Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > I want to know what I am doing wrong. No, I need to know.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 irish_smackie
Msg: 2
I want to know what I am doing wrong. No, I need to know.Page 1 of 1    
You need a better photo (lose that t-shirt, and find something nicer), and you might want to think about what kind of relationship you are looking for. Girls your age are generally interested in finding "the one", not "hook ups".

BTW - Like your first date description... very romantic!
 mrjon32
Msg: 3
view profile
History
I want to know what I am doing wrong. No, I need to know.
Posted: 10/9/2012 4:44:13 AM
For the love of all that is good, get a different shirt. other than that, I'm not going to offer any suggestions because I might get myself in trouble, not because of you, just in a really bad mood today because of the females on these sites.
Posted: 10/9/2012 8:06:02 AM
You want honest?

I'll try and put this nice.

You look poor.

Most women in your age range are starting careers or have just finished school and want someone that looks like they have something going on.

Ditch the picture and go outside, not in a 1984 Fleetwood fake wood paneled room.
Sorry, but it's the truth.

People judge esp the younger ones you will find attractive.
Let them get to know you as a person and not have a preconceived notion about you due to a bad choice in a picture.

You could be at aunt Sarahs 90th birthday party but ...........
 bucsgirl
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/9/2012 8:12:36 AM
You're in school full time (and also work) so you aren't really established in your life. But hey, you're 25, get the MOST out of the dollars being spent for your education and don't worry about trying to find someone to date or expect to find a lifetime partner. Consider this motherly advice. Girls can pick up on the vibe when a guy is looking "too hard" and it makes us want to run. Keep you focus on school and enjoying your life, you'll be more likely to ATTRACT someone. Happy people are much more attractive!
 femaleconnection
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/9/2012 8:47:45 AM
Your profile is basically an Ad.

No offence, but your Ad sucks.

This is a visual medium, so get pics of you actually living, doing things. Showcase yourself. I always got the most mail and comments on pics of me doing things outside. It gives the viewer a little glimpse of what you may be like offline.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/9/2012 9:25:03 AM
You are bald but say you have black hair. You want to "hang out." This means you can't afford to take a girl out. And I personally think your First Date section is corny. You want some amazingly beautiful woman that you can't take your eyes off, but look at how you have presented yourself in your photo? If that is really what you look like, how realistic is it for you to expect a vision of loveliness?
 lovely225
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/9/2012 11:46:25 AM
It is the Picture. You're too young to be bald and your dressed poorly to attract a women. Dress up as if your meeting her for the first time. You want to impress on this site.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > I want to know what I am doing wrong. No, I need to know.