Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DempseySR32
Msg: 1
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
What do you think about men that wear lifts in their shoes? A man can get 3 to 5 inches with lifts and you would never know it. Assuming you dated someone that wears lifts for a long time but found out about it later would it change things?
 phoenix_55
Msg: 2
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.
Posted: 9/13/2012 9:58:08 AM
I'd feel like I'd been duped, for sure. And lying about anything isn't the best way to start a relationship. As far as it changing things, if the guy without lifts was actually several inches taller than me, and the lifts gave him another 3" or so, it probably wouldn't be the end of the world. However, if the guy is my height and added 3-5", I'd probably be annoyed to say the least.
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/13/2012 10:18:27 AM
I'd be 100% completely turned-off!! It's sneaky and if the woman prefers taller men, once you take the lifts off she's not going to be attracted to you and your having tricked her will just put her off! Best to be yourself& perhaps find shorter women, lol. Cheers
 pescando75
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/13/2012 10:26:44 AM
Yeah, until she wanted to go for a run, hiking, rollerblading, etc. ha ha!
"My lifts are KILLING me."
"Wha??!"
 Kekun
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/13/2012 10:30:21 AM
I would advise keep your shoes for fcuking... can't beat that look!!! lol
 uarealoser
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/13/2012 10:37:36 AM

What do you think about men that wear lifts in their shoes?

Hmmm...it's kind of like a woman wearing a push up bra...

A man can get 3 to 5 inches with lifts and you would never know it.

Unless you did anything that required a change of shoes or no shoes at all.

Assuming you dated someone that wears lifts for a long time but found out about it later would it change things?

It's just a vanity. Like makeup, hair coloring, support garments, high heels, spray tanning, tattoos, piercings, toupee's, teeth whitening, etc.
Different people are going to have different tolerance levels depending on the vanity.
Everyone may be able to tolerate a certain vanity in one person, but not be able to tolerate the same thing in another person, depending on other factors involved. The more attractive someone is to you overall (personality and looks, socially, mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, etc., etc., etc.), the less vanities matter.
 c_deacon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 3:58:32 PM
I could see why most women would be upset and disappointed with that man once he took his shoes off......Happens the same way for many of us men once women take off their padded bras, girdles, ass shaping panties, fake eye lashes, make up, on and on and on.....shall I go on?

cd
 femaleconnection
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/25/2012 10:10:41 AM
Well, seeing as I dont wear things that alter my appearance such as padded or push up bras and girdles/spanx to squeeze my body into a different shape than what mother nature gave me, I wouldnt accept a man changing his physical appearance either. I do wear heels, and it is plainly obvious I am doing so...so him hiding it wouldnt go over well with me. I know it is not PC, but I like the man taller than myself. End of story.
 jblack2000
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/25/2012 3:17:46 PM

I know it is not PC, but I like the man taller than myself

You and about 95% of other women feel the same way

Never mind the fact that is impossible by demographics, that every woman can date a man 6ft or taller

Men are just as bad, but they are not as inflexible as women and their height requirements
 Scentous
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:11:42 PM
I believe a man needs to be taller/bigger than a woman to adequately protect her.
Period. If push comes to shove I don't want to be the protector.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:59:06 PM
No way!

When a woman wears heels, it is readily apparent. Using "secret" lifts is just another form of lying.
 DragonBits
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/25/2012 6:00:33 PM

Using "secret" lifts is just another form of lying.

Did anyone know they actually make socks with lifts in them? I first read about if in connection with short actors.

I agree that lifts are a form of lying, but then wigs, hair extensions, girdles and padded bras are also.

High heels on a women is just fashion and as you say obvious, they look good but I think they aren't very good for one's posture and feet.

When I was 30 I was more self conscious about being short, so used to wear cowboy boots with large heels. Now I wear flat sandles most often.
 DragonBits
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/25/2012 7:55:33 PM

People have a right to do what makes them happy

Of course that it not true at all.
 StageCat1
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/26/2012 7:18:12 AM
Well, gee, helpmeahhh, I guess that means every guy who says he doesn't want a fat woman is doing the same thing - looking for an object, right?

OR perhaps it could be just a personal preference. A guy may find himself drawn to slender women. I find myself drawn to taller men. Just like someone else may prefer a curvy woman or a muscular man. I have yet to meet anyone who's attracted to any and every type. Everyone's a little bit picky. Some people just don't want to admit it.
 DragonBits
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/26/2012 8:34:48 AM

Well, gee, helpmeahhh, I guess that means every guy who says he doesn't want a fat woman is doing the same thing - looking for an object, right?

