Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you think about dating a stripper?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TwistedAir
Msg: 2
What do you think about dating a stripper?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
You are 18 and already have a kid hmmmmmm. You strip for a living hmmmmmm. Not the type of a girl I would introduce to mom or friends even as a significant other. Stay off drugs and go to college as youth goes away quick and strip clubs dont want them saggy and wrinkley