Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > short haired woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SJS1414
Msg: 3
short haired womanPage 1 of 1    
Women with short hair are disgusting.... LOL Just kidding. My preference is like 4 inches below the shoulder, but if you are attractive any hair length will be fine. There are some haircuts that do look very butch on women and I would assume they are lesbians. Mullets come to mind along with butch cuts and high tops. I would still like to be friends, but they would automatically be moved to the "not interested in/friend zone" file.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
short haired woman
Posted: 10/14/2012 5:43:59 PM
I suspect the guys who are telling you that, are trying to game you into "proving" to them that you are straight.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 9
short haired woman
Posted: 10/14/2012 5:52:58 PM

it is kind of weird that i am asked that quite a lot of times, isn't it possible to think its fin to be short haired:D so....sorry always wanted to discuss that with some guys:D

Hej maybe ask your mother when she comes home and finds her computer has been used and logged onto POF.

Most of us here are adults that are capable of searching the Forums for redundant questions lik ths one,

where the answer is obvious that many guys DO like longer hair, just a few movie-star type ladies with those carved unique features can get away with that "mod" look without being suspect of the usual inclination...
 PlainOldJoe
Msg: 10
short haired woman
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:03:01 PM
Um, which hair are we talking about? Grooming habits seem to change over time, and personal style can override. Whatever you choose to do, whether you think you look better that way, whether you think upkeep is easier, whether you think you're conforming - just own it and let your personality come through. The real you is not superficial and that's what you should work on getting across.
 SJS1414
Msg: 11
short haired woman
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:11:44 PM
tgrlily3 I don't consider your hair that short. It looks like a girls haircut. I think what most of us are talking about is very butch or short hair cuts. Hair cuts you would normally only see on men. If the OP is talking about that sort of hair cut I don't think most guys could care less. The thing that most guys like about women is they are girly. There are all kinds though. Some guys like drag queens, women with huge muscles, obese women, anorexic women and the list goes on but the vast majority of men like women with average bodies and girly looks and girly manorisms.

I would personally make my hair the way I think is most likely to attract the kind of woman I want. I would just as soon shave my head as have any haircut. For the right woman I would do just about anything short of tatoos. That's the kind of guy I am. I work out, watch what I eat and groom myself even though I don't particularly enjoy these activities. It's all about how much effort you want to put into looking like a winner instead of ____. Great many words can be placed there. I'll let you choose lol. If I choose any word, I am sure to get a lot of flaming here. Of course everyone here is going to say do what You want to do. If I wanted to tatoo a swastica "lol however that's spelled how bout 666 instead" on my forehead I could. But then I most likely would be severely limiting my dating possibilities exponentially.
 FrzLawyer
Msg: 15
short haired woman
Posted: 10/14/2012 8:03:21 PM
It depends on how short it is. At a certain point, men will presume you're a lesbian.

I do prefer long hair on a woman.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 16
view profile
History
short haired woman
Posted: 10/14/2012 8:17:11 PM
In order to wear really short hair, a woman needs to have really attractive facial features, and especially not have a double chin or chubby cheeks...if they do, it often makes their face look even fuller.

In my early 20s, I once cut my hair to chin length...and regretted it once I looked in the mirror. Looking back at the few photos that I allowed people to take of me back then, I easily looked several years older! :(

Ever since then, the only time I will cut my hair is for a trim...I will not even get my hair cut for bangs!

While healthy, long hair is often appealing to men, a few guy friends have told me if an attractive woman has shorter hair, it can be sexy because it shows confidence...you can't hide behind short hair!

Some women look better with shorter hair. Female celebrities for example: Halle Berry, and Michelle Williams (Heath Ledger's ex). Anne Hathaway cut her hair really short for a role...not that flattering.

4utheworld
Msg: 17
view profile
History
short haired woman
Posted: 10/14/2012 10:21:44 PM
Total turn off! I prefer long hair. Look at Demi More in “Ghost” she looked like an effeminate teenage boy.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 18
view profile
History
short haired woman
Posted: 10/15/2012 4:12:33 AM
Guess I am a bit partial. I have short hair that is a current and a fun look. IMHO, as woman age, short hair is more attractive. Without some sort of style, long hair on an older woman just hangs there and drags down their features along with gravity!! Just my opinion!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > short haired woman