Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I just have a question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prettyflowers
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I just have a questionPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I saw a post earlier about a girl who has been abused by her boyfriend, one of the men who responded said to wait 3 months and contact her at that time. He said it was part of the "formula". Is this true that men feel they can contact the woman that they were dumped by or who they dumped? Is this like the "wait 3 days to call after the first date?" I am just curious if men have a method to their madness. It all strikes me funny.
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I just have a question
Posted: 9/20/2012 9:25:18 AM
The things some people say on here leave me feeling dumber for having read it. There is no formula. The idea that there is some magic formula is absurd. However, the reality that some people will allow abusers back into their lives after a bit of a cool-down period, is a very sad fact.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 3
view profile
History
I just have a question
Posted: 9/20/2012 9:28:23 AM
Like I said,I was curious....Like I said, it is just a question. Thank you for taking the time to answer.
 daynadaze
Msg: 4
view profile
History
I just have a question
Posted: 9/20/2012 11:52:56 AM
In drama filled relationships many times the point of the game is to leave and come back for more, it ups the drama big time. So for those seeking lots of drama & attention from it, sure, most times you can go back after awhile and pick up where you've left off. The dysfunctional aren't looking to make sense, just to use and be used.
 OKgirl529
Msg: 5
I just have a question
Posted: 9/20/2012 12:30:55 PM
Heh. My ex (who was verbally abusive as well as physical) texted me last night after about 2-3 months of no contact. Stating he wanted his stuff back. I said Yeah just let me know when and where. He then started ranting about how he didn't want to talk to me anymore, I was just another "rock in the road", and how he can't believe he was wanting to spend his life with me, etc. It's just odd him texting out of the blue just to cut me down again. Ughh, whatever.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 6
view profile
History
I just have a question
Posted: 9/21/2012 8:39:21 AM
Post under Relationships: By Abbxo-Breaks Ups...Page 2, I think. Response from Clarkcan5
 Walts
Msg: 7
I just have a question
Posted: 9/22/2012 5:25:55 AM

Wait 3 days, give him 24 hours to respond, add a week, add 3 dates till sex, and minus a year for every relationship you've had = Christmas?

I like Christmas!!!!!! Santa. Sugar. Booze. Food. Anddddddddd, presents!!!!!! Who doesn't like presents????!!!!
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 8
I just have a question
Posted: 9/22/2012 7:08:08 AM
I was once physically abused by my ex fiance. The police statement was taken and photo's were taken by my GP.
A month went by and my ex (in his own word's)..."Can we meet up cause a month has gone by". I'm wondering why he want's to meet up.
It turn's out he wanted to appologise. We met in a public place, he began to cry and he appologised for what he had done.
I accepted his appology UNTIL he said "I'm so glad we are back together" WTF?
I made it quite clear that thing's were still OVER!
Some women/men may forgive after time has passed, some have been so hurt that it does not matter how much time passes.
When it comes to abusive relationship's there is never a good time to take someone back.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I just have a question