Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How far would you travel for sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NCGuy28269
Msg: 1
How far would you travel for sex?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Or I guess the question should be, "How far is too far to travel for sex?" Granted, POF has an option for people to hook up who are only looking for an intimate encounter so let's not turn this into a rant about how people should not just hook up for random sex.

I recently put up a post on another site looking for a casual hook up and I mentioned where I was located in the city. One girl replied and asked where I was because she was horny and wanted to hook up too. When I told her she replies back saying, "That's too far, I'm in the next city." I guess my question is this. The site that I was on has things broken down by the city. I posted in my city not here. She replied to my ad which said where I was but then all of a sudden, "that's too far." Well why did you reply in the first place? We were only about 30 miles apart.

My question is this. How far is too far to drive for sex? Fellas, would you drive 30 miles to hook up with a girl? Ladies, would you drive 30 miles to hook up with a guy if you were horny enough to reply to his ad?
 phoenix_55
Msg: 2
How far would you travel for sex?
Posted: 9/17/2012 5:09:21 AM
I'd drive down the street ... but only if Kevin Costner is waiting ;)
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/17/2012 5:13:52 AM
Maybe she saw that you're in "Law Enforcement" and figured you were out to entrap a prostitute for unlawful soliciting. Smart gal.
 Pinky127
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/17/2012 5:26:53 AM

Fellas, would you drive 30 miles to hook up with a girl? Ladies, would you drive 30 miles to hook up with a guy if you were horny enough to reply to his ad?

Firstly *I* would never reply to an ad for sex,lol,but im guessing *some* men would put NO restrictions on travelling if they were going to be getting some action at the end of it.
*shrug*
 NCGuy28269
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/17/2012 5:32:12 AM
Pinky,

Se replied to my ad so apparently she was looking too. Don't generalize all guys as just looking for sex. There are just as many women out there who want the casual hook up too. She replied to my ad knowing where I was then says, "that''s too far." It's like she was in DC ad replied to some guys ad in NY then tells him, "that's too far." Well, where did you think you were replying to?
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/17/2012 6:00:31 AM
About as far as it takes me to get to my bedroom, open my drawer and find BOB.

As for traveling for sex further then that ... it isn't going to happen.
Best of luck to you tho.
 laskoboo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2012 6:33:52 AM
Travel for sex?

LOL... how hilarious !
 Pinky127
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/17/2012 8:10:14 AM
About as far as it takes me to get to my bedroom, open my drawer and find BOB.

** Lol @ Umakeit - my first thought was a few steps.........to the bedroom!

*Edit* And,ncguy,i did say **some** men (not all.)
But,i still cant imagine many women having to pay for sex?
Its so readily available *shrug*
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/17/2012 8:42:23 AM
Based on the posts so far you would think that no one had ever pursued or participated in a long distance relationship. I have travelled as far as 400 km to meet women and part of the motivation to meet them was the possibility of a sexual relationship.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/17/2012 9:19:56 AM
It's not so much how far you would travel for sex, but if you're partner is located somewhere else and you want to have quality time for him or her... then travel becomes the issue. I traveled three year 1.5 hours, not a lot and not just for sex. It was no problem as I have friends in the city. It helps if both people are willing to meet half way or share the driving. I don't see it as a big deal but does make it harder on the relationship. It's so much easier when they are in the same city. Would I travel just for sex? No. Would I travel for a partner where sex was involved, quality time was given ? Absolutely!
 Inicia
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/17/2012 9:27:37 AM
If it was convenient to travel, and I didn't mind the expense, it can be a lot of fun to meet in the middle at a hotel. Or a hotel or out of town home...some people find driving itself an aphrodisiac part of the foreplay anticipation, that you are totally in control of the speed at which you alleviate the anticipation, in addition, the whole time you travel you are thinking about the encounter and planning for it creating even more adventure and priming. It can be very exciting..
 justlookingvt
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/17/2012 9:29:39 AM

I don't travel for sex.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/17/2012 10:02:23 AM
The farthest I've ever traveled for sex? Probably about 12 feet - from the kitchen out into the living room (but only because he was whining I was taking too long to clean the kitchen).
 0ldhag
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/17/2012 11:25:24 AM

Based on the posts so far you would think that no one had ever pursued or participated in a long distance relationship

Based on the posts no one apparently travels for sex at all!

I love how these types of threads draws out the people opposite of what the question asks about.. Where are all the people who sleep around? Because this page seems to be full of 'holier than thou' people who feel traveling for sex is below them

How far would I travel for sex?