It's really not at all the same thing. Your weight is under your control, height cannot be changed without extreme surgical intervention.

IMO a women's age is more equivalent to a man's height. Some men prefer a younger woman, there is nothing you can do about your age. Age is to a man like height is to a woman, it's not perfect but at least that is the closest one can get to a analog. Men are actually more flexible in their preferences about age than woman are about height.

Personal preference are also under your control and change over time, marketing and advertisers spend billions changing personal preferences.

I believe all of the above, but I am in no way upset by women that want a taller man, I am much more interested in shorter younger women.

I wouldn't reject a much taller woman or if someone was a very active older woman, but only if she was like a soul mate, and it's not likely we I would pursue her in the first place so it would be hard to get an emotional bond. I did have a ten year intensively physical relationship with a woman who was several inches taller than me, we really didn't think about it, and we were both young and in love, so I know height isn't that big a deal to me, and my ex-wife was 7 years older.

Height, age and ethnicity are always contentious, good luck in your seach.
 carolann0308
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 1:22:02 PM
Can you imagine the wedding night surprises???

Her: OMG you're a midget
Him: WTF an A cup???????????
 StageCat1
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/27/2012 1:02:31 PM
LukeT77, I get what you're saying. But if you find yourself attracted to someone who doesn't exactly match your personal preferences, then you're not living by them blindly and slavishly. You're keeping an open mind, which is exactly what you're advocating.

Just because we get more specific in our profiles doesn't mean we're "all caught up" in our preferences. Rather, I think it gives readers a better idea of who we are, our likes and dislikes, etc. If someone wants to think I'm shallow and persnickety because of my profile, well, I've written it in the most kind and polite way I can, so there's nothing I can do about that. I COULD say those people are defensive and insecure for taking it so personally, but that's not being terribly objective on my part. I don't know them so how can I make that call?

What every single one of us does do on these sites, however, is look at PHOTOS. It's all visual, and no matter how much anyone tries to deny that, it's the photos that get us to look further at the profile. If there's not any kind of attraction to the photos, we're not likely to look further. Some people on here would call that shallow, when in reality it's part and parcel of the online dating process.
 StageCat1
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/27/2012 1:05:56 PM

I am much more interested in shorter younger women.

There you go! That's your preference - and I get it. I in no way would ever accuse you of looking for an object because of that.
 _autumn_angel_
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/27/2012 3:38:53 PM
Well look at it this way, the men who meet the description of the type of man you're seeking in your profile
aren't going to be the one's whining about you and calling you this& that. So, why would you care what any other
men think? It doesn't matter and it's their issue, not your's!

Cheers :)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/27/2012 3:52:29 PM
I really think honesty is the best policy, but it starts with being honest to yourself.

You like wearing heels - great - you can even say you like wearing them ALL the time - um, not really.

You don't wear them out in the grassy yards and fields, ice skating, bicycling, skiing, even driving the car. You don't wear them in the shower, in the pool, and you certainly aren't going to wear them camping in a tent, sleeping on an air mattress, or in a waterbed. I have yet to see ANY heels at the gym, doing aerobics or jogging. (This paragraph sounds like Green Eggs and Ham - You don't wear them in the can, you don't wear them when getting a tan, you don't wear them Samantha-I-Am)

We had a recent newspaper story about people that worked the lost-and-found at a local major sports arena/concert venue. Aside from cell phones and PDAs, what was the most common thing left behind at concerts? High-heeled shoes.

It isn't necessarily height that women like in a guy. A lot of women like a guy that's BIGGER than them, and since obesity has been found to be a bad thing, height is the default thing to look for. It has to do with the general idea of women being 'feminine', or basically the more 'fairer' sex. If they tower over the guy, or outweigh them by 30 pounds, it's hard for them to feel 'delicate' and womanlike. You look at most short guys that have girls around them - yeah, confidence has a lot to do with it, but so does a huge set of broad shoulders.

