Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eagle Fish
Msg: 1
Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture in their profile?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
This is a question for both men and women: Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture in their profile?

I heard from someone that they would only e-mail another who at least has a facial picture and a full body shot picture. The reasoning is they don’t want to be surprised when they have a meet and greet. What are your thoughts?

To help the forum discussion I have included some links.

We all know the old saying, "A picture says a thousand words." But when it comes to dating sites, quite often the pictures I find say nothing but, "Back away.... back away NOW!"

How many pictures?
It's best to have more than one picture. Two is enough, eight is too many. At least one of them should show your face close up. Women should have at least three photos - one of your face close-up, one of your entire body, and one something of in-between.

A good profile photo should be a current honest reflection of you - on your own.

http://edatingtipsadvice.com/?q=content/photo-impressions

How Many Photos Should You Post?

Some people just put one picture up… others believe the more, the merrier.

http://www.match.com/magazine/article/4479/

The 4 Big Myths of Profile Pictures

analyzing three primary things:
» Facial Attitude. Is the person smiling? Staring straight ahead? Doing that flirty lip-pursing thing?
» Photo Context. Is there alcohol? Is there a pet? Is the photo outdoors? Is it in a bedroom?
» Skin. How much skin is the person showing? How much face? How much breasts? How much ripped abs?

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-4-big-myths-of-profile-pictures/

Thank you ahead of time for your input.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 2
Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture in their profile?
Posted: 9/21/2012 8:35:33 AM
I would contact someone without a full body photo and I take no notice of the descriptions as they are so relative. People so often look different than their photos anyway so until you meet them in person, it's all just packaging.

If the face is appealing in some way and if the profile interests me, I'll send a message. I don't often get a reply, but I'll send a message !
 c_deacon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture in their profile?
Posted: 9/21/2012 8:48:22 AM
Contact yes.....meet no!

If I find a picture attractive and it draws my attention, I will answer those that contact me, and will contact those that move me, but once there and getting to know each other, more pictures should follow, and/or using a cam before we do the meet and greet thing.

Far to many post a picture or pictures of themselves that are what they think they look like, or did at one time, but now, not so much, so reality is a must or that meet and greet will go no where because my expectations will burst with the real, and then there is little to no chance of making any reality work!

cd
 TedJMill
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2012 10:34:23 AM
I've met with women who didn't have any picture, so yes. Looks aren't important to me.
 pescando75
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/21/2012 11:50:58 AM
If it seems they are doing the convenient "hide behind the closest person/object" in every photo, or the facial closeup is so close you can't get a sense of the size of the neck and how many chins are attached, yeah, I need more photos.
Took one meeting with someone who said she ran marathons but was "a few pounds extra" and had the partial photo conditions listed above to teach me this lesson. If your thighs rub when you walk, that is one short marathon. Too bad, as she was fun to talk to. But it just seemed so disingenuous on her part, and she even looked a little sheepish/apologetic when we first made eye contact at our meet and greet. So yeah, I want to know there is an attraction before meeting.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/21/2012 3:17:50 PM
If she has an awesome head-shot I may risk it.
I mainly go by the eyes anyway.
so don't need a full body shot to know if she is potentially my type.
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/21/2012 4:18:48 PM
I'm far more hesitant about talking with someone who doesn't have a picture showing his teeth. Every guy I've met who had his teeth concealed in pictures ended up having bad teeth. It's such a turn-off.

As for the full body shot, I don't think it's required if there seems to be enough in the pictures to gauge his size. I think women are more guilty of hiding their true size than men are, so I haven't had a problem with it.
 AnnB72
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/21/2012 5:31:17 PM
Yes.
Unless there was an obvious attempt to hide something, a profile with no full body picture doesn't worry me.
I'm more concerned with people looking nothing like their headshots!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/21/2012 5:51:53 PM
I'm not the least bit attracted to out-of-shape men. I might contact men whose profiles looked interesting, but who didn't have a full-body shot---as long they described themselves as thin or athletic and their picture supported their description.

If they looked jowly, or had a double chin, I would ask them to provide a full-body shot. If they refused, I wouldn't continue to communicate with them. My time is valuable, and I'm not going to squander it on those who would intentionally try to mislead others by being vague about their body type. Ditto with teeth.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/21/2012 6:21:38 PM

Yes; but I would act accordingly.

