Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > cancel account/still charged?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ellesbelles86
Msg: 1
cancel account/still charged?Page 1 of 1    
Hey, I'm an upgraded member and I want to cancel my account. If I cancel it, that means that they won't have my credit info and continuously charging me, right?

Thanks.

- Ella
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 2
cancel account/still charged?
Posted: 10/6/2012 3:56:31 PM
I'm not an upgraded member but I just had a look at the Terms of Service and found this..

Automatic Renewal
Paid Memberships are subscriptions. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. You agree that your account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature. If you do not wish your account to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, please log in and go your Account page and opt out of automatic renewal of your purchase. If you opt out of automatic renewal after your purchase, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. You won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. Paid Memberships cannot be transferred to any other account. By subscribing to the Paid Membership, you authorize Plentyoffish to bill the credit card you provided now and again at the beginning of any subsequent subscription period. You also authorize Plentyoffish to charge you for any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your subscription payments.

If I were you, I would go through these steps first before deleting your account. Hope that helps.
 gcdeb
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/6/2012 4:30:34 PM

that means that they won't have my credit info and continuously charging me, right?
Definitely make sure you cancel the automatic renewal process before deleting your account.
 ellesbelles86
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/6/2012 4:36:34 PM
Thanks guys. I did that and wanted to double check I did the right thing. Best, Ella.
 KingyoKutie
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/22/2015 9:17:07 AM
How do you access this account page? All mine does is direct me to my Paypal. I see nothing on POF for an auto renewal.
 g3mini1969
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/14/2016 5:49:26 PM
the terms and conditions say there is on 'opt out' on the Accounts page, but I agree, there isn't. Just a link to PayPal - did you figure out how to stop the renewal??
thanks!
 Ewiggin101
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/9/2016 10:29:29 AM
If you're using PayPal, You have to go to your "pre-approved transactions" and cancel it there

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_manage-paylist

that link worked for me, But in the new paypal, Click on the gear at the top and the bottom right should provide a link to pre-approved transactions
 MichaelaK13
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/21/2017 10:17:08 AM
I am not an upgraded member and never have been and my account just got charged $81.00 today?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/21/2017 10:50:50 AM
How did POF get your credit card information?
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/21/2017 11:05:33 AM
And she's showing as an upgraded user now. How odd...
 goodtimes624
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/12/2017 9:55:41 AM
i was charged $38.70 and i dont want the membership any more.
 ForumLurker
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/12/2017 4:49:47 PM

i was charged $38.70 and i dont want the membership any more.

Got your wish!
 sandralolo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 11:05:23 PM
I had upgraded my account but have not seen any upgrade that I had made. On May 10th 2018. Please cancel my subscription and reimburse my credit card#5672. Thank you
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > cancel account/still charged?