Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The most loving thing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rdcnorm
Msg: 2
The most loving thing Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

What was the most loving thing he/she did for you?

I could write a wonderful book about both the women I loved in my time,,But I will answer it this way,,they allowed me to love them with who I am as a man,, and never expected anything more, and in return I did the same,,
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 11:57:14 AM
Which one?

Then the ones that put up with me.
Those are the real sweet guys.

"Cramps/grumpy? " "No problem I'll make the bed, vacuum and get it PERFECT juuuuuuuuuust the way you like it."
"Need chocolate?"
"ANYTHING????"

A trip that was well planned in advance with a new BF that looked just like Gregg Allman when he was hot.
I had my "issue" that weekend.
We sat around a campfire with a small bottle of Southern Comfort listening to Bob Seiger and he drove MILES to a store to buy "stuff" for me.

No intimacy and that was to be THE weekend .

When a man/guy is put out or disappointed, but doesn't let on or act like a baby is the best.
 prettyflowers
Msg: 12
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 1:18:30 PM
His love...I didn't realize that he really loved me..I have no regrets...I had it, I felt it...I screwed it up...I hope he finds the love of his life...I think I might of been it...But like I said...I messed it up. God bless him and keep him safe
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 15
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 2:06:18 PM
^^^
You got off topic there bucko.

Criticizing others is two threads down.
This one is about GOOD things.

If you don't have any thing good to type,
give it a pass.
 1964armymom
Msg: 16
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 2:10:11 PM
My exhusband encouraged me to quit my fulltime job and be a mom /wife fulltime. I didn't want to at first, it took over a year for me to do it. But I am so very thankful that I had those years at home.
 Walts
Msg: 22
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 4:02:16 PM
My ex carried my daughter to full term and gave birth to our daughter. The one and only gift that ANYONE gave me that I actually cherish with all my heart. I still thank her every so often, when she isn't acting like a biatch.
 webmdtech
Msg: 24
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 5:14:46 PM
we rolled one night and she asked me to listen to Incubas "The Warmth", the song said :

So don't let the world bring you down
Not everyone here is that f*cked up and cold
Remember why you came and while you're alive
Experience the warmth before you grow old

I don't know if its because I was rolling, but i just felt all my emotional walls came crushing down, I told myself that night that i would never cheat on her or ever give her a reason to be sad. Basically i fell in love with her that night and for the next five years i truly had the best years of my life with her.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 31
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 11:52:11 PM
~OP~ Great thread. Nice to read loving things vs. the norm here.

~OT~ Well, this is a different kind of love, since it was my son and not a romantic-love-interest. Before he died, we had a conversation in which he was trying to set me up on a date with his former football coach. I declined (MUCH too young for me) and in a sort of sad/somber voice, he made me promise that (at some point in my future) to "let someone love you again." I did make the promise. That was our last verbal conversation. I hope he's peeking from wherever he is, because I kept that promise. So I guess it's two "most loving things" for me. My son loving me enough to tell me not to grow old all alone and my SO having the courage to go this route with me. Bless both their hearts.
 five-marie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/28/2012 6:32:26 AM
First marriage, I was about 20. My husband came in with a huge shopping bag and asked me questions before he pulled each item out.
"What do you complain about each morning"? Me, "Nothing to wear". He pulled out a sweater. (God awful ugly but that was okay).
"What do you spend the most time looking for in the morning?" Me," panty hose." He pulled out 5 pair.
This went on and on with books, gum, etc.
He had walked around shopping trying his hardest to buy me everything I needed. Nothing expensive, everything very thoughtful.
It was his time and thoughtfulness that has left this the number one memory of what a loved one has done for me.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 33
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:49:14 AM
This was a strange thing to come to mind, but it was my first thought, so I"ll type it.

I formed a connection with someone on Second Life, a virtual reality world, who was there (mostly) to explore his submissive side. One day I was having a bad day and when he asked how I was, I said irritated, but didn't want to talk about it. He came to my "house" and assumed the nadu position in front of me. It's a position of submission and openness. I was given permission by the gesture to to be and do whatever I wanted. I looked at him and felt love for the offer. I resumed the building work I was doing on my house, saying nothing for a long time, and he just stayed there open to me. I became completely calm, knowing I could vent or dump things on him or whatever if I wanted. We stayed almost silent about an hour and a half before I told him 'Thank you, you can go". I found it a terribly loving gesture.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 35
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/28/2012 2:00:50 PM

OMG! A woman who is actually OK with guys that are broke, & you actually appreciate things other than material items or restaurants that cost a lot. Why aren't there women like you over here in North America?

^^^^^^^^^^^
Its not your money ( lack of).
Its your attitude about it.

Why whining like a ****** on a nice thread?

Most women in any country will take happy hour (2 beers for one with free wings) with a guy that is attractive to them with a great attitude.
People have to BLAME something on not being in demand I guess.

Op I changed my mind.
I bless all the working class men that have taken me out on their dime with a smile when they needed a new TAR on their Pinto.
 irish_smackie
Msg: 44
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 10:23:55 AM
The most loving thing for me was with my daughter... she had brain surgery a little over a year ago (she was 18), and when she woke up from the surgery, still groggy from the anesthesia, and I was terrified about the long term effects of the surgery. I wondered if she would recognize me, or be able to speak? Would she be in pain? She motioned me closer, closer, closer... so close I thought she wanted to whisper something in my ear... and then she took my hand, and leaned in close, and kissed my cheek. She went back to sleep, but didn't let go of my hand.

I still cry when I think of it.

My ex husband once stood out in the pouring rain under a broken umbrella to make me "breakfast in bed" while we were camping. That was probably the most romantic thing anyone ever did for me.
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 49
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/30/2012 8:09:27 AM
He ran a bath for me and when I hopped in he brought me a crayfish sandwich with a glass of strongbow dry cider.
They were the good ol day's!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The most loving thing