Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > BT / Openreach      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pete2205
Msg: 2
view profile
History
BT / OpenreachPage 1 of 1    
I have been with TalkTalk for several years now. Originally a Tiscali customer Tiscali were taken over. TalkTalk have been subject to lots of critisizm on programmes suxh as Watchdog etc. Truth is I personally have had few issues and when there has been a loss of service its been due to maintainance reasons, its been brief and I find the service brilliant.

I do not pay a penny for IT support. The help lines are fully manned so you are not kept waiting nd they reward loyalty... I doubt that the deal I am on can be touched by any other company.

I pay £14.50 a month for Unlimited land line calls 24/7 inc. 0834 and 0870 numbers. Unlimited 24/7 Broadband - AND my line rental is included ... BEAT THAT!! Plus I am only tied in to a 12 month contract - Which I can extend at any time.

My bandwidth isnt as high as some competitors at peak times but does not prevent me from doing anything I need online including gaming. - It actually rockets off peak. MY router is every bit as good as the BT ones , four Earthanet connection sockets.. When I upgraded the new box and disc arrived within 72 hours with instructions a blind dog with no paws could handle.

The funny thing is TalkTalk use BT to do the installation and line maintainance ....

I am amazed that BT can still attract custtomers ...Must be the cheesy advert storey lines that rope people in...Cos it sure isnt the price package
 Strider886
Msg: 5
view profile
History
BT / Openreach
Posted: 10/16/2012 2:19:48 AM
I find with BT, that if you know your stuff a bit more they recognise this and can help with problems very quickly.

My experience of virgin is that they treat you like a complete idiot, for example when the internet was down in the entire street (gf house), they were telling me to use an Ethernet cable even though I had a good wireless connection and was in the routers setup/status screens telling them exactly what the issue was...... Then after 2 hours refusingto admit they had a problem, they concluded i needed a full reinstall on both laptops, my phone AND my Nexus 7..... f*cking computer science graduates, clueless morons!
 Pete2205
Msg: 6
view profile
History
BT / Openreach
Posted: 10/16/2012 8:03:15 AM
TalkTalk - Free help lines, free technical advice, always ready to negotiate at renewal time .. In all the time I have been with them/tiscali I think I have had three issues - All regarding emails which didnt seem to be showing. issues were resolved within hours.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
BT / Openreach
Posted: 10/16/2012 12:54:12 PM
had to deal with indian tech support, some guy called Paul, except we both knew that was not his name

had to endure an hour of script reading repeating the same stuff I had already carried out

luckily it was my parents line and not mine, had guessed the router was dead and they more or less gave up and passed me to an english speaker in england :)

router in the post sorted it....

been with merula for years, on the odd time I need to call them it is usually something major their end, talk to tech support and get honest answers.. No connection on wireless, lan to ubuntu and windows means it is the router or the line into it

comment from an american friend that came up with better free advice than his paid for work colleagues - he is their boss, seemed surprised that was not actually working in IT, just have to use it :)
 Pete2205
Msg: 8
view profile
History
BT / Openreach
Posted: 10/18/2012 12:27:44 AM
So Topical.......
I had a sales call from BT last night !! Very nice girl who tried her best bless her cotton socks :)

"Hello Mr XXXX my name is Anna Im from BT, I see your not with us"
"No I am not I am with Talk Talk"
"Well you will be pleased to know that we can offer you a much better service than TalkTalk at less price"
"Reallyyyyyy! Why do you think you can do that? Why do you think your service is better, and I doubt your cheaper"
"Well according to the latest ofcom report BT has the least number of complaints amongst all service providers"
"Wow really, But er I dont have any complaints about TalkTalk, I am very happy with the service"
"Yes Mr XXXX but there are many people not happy with TalkTalk's service and are switching to BT every day"
"OK Anna rewind....I dont have any problems with TalkTalk and as long as my service is good why should I switch"
"Well as I said Mr XXX we can also offer you a far more compitetive package, What tarrif are you on right now?"
" Well I get landline, 24/7 calls including 0870 and 0834 numbers and unlimited broadband with no bandwidth restriction"
"Thats good Mr XXXX we can match that - How much are you charged for that?
"I pay £14.50 a month"...There was a pause and an intake of breath...." Well we can do that package at £29.50 a month but that includes the latest high tec router and you can run unlimited devices through it"

" So Anna, I am with a service provider that charges me less than half you want to charge me. A service that I am happy with, A router that works fine and does all I want it to do and you think I should switch to BT"
" Well as I said Mr XXXX our service according to Ofcom is so much better and when your deal with TalkTalk ends they wont give you the same deal"
" So if I take this deal at double the price with you then you can gurantee that the deal wont change in 12 months time?"
" Well as a valued customer we wouldnt want to lose you so we would look at it at the time"
" Why dont you offer me the same deal as TalkTalk for 12 months then we can look at the options then"
"We can't do that Mr XXXX ...But I can assure you our service is much better..............."
" Thanks for the call Anna"

You really do have to give her credit for trying !! ...She was flogging a dead horse but even when she knew it was dead she kept flogging it and flogging it"

Memo for BT sales : Accept the fact that you are not competitive price wise and that if a customer is getting a better deal and has no complaints with his service provider then your time is better spent in conversation with potential customers who are perhaps not so savvy with the market place
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 10
view profile
History
BT / Openreach
Posted: 10/18/2012 10:34:59 AM
ISP used to use a LLU line from Be or Orange ?, had it's far share of issues and they often forgot to tell the isp that there was a problem

got the line upgraded to FTTC, BT engineers came and changed the line, so it would be reasonable to expect BT to let the sales team know...

instead I got 2 calls about moving to BT to be on a much faster line with FTTC, they have infinity where it is 80 GB but could not gurantee I would get it and the BT hub means that would not be able to use opendns...

hopefully there will be no more calls
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > BT / Openreach