Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > First love/ first kiss      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
First love/ first kissPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
It is always a time to reflect when one has a loss of another that was a part of your life in a special way.

Think about those that you were very close to, and they are now gone, those that you did all those things in the back seat of your car, on the beach, skinny dipping, and enjoying each other in and out of bed, and now they are gone. To young, but still gone.

It is a part of maturing that comes with those memories.......losing those special moments and adventures that you shared with another, and now they can not remember them, but you still can. I guess I am aging to the point that I have had a number of those that I adventured with, in many ways, that have decided to pass on, and I continue living and enjoying the next adventure while smiling with fondness for those times long ago, with such selected companions.

cd
 zippytwo
Msg: 10
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/20/2012 10:05:12 AM
I remember my first 'real' kiss...we were around 12 or 13, his name was Steven. He had red hair and wore glasses...and a preferential 'type' of man was then imprinted on my brain...red hair and glasses always attracted me. It was an 'arms around each other, close body, passionate kiss' and I'll never forget it. We ended up going to different high schools and we lost touch, I don't know what happened to Steven...
 Paderic
Msg: 13
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/20/2012 6:04:50 PM
I have no clue what became of the first girl I ever kissed. I don't live in my hometown, so I don't hear much about people from my school days.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 15
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/20/2012 9:09:12 PM
My first "real" kiss...I'll never forget it. I was 14. And he was my first big crush. It was dusk, snow had begun to fall and he was walking me home. I remember seeing the foot prints we were leaving behind.

As we drew nearer to my home I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen once we arrived at my door. My heart rate had picked up considerably. My thoughts were muddled.
I didn't have to wait long. Ever so slowly he moved towards me and very gently, tilted my chin up before laying the softest, most sweetest kiss I can ever remember.... I was left me breathless.

Afterwards, part of me wanted to run screaming up the stairs and call my best friend, and yet...part of me didn't want to share that kiss. I wanted to savour it, keep it for myself.

I don't know how long I sat on my bed reliving every moment, running my fingers across my lips.

And yes.....some memories are forever.

...mae
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 16
view profile
History
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/20/2012 9:48:15 PM
You lucky people....my first kiss came from springer spaniel, and she got hit by a car.
 Walts
Msg: 17
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/21/2012 4:31:50 AM
I've scratched my head for the last 15 minutes trying to remember that first kiss. I can't. :( Now, my first fish, that I remember. And the old man that was first to start educating me on nature and fishing. He died before I hit 10 years old. My first funeral.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 18
view profile
History
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/21/2012 6:16:29 AM
I remember my first kiss. His name was Jerry. We were 12 at the time. I had thought he was the hottest thing since sliced bread but had no idea he liked me. It was late fall, almost winter. A bunch of us had been hanging out at a friends's house in the backyard. Jerry pulled me behind a big oak tree and gave me my first kiss....omg yes, as with mae, it was magical. Couldn't believe he did it! lol...we puppy loved it for a while after that for a while. Never have looked him up and perhaps I should. OP sorry for your loss hun but at same time, thank you for posting something that brought back a wonderful memory!
 jojoaus
Msg: 20
view profile
History
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/22/2012 3:37:24 AM
My first kiss... there were 3 of them in a way. Kiss 1- Ivan. Total bad boy. I was 11 he was 12. We were 'timed'... the observers got to 12 before we pulled away. Kiss 2- first love. James. We had the same initials and he used a magnifying glass to burn them on the sole of my shoe. Sweet kiss, but again in the presence of his best friend. We were 12 or 13. Kiss 3- Kevin. The lead in our high school musical. My first french kiss... but again in front of a crowd... the cast of the musical. He muttered under hid breath 'oh WOW' afterwards. He cemented my love of kissing.

OP... so sad to say goodbye to your first kiss but the memories never die do they. Sweet thread xx
 afixerupper
Msg: 24
view profile
History
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/27/2012 6:40:22 PM
I never kissed anyone until I was 20 years old... we were in a museum, and he kissed me, and we were right near the rest room. I excused myself and went in there and my knees were so weak I could almost not stand... I felt delerious... and I composed myself and washed my hands and went out and sat down next to him, and tried to play it cool... lol...
 rdcnorm
Msg: 27
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/28/2012 5:32:06 AM
My first Kiss,, I was 5 and Marry Ann was 8, I built a fort in my back yard, She used to come over and play with me, One day out of the blue,, there we were kissing in my fort,,She put me on the road to my sexuality,,I loved kissing then and love t now,

Sadly,, when I was 15, my friend Val was hit and killed by a car,, Then when I was 21, my friend Donna who was 18 was in a car accident and died, I miss them both,, then later on in life my fist wife Peggy, and my second wife Penny 15 yrs of marriage, they both died of cancer, Now I am sad,, although wonderful memories,, enough said..
 prettyflowers
Msg: 28
view profile
History
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/28/2012 7:54:59 AM
Yes, the very first boy I kissed was in 1st grade and his name was Charlie....He died a few years ago, my sister called me to tell me about his death. She also said, "Remember, he was the first boy you ever kissed?" I did remember that and I was surprised she did as well. it was a cute little memory for me
 DragonBits
Msg: 29
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:05:39 AM
I think my first kiss was at about 17, playing spin the bottle at a next door neighbors house. Don't remember her name and I didn't kiss anyone again until about 21, Didn't date anyone until maybe 19.

I went to an all boys high school, and an engineering college that was 90% men. Even my first full time job had zero women employed at the plant (I don't recall any women, there must have been 1-2 in some office), where I was a chemist for a year. So part of this is that I had never been around women, part is being short which limits meeting someone in a bar setting, part is just my nature.

But I was with my first GF Alice for 10 years, exclusive for 5, most all of my relationships are long term. Even those relationships that were obviously never going to become anything more than friendly sex are longer term. I don't recall my first kiss with Alice, but I do recall our first everything else. I had heard she had gotten married and then recently was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. I am still friends with one of her best friends. She remained the sexual standard by which I judged other relationships, now my current wife sets a new standard.

I expect the pattern in my youth remains, I don't get very excited about casual sexual relationships, they lack intimacy, have little erotic potential and likely to quickly become boring. I don't have any moral reservations about different types of relationships, just have developed very high standards for engaging in erotic / sexual relationships early on. The only one that has died that I was close to has been my father.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 30
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 9/28/2012 10:33:34 AM
First kiss and first love were not the same fella. First kiss, I was nine, and he'd lured me into the bushes outside our class room and "stole" a kiss. I slapped him. He slapped me back. Really changed my view of men, and safe behavior forever, lol!

First love, same year. A friend of my Aunt's visiting. He was ten years older, and I asked him (through my mother) to marry me, and wait for me till I was 14. . . . He said he would. He didn't. He married my cousin when I was thirteen, and broke ma heart. Twenty years later he was widowed, and came courting. Thought he was sweet, but nothing else. Saw him again at my mother's funeral. Not a happy fella -- the woman he did married was in no way a nice human being (no, *he* didn't say so -- family stories abounded). We had a short sweet talk, with lotsa sighs. . . . He's my friend on facebook. As are several of his kids.
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 31
view profile
History
First love/ first kiss
Posted: 10/17/2012 4:54:42 PM
It just occured to me, I dont remember the first kiss. I remember the other firsts- if you know what I mean.

Now im going to be up 1/2 the night thinking about this.

Sorry for your loss though. I would reflect back on that person if I knew they passed away.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > First love/ first kiss