Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Meet a girl, inches away from her being my girl....but...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TeacherBeacher
Msg: 1
Meet a girl, inches away from her being my girl....but...Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Meet a girl here, even on facebook communicated.
1st date awesome at Starbucks, over 2 hours and then dinner.

2nd date, movies (Ted) had a blast, then a small beach side bar, little dancing, and more nice convo. I took her hand, walked along the beach at night, and kissed her with a shooting star seen by both when we were done.

Suprised her the next week with flowers at her theatre (she acts). She loved to see me.

Then...
She goes to N Carolina for family for a week. I stay in touch texting. Next weekend she does theatre again so she wasnt available to go out again. Next weekend I asked to meet up but she had friend comminentment. Next weekend something else.
Called her after that weekend and she dropped the bomb that she had a boyfriend. She said she really really liked me but asked to stay friends because of her current situation...I said "I don't know if I can, most likely no, we set the bar at potential relationship that night, I can't lower it mentally"

so should I remain friends just for the pontiental that she becomes avaible again?
And if yes should I maintain a healthy/funny line of communication on facebook or just go cold turkey?
 TeacherBeacher
Msg: 2
Meet a girl, inches away from her being my girl....but...
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:39:25 PM
Over the phone when she told me she had one....she said "I took the easy way out, I say you stopped texting for a couple of days and just chicken out because I know we have chemistry"
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:39:25 PM
Run the other way...not worth the effort. o.O
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:39:35 PM
No, more on, She played you. Take her off facebook. Why would you want to wait around for something, that wont happen. Good Luck
 DesertKat
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:39:52 PM
NO!!! If you're asking for advice that is??? If you stay friends with her, you'll always have in the back of your mind that you want her. You won't ever be able to be REAL friends with her. She's playing you, and playing the man she's with. He was clearly not giving her whatever attention she needed and that's why she went on some dates. Then when he came back around, she dropped you like a basketball! Bounced your ass a few times....then finally...just threw you away.
Leave her alone. You're clearly a good guy. Good looking..and romantic to boot! You'll find someone who is emotionally available to you. I have no doubt about that.
Gawwwd games are annoying when you're the puppet! haha Good luck!
 kgibbs1234
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:40:09 PM
Walk away, my friend. She's dishonest and disloyal. Why would you want to hold out for someone with those qualities?
 gcdeb
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:41:14 PM
Would you be ok with her kissing other men if she was YOUR girlfriend?

My advice would be close the door on ANY relationship with her. She is a cheater.
 TeacherBeacher
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:41:15 PM
She was single all the way up to AFTER the third time when I surprised her at the theater... apparently she hooked up between all those busy weekends.
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:43:59 PM
So is she seeing someone she's committed to but dating on the side with guys like you, or is she lying about having a boyfriend to keep you in line? And why would you want to be with a woman who does either one of those things? If her behavior doesn't bother you, then yes, be her friend/side-kick and wait for her to be available for whatever it is that she does with guys on the side.
 Maleman999
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:51:25 PM

She was single all the way up to AFTER the third time when I surprised her at the theater... apparently she hooked up between all those busy weekends.

Doesn't that tell you something? Do you need to be hit with a clue by four to figure it out?
 TeacherBeacher
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/18/2012 7:54:25 PM
she wasn't that type of girl.
I am dating others.
She will be my first "the one that got away" though.
Smart, cultured, witty, cute.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/18/2012 8:02:05 PM
I was drawn in by the title of your thread I was expecting you to be telling us that you came up a couple of inches short of her standards for an acceptable male either in the vertical or the horizontal postion... Pity..
 gcdeb
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/19/2012 12:56:29 AM

so should I remain friends just for the pontiental that she becomes avaible again?
And if yes should I maintain a healthy/funny line of communication on facebook or just go cold turkey?
I gather from your follow up posts that she wasn't cheating on anyone. Sounds like she was dating you at the same time, or just before, she met the other guy and started dating him?

If you stay 'friends' with her, and you hope that there might be the potential for something in the future, then you need to keep your distance (on facebook and in real life). Otherwise you will be friendzoned. So make it clear to her that you respect her current decision but she knows where you are if things change.
 tampasmiles
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/19/2012 1:36:07 AM
Sounds like you were in the "friend zone" from the beginning. One kiss does not relationship make.
If you remain friends, I would never expect to be more than a friend.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/19/2012 2:39:04 AM
move on..she may or may not have a boyfriend..but u layed it on pretty heavy from the beginning.Flowers a little too soon..and a little too needy.This is a perfect example of why a guy has to ask b/f and recent relationship questions early on. Drop the friend-zone thingy and move on quickly..it sounds like u are already emotionally 'invested'. She played you..and now u want something u cant have..feels good huh?
 lightningman1
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/19/2012 3:13:06 AM
It makes you wonder if Relationships are really worth the effort.
As they only lead to disappointment and misery.
 0ldhag
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/19/2012 9:20:16 AM
Stay friends??

No way in hell...

What an aweful thing to do to a person! People can be so mean.

If you have a boyfriend, your taken..you dont go out with other people..

Just imagine you two getting together..i'd bet a million she'd cheat on you in a second...

Block her.
 TeacherBeacher
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/19/2012 3:10:28 PM
No she didn't have a boyfriend at the time.
I know for sure she liked me for boyfriend material.
In the end I'll keep her on facebook, I just won't initiate any conversations and act indifferent when she speaks to me
 Stormwolf
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2012 3:16:35 PM

Sure, but get ready for her to do that to you. Don't think for a second you are so special it won't happen to you.
If your fine with sharing.... you have found the one.
 2hotcougar
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/19/2012 4:19:20 PM
she should have been honest at the first and told you she had a boyfriend so as not to lead you on and get hurt feelings my heart breaks for you sweetie but love will come to you in time
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/19/2012 4:47:21 PM
Quite all communication effective immediately. Any more contact will make you appear more weak to her. Also, do not wait around for her. That shows a great disregard for you time and if you do not care about your time....why should she care about it?
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/20/2012 3:51:55 AM
unless u can bang her on the side..why bother?
 newonthescene76
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 4:35:50 AM
Ok, so you say she didn't have a boyfriend while you went on your two dates. OK, if you want to believe that (and I wouldn't be surprised if the "family" weekend trip was really with this other guy) and you feel that she was receptive to being more than friends, in the end she still picked the other guy over you. Meaning that you are her SECOND choice. Why would you accept sticking around for someone who would pick someone over you?

As for hanging around waiting for the relationship to fail--nothing is less attractive than the last choice guy hanging around begging for scraps. You should forget her and find someone who makes you her first choice.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 6:17:05 AM
Just inches away? Perhaps penis enlargement products will help with that.

But seriously, I agree with the vast majority here who say you are better off without her. Learn from it, and move on.
 abmccray
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 7:42:32 AM
Actually, everything goes bad after this:

Suprised her the next week with flowers at her theatre (she acts). She loved to see me.

Since the "loved to see him" is only from his perspective; it seems like something around this time made her lose attraction to him (and probably gain more attraction towards someone else she was going out with, if the boyfriend thing isn't just an excuse).

Since they were FB friends, it's doubtful that she had a boyfriend the whole time, as that's usually evident on social networking sites (unless the OP is just that oblivious).
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Meet a girl, inches away from her being my girl....but...