For myself, I don't mind a taller lady. I don't bother searching more than a couple inches taller, because there just isn't many 5'10" ladies that would give a 5'8" guy the time of day. I'm more worried about weight. I bust my ass at the gym to keep my stomach from sticking out further than my chest. I would hope I could find a lady who's got the same work ethic.
 _autumn_angel_
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/27/2012 4:10:48 PM
My man is 6'2 and I love it!! With or without my heels =))

I also love the fact that he never had to come on here& whine
about women wearing high-heels! Instead he finds them feminine&
sexy as hell! ;)

Btw: I'm a woman and I like bigger AND much taller men. My guy's
a really good guy too. I know, crazy right?? Tall AND a good guy!!
 Jamesin2013
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/27/2012 4:39:41 PM

Protect her from what?! You live in flipping Florida! You don't live in the Stone Age where guys hunt and had to protect you from predators. You don't live somewhere in Africa where you need protection from lions and warlords. You live in flipping modern date Florida! Most of the time you don't need any real protecting, you are pretty safe. That's what the police are for. If you need quick protection from a thug while on a date, extra height is not going to help against a knife or gun. Probably the most you need your guy to protect you from is other sleazy guys and to do that all he needs to do is walk up and either grab your arm or put his arm over you and tell the sleazy you're with him. He doesn't even need to be that fit and can be an inch shorter and still pull that off brilliantly.

Seriously, Scentous, what do you think you have genuine need of protection from that requires additional height?

i was wondering the same thing,,i have seen this used a few times myself by women and i think i know what they are trying to say,,,,,,,,it may be that they are just saying that because of a thousands of years of evolution being present in every cell of their bodies and they are "channeling" something instinctual from a bygone era when men were uncivilized rapists who would grab any woman in arms length at any time of the day for a little "caveman" action until the day she discovered that if she hung out with the biggest and baddest cave dude,,that he MAY protect her from the other mouth breathers as long as she continues to rock his,,,,,,cave

lol.....but,,,this is the 21st century.........a 2 foot tall person with a gun,,,,can kill the tallest and baddest mofo on the planet...so...physical attributes have not really been an effective method of picking out a mate for "protection" since the invention of a weapon with the power to kill and small enough to be used by anyone.....

so....my thoery is,,when a woman uses that phrase,,what she is really trying to tell you is,,,,

she needs a big tall man,,to protect her,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FROM THE CRAP SHE HERSELF CREATES! lol

you know the type!drunken,,loud,,obnoxious,,,acts like a tough guy and therefor is constantly getting into arguments and fights with any and everyone who will so much as indulge her.........
yes,,this is the type of women who needs someone big and strong to protect her from the never ending drama and nonsense that is her life.....lol

course i could be wrong,,,,,
 livingwithadog
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/27/2012 6:34:45 PM
It would depend on how I felt about the man, really. Basically, I dislike false advertising (for lack of a better phrase at the moment), and I'm more of "really, this is me... nobody's required to like me" type person... And prefer that in a man, too.

....padded bras, girdles, ass shaping panties, fake eye lashes, make up, on and on and on.....shall I go on?

Just so ya know, I don't wear any of these "body enhancer" things... I would hate to surprise anyone... What you see is what you get, I always say.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/28/2012 7:57:19 AM

Just because we get more specific in our profiles doesn't mean we're "all caught up" in our preferences.

But the computer doesn't know that. If you tell a website to look for one particular kind of guy, that's what the computer will show you. It's not going to change unless you TELL it to change. How often do you modify search preferences online? How much do you modify your e-mail preferences online? I see women complain in these forums (and in their profiles) a LOT about always meeting the same kind of douchebag online, but if you are not opening up to a few random NEW possibilities, you really do NOT know what you may be missing.

I keep my age search range at about 10 years - 33 to 43, 35 to 45, something like that - but I've mixed it up on occasion to see what other ladies are out there. We've got a couple 50 year olds in my neighborhood that look hotter than most 30-somethings. I really hate smoking, but I've still done a few searches for smokers just to see if there is somebody else I haven't seen before. Some ladies WANT to quit smoking, and others really don't smoke except when they are with smoking friends, so there is a chance I may like what I see.
 StageCat1
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/28/2012 1:15:01 PM

But the computer doesn't know that. If you tell a website to look for one particular kind of guy, that's what the computer will show you. It's not going to change unless you TELL it to change. How often do you modify search preferences online? How much do you modify your e-mail preferences online? I see women complain in these forums (and in their profiles) a LOT about always meeting the same kind of douchebag online, but if you are not opening up to a few random NEW possibilities, you really do NOT know what you may be missing.

The computer doesn't weed people out according to my preferences. People might weed themselves out, but no one is automatically weeded out. I get responses from all kinds of people, some who may respond despite what I say in my profile. I keep an open mind, but I do tend to be drawn to certain things because that's just naturally what I find attractive.

I get what you're saying though. I think you'll do really well on here! All the best.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.