Heck; there are girls in my area who's bodies look at different weights and ages in every pic!
 brisco414
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/21/2012 7:02:19 PM
Headshots may look great. But the reality is that even when they post a full body shot be prepared for disappointment. Sometimes they are more then "athletic and toned", "average" or "a few extra pounds" only *they* don't think so.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/21/2012 8:34:29 PM
I have one picture up and seven more available should anyone wish to see them. Some are full body shots and others are not. There is always a cam if you really doubt the profile pictures. What gets me is men that contact you without a picture of their own and ask you for more pictures. I had this conversation today with a man that had no profile picture at all. Saw all of mine, then asked if we could meet!? Like that's going to happen. He wouldn't send a pic either he said I can see the full body when we meet. Sorry, not happening. I really don't need to meet you that bad if you can't produce a picture. Net or no net if you want to encourage someone to message let alone meet you. Have a picture ready and available. And whatever you do make sure it's recent! When I meet a man I want to hear him say you look exactly like your pictures!
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/21/2012 9:41:35 PM
I'll talk to anyone. But I won't meet someone until I know.

Just like almost everyone in the world, there's things I'm attracted to and things I'm not. I don't want to waste my time talking to someone, getting to the point of meeting her, just to find out I'm not attracted to her
 LinuxD
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2012 11:27:03 PM
Yes. i have in times past and have been both shocked and pleasantly surprised... what matters more is if they are honest and forthcoming during conversation.
 vestaceres
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/22/2012 7:49:29 AM
It doesn't matter to me. I don't prioritize looks. What I do expect is honesty and photos don't always reveal that instantly.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/23/2012 10:48:10 AM
I would contact them as long as they had a pic clearly showing their face. A full body shot is nice, but not absoultly necessary. What if you meet & he walks really funny?
I met a guy who walked so funny, on the balls of his feet, kinda springy, with his feet so far out to the side, he looked like a penquin gone wrong. He tripped me a few times because his feet were so far out to the sides, & he looked so comical the way he walked, especially when he tried to speed up & walk fast. I learned very quickly to not walk close to him or those duck feet would trip me!
It was such a turnoff. I wasn't attracted to his personality, & his feet & walk totally turned me off.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 3:29:03 PM
No, I don't need a full body shot as long as the pics are not extreme close ups.
 fstwrtr11
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/28/2012 4:57:15 PM
I think we are all fooling ourselves if we dont think attraction is the mainstay of initial contact. Iv seen this work a few ways:
1. A new comer puts a profile up making all sorts of demands, expectations and restrictions on people, as a condition of contact. then after learning the ropes,( and not getting any inquiries) they soften a bit and back off their demands.. This may include body shots..

2. An attractive person gets so many inquiries that they place limitations on who contacts them, as a way of filtering out the ones without clear, unobstructed pictures, so as to avoid endlessly meeting people they know the odds are against.

I would have to say that 99% of the people who do not require body shots are either not looking for intimacy, or they have been " Blessed" in ways other then an attractiveness.
 DomG79
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/29/2012 5:04:01 PM

If I find a picture attractive and it draws my attention, I will answer those that contact me, and will contact those that move me, but once there and getting to know each other, more pictures should follow, and/or using a cam before we do the meet and greet thing.

I agree with this. It has been the reason why I have ended correspondence in the past.
 marinchik
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/29/2012 5:37:36 PM
I would not contact that person. I once went on date with a guy who did not have a full body picture on his profile. I was very disappointing when we met. Firs of all, he was shorter than his profile stated. Second of all, he has some kind of defect with his legs. There I was wearing high heels. That is just my experience.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/1/2012 10:11:42 PM
Yes, I would....and I have.

I have even contacted and MET women with NO pic at all.

Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't.

It's an adventure.
 L0thari0
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/2/2012 12:06:34 AM
It depends. How many chins does she have?
 aussiesealady
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/2/2012 2:03:16 AM
Very few of the men I have met from here look anything like their photos so it does not really matter.
Oh and very few are actually what they say they are as well.

So if I can recognise them at the first meet that is a plus.
 PumpkinGuns
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/2/2012 2:20:55 AM
I have met men who used a full body photo. Now, who it belonged to or how old it was is another question. Photos mean nothing on here anymore. People still are delusional with how they feel they are built and most will BS thinking that we will fall for their ever so fake charming self.
 Dark Owl
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2012 4:19:25 PM
This is nothing but people applying logic to a pretty irrational reaction. You don't really know why you feel attracted to a 6'0'' guy or a 5'3'' woman, but the fact is that you are, and when you do you don't get your measuring tape to take samples, but when you fill in the form for POF (or any other dating site for that matter) you're asked to choose a number and you go with your instincts.

The problem is that while your instincts, in real life, are very general and somewhat vague, a computer does not understand that, in POF, if(user.height 6.0) but(user.personality == charming) and.....).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture in their profile?