Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > natural beauty vs make up      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 2
natural beauty vs make upPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I prefer natural to make up. In fact, I've seen some who so overdo their make-up, it's actually repulsive.
 lovelikewinter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
natural beauty vs make up
Posted: 9/11/2012 2:47:35 PM
For a lot of people, makeup is a form of expression. Not to cover anything up, but to create something new. Then you have those people like me who have foundation on because their skin is so sun sensative.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2012 11:01:58 AM
I never wore make-up until I was in my 40s and was told by a supervisor at work that "all
the other women are uncomfortable because you don't wear make-up ... we think you should
conform and wear make-up!"

I was dumbfounded ... wow ... eventually, I caved and wore make-up while I had that job ...
which was about 10 years ... then went back to my "no make-up" stance ... I HAVE make-up
and CAN wear it, for example, when going to have my picture taken! as in the "mother of the
bride" photos ... my class reunion photos ...

people frequently ask me how my skin has remained so nice ... shrug ... I don't pour garbage
onto it daily???
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/14/2012 12:29:47 PM
I prefer the no make up, But some times its nice when a woman dresses up and uses some make up just to add some color. But when its soo thick that it looks like a clown mask its a huge turn off. Also when a woman uses alot of make up they don't want you to kiss them so it won't ruin it. I also noticed that when a woman don't use alot of make up her skin is much nicer. The more make up they wear the more they have to use it to cover up the skin blemishes.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/14/2012 4:11:02 PM
yeah fcukin wah. Don't tell me all you guys don't go gaga over the lovely young beautiful actresses. They, I can assure you, are wearing at least a half pound of make-up
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/14/2012 5:29:57 PM
Fairoaks,Its one thing to see them on the screen with make up. Its totaly diffrent to see them in person. Sometime when you see them in person you can't even recognize them. Using a little make up is one thing to use it when you can actualy see the lines where the make up starts and end at the neck line or by the ears is just wrong. There is what I would call tastefull and then there is gross... But then I do know guys that want that sorten look where the women would need to use heavy fundation and lots of make up.
 irish_smackie
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/16/2012 4:41:49 PM

God does not make ugly people. The fact that people are trying to change the way God made them look is where I'm going. God is perfection. We are children of God. So we were made fearfully and perfect. People do not need make up to be beautiful, god is beautiful and we are children of God so we as well are beautiful

I need a pair of those rose-colored glasses!
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/20/2012 12:10:55 PM
RE: #35 - Big difference between needing it and overdoing it.

As a man, I choose not to spread animal fat all over my face.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/20/2012 11:09:18 PM
I guess I left myself open for that one.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > natural beauty vs make up