it happen to you at 6o. good for you just be careful,/what you wish for. wow suprised you 60 as dont look it.

Yes sometimes they say a crush can be caused by boredom.. No I certainly did not think I would have a crush on anyone in my 60`s.. But life sometimes is full of surprises, but not to worry still have my head attached to my shoulders.. As for not looking 60 thanks, it is probably a combination of a high raw diet and genes.. In fact most people think my older son is my boyfriend when we are out together.. He never used to like that when he was younger but now finds it funny..
 nativerock
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/10/2012 9:19:16 AM

Have FUN!

Life is way too short to worry about it.

Maybe a sign of getting older...
I hear we tend to move backwards in time.... A time when every gal had just one fellow..lol
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/10/2012 9:28:01 AM
I know when I started dating again (that was after 2 very long term marriages),
I felt like a teenager in high school.
It was hard to reign in those feelings, and I felt so foolish having them.
I haven't felt them since ... so maybe it was just me not understanding how to date
Or years of sexual deprivation.
Now I am more in tune to reality. lol

So if it isn't either of the above, then just enjoy the feelings.
Life is short.
We loose a lot of our loved ones to death along the way
and what I have now figured out is that
Life is for the living.

So have fun.
Enjoy
You are a grown woman, with a wealth of experience behind you.
You are blessed that you can even feel this way.
 c_deacon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 9:32:37 AM
These are the type that come fast and leave just as quickly.....so, be prepared for the super high, and then the detachment that occurs just the same way!!

Think back to high school and those crushes, and how you just had to have them, and once you had them, they were just another "enjoy and move on" person that entered your life for the short term. The real ones are those that come on slowly with attraction, and the chemistry simmers, and then if, and I say if, you two are compatible......the long term just might be a possibility and reality. Until then, all are just another crush to enjoy on your path to reality!!

cd
 laskoboo
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 9:45:21 AM
YOU are infatuated with a man you do not even know...
can this happen at 60? sure it can, but its not something
coming of wisdom... more immaturity as anyone who has had life
experience and learned anything in life would know not to
do such a foolish thing and become smitten with someone you do not even know
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/10/2012 9:47:50 AM
oh holycowwow.... we may be old but we ain't DEAD yet!
she said she's smitten.... she didn't say she was moving in with the guy. jeez

nativerock, we'll need some updates yanno.
 nativerock
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/10/2012 10:53:09 AM

You are a grown woman, with a wealth of experience behind you.
You are blessed that you can even feel this way.

Honestly that is the way I feel.. Just embrace the gift he brought your way..Maybe he did see that red spot between my eyebrows hiding beneath my shades and thought it the red dot that some Indian women have on their foreheads.. lol
 laskoboo
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2012 10:57:32 AM
smitten - (used in combination) affected by something overwhelming; "conscience-smitten"; "awe-struck"
struck, stricken
affected - acted upon; influenced
2. smitten - marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness; "gaga over the rock group's new album"; "he was infatuated with her"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stand by my last post... awe struck at 60?
and by a man ?.............. you've got to be kidding !
 J0R0GUM0
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/10/2012 11:18:58 AM
Wonderful example of what 16-year-olds don’t know (and wouldn’t believe if told):
the over-45 crew has more fun (1) !!
since
we feel the same intense emotions as younglings (2)
but
we can control our actions
without needing to clamp down on our emotions.

Distinguishing thought vs. emotion vs. action -- there’s your sanity.

(1) and (2) or, we can. Bitter jaded wet blankets whose hearts rusted shut long ago, might choose not to.
 nativerock
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/10/2012 11:22:04 AM

Think back to high school and those crushes, and how you just had to have them, and once you had them, they were just another "enjoy and move on" person that entered your life for the short term.

Only had one other crush in my life at 16.. He was the musical director that auditioned me for a job.. I was a nervous wreck doing that audition and thought for sure I had blown it..Luckily he hired me.. This crush lasted a few years until I left for New York to continue my career.. I was now almost 20 years old..
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/10/2012 11:45:47 AM
Oh native, what a grand feeling it is to know that even at this age we can still feel the "stirrings" we once had as school girl. Loved that feeling in the pit of my tummy, the lurch one feels when we happen to spot our crush...lol
It gives me pleasure reading stuff like this...knowing that things like this can still happen at our age. Enjoy them while they last...they come upon us so seldom.

Good luck.

....mae
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > A School Girl Crush at 60?