Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > really depressed...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
really depressed...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I strongly recommend that you do a LOT of reading in these forums, before you decide on any particular course of action (other than getting out and about in your local venues). All of your same fears, trepidations, depressions, and negative assumptions have been talked about here extensively, and lots of helpful ways to address everything is already available for the reading.

I know that it certainly helped me tremendously.
 Walts
Msg: 3
really depressed...
Posted: 9/17/2012 2:14:39 PM
Come on OP. You're 21 and you're "depressed" cause you can't get GIRLS to answer your emails?????? Don't worry about them right now. You are at the age that you should be worried about YOUR future,meaning education, a career,etc. Get those things in order, and sooner or later the WOMEN will come to you. This transformation should take place in about 9 years.

Now, get outside and play!!!!!!
 Sniper308
Msg: 4
really depressed...
Posted: 9/17/2012 8:35:41 PM
alright, so i have been on this website for a considerable amount of time and i have yet to even talk with a lady or even hold a conversation

April? April of 2012 is "a considerable amount of time" and this is only September of the same year? You're "'already' starting to feel lonely?" Puh-lease. Spare me. I'm all out of compassion for rookies today.

Find a hobby. Get out of the house. Go work out at the gym. If you feel you need counseling, see a professional; you sure won't find any $120/hour advice here, young sir. Exercise... it'll help your outlook; you might get healthy and look better, but I've never felt depressed on a seven-mile run or a 20-mile forced march with a full ruck -- lots of OTHER things, but never depressed. Go hang out with some veterans for breakfast a few mornings... buy them each a cup of coffee and thank them for their service (it'd be nice if you actually meant it), then see if they'll invite you to join them... then just listen, and try getting to know them. I think THAT would improve your outlook a lot, too.

Here's the deal. Clubbing a woman and dragging her off to your cave is out of style. Besides that, it's illegal. So, in these modern times, you have no control over the situation. They get to pick and choose and there's not a damn thing you can do about it (legally). The best you can do is work on YOURSELF. If a good woman comes along... marvy. If not, set yourself up to be in a position in life that you DON'T CARE... certainly not enough to moan about it and "feel lonely." You're a young lad. If you let yourself "get away with" being this ___ up NOW, what are you going to be like when you're MY age?

No ca-ca... get out EVERY DAY and walk at least three miles. Breath deeply, get some oxygen into your brain so it functions better. At the end of your walk, get a bottle water somewhere, hydrate yourself, and just relax... and you'll notice you're not feeling all "I'm a worthless POS no woman wants" about yourself. Volunteer, walk, go smell some flowers, adopt a puppy -- take care of YOU. Don't get all wrapped up about this "woman" crap. If it happens it happens. If not, you'll be doing other "good" things that will make you a better you.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 5
really depressed...
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:53:49 AM
Cinsay has hit the nail on the head. You should be HAPPY you havent dealt with anyone from online. Delete your account before it's too late!

Seriously. I tried for over 2 years and I was on all the major dating sites. I met nothing but liars, men with herpes, no jobs, no car, moved back in with parents, men with alcohol and drug problems, men actually still married, being deceptive about their age, uploading old photos, on and on. Gold digging men, men who hate women and are looking for someone to use a a verbal punching bag..I finally got a clue and stopped online dating.

I suggest you do as well. Just my opinion. It seems like it's going to be far more easier than it actually turns out to be. I think the people who DO find someone else are very very rare. It can happen, but the odds are very slim. You should NOT let this fact get you down and blame yourself. Like others have said, turn off the computer and get involved where people can meet you in person. Go to the gym, go hiking..get outside. Join a meetup group. Dont always think of dating first, just get out and experience stuff. You are too young to be this discouraged. I think everyone wants instant results, and that's just not how life works. Some things take time. Meeting the right person usually does.
 stan_77
Msg: 6
view profile
History
really depressed...
Posted: 9/26/2012 6:50:41 PM
Renegade I draw your attention to the lyrics of a great song by the band Foreigner. I was going through the same situation as you back in 2011 . First you have to accept that its OK if "nothing happens". Then once you are OK with nothing happening, EVERYTHING will happen in an avalanche - the lyrics are as follows : = "This mountain I must climb, feels like the world upon my shoulders. Through the clouds I see love shine, it keeps me warm as life grows colder".
 Frogy27
Msg: 7
view profile
History
really depressed...
Posted: 10/6/2012 7:19:04 AM
OK am in same boat as this guy. i use online dateing to meet woman as i work 2nd shift 2 to 10 and don't have time to run around and date in the evening. And ware am from there is nothing to ever do in less you go to bar ever night. so it hard to meet ppl when you dont want to go to the bar.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > really depressed...