I've traveled a hour before (because of traffic), but in the end it depends on how much I want it.
 josdar
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/17/2012 11:47:57 AM
I would drive thousands for the woman I loved, would not walk a foot for Chance for a casual desease...
 deerdog1
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/17/2012 11:50:58 AM
i have traveled hundreds of miles to be with a woman i cared for ..i have traveled hundreds of miles just to meet a woman whom i thought there was a chance i could care for ..was this for sex??..i dont rightly know on the former i knew sex was going to happen when i got there ..on the latter i hoped sex was in the making.. i guess it could be said that I have also paid up to 2 hundred dollars for sex ...well not directly .. i once rented a hotel room and paid $200.00..., so me and a woman whom i cared for could have sex ...knowing full well that we only had less than an hour but we used the room for less than an hour then drove away both in separate directions leaving the room unused for the rest of the night...an investment well worth the price

now how far would i drive just for sex ..or sex with someone i didnt care for or that i didnt have aspirations of caring for ..?? not an inch ..how much would i pay for sex ?...zero just for sex .. but it would be limited only by my situation if i cared for the woman

so OP me thinks you need to clarify your question
 HeartOn64
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/17/2012 12:34:44 PM
This situation seemed to be purely about instant gratification(very casual sex that was planned without caring for eachother at all)

now how far would i drive just for sex ..or sex with someone i didnt care for or that i didnt have aspirations of caring for ..?? not an inch ..how much would i pay for sex ?...zero just for sex .. but it would be limited only by my situation if i cared for the woman

Same here except change it to a man.Sex can be VERY motivating,but only if it comes together with mututal feelings and the option for more feelings and sex to come.
 m8t
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/17/2012 2:37:07 PM
There are many factors that would include how great the sex was :)
If its with someone worthy of turning my head, chances are Im going to be driving
a whole lot more than distance!

I dont mind an hour or two for the right person when they are compatible in many ways.
Anything more than that these days at gas prices is just too far for me.
 MsMicki
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2012 2:43:46 PM
0 miles for a stranger......

600 miles for a week long fukfest with a FWB!!
 billingsmason
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/17/2012 2:49:40 PM
Just for sex?
I had a lady drive 40 hrs from NY to NM and stay for 6 hours... lol, but we had a connection like I've never experienced before. I also made the trip, but stayed a lil longer.

Long distance relationships are different and very hard to maintain. Over a few hours drive makes it such a big deal to just visit, we've usually just stayed in for the weekend.

As far as just for sex? As in only to get off? Why would it be worth the hassle of going anywhere? I'm not going to spend time or money for just a physical relationship.
It would be easier to make friends that live close enough to have a FWB if that was the goal.

30 miles doesn't seem like a big deal at all- but this is the big sky state....
 SmileznChuckles
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/17/2012 3:36:41 PM
Would never travel for sex, or 'sexual relationship' or 'possibility of sexual relationship' with a stranger
For sex with an SO...of course I would

..having said, that..someone did drive 6 hours to meet me once..
 Lionesse19
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/17/2012 5:42:08 PM
I would say that no girl would have to travel too far if she is wanting casual sex. Men on the other hand, depends on how randy, will travel for a sure thing but really you cant be sure. The girl may be just playing you. No woman with self esteem risks sex with a stranger from the net. Get real.
 shy2anne
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/17/2012 6:04:00 PM
i didn't look at the other replies.
my response is, i wouldn't travel for sex.
i mean, if someone i liked and knew and had a crush on..and lived a couple of miles away.. and i could trust (to be honest with me about diseases, etc) because i live in a pretty small, close community..i would drive a few miles.
otherwise, i am not desperate.
i can "handle myself", if you know what i mean.
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/17/2012 6:39:21 PM

0 miles for a stranger......

600 miles for a week long fukfest with a FWB!!

Ah, this is why I love MsMicki's posts!

I've been driving 2, 2.5 hours a few times a year for the past five and a half years for my FWB. We've also met in Boston and DC on business trips. The journeys have been almost as good as the destination.

(Pffft, who am I kidding? The anticipation is hot, but NOTHING is better than being there.) ~wink~
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/17/2012 6:41:17 PM
As a private pilot, I once flew from Atlanta, GA to Greenville, SC---but sex was only part of the deal, and fuel was much cheaper back then.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How far would you travel for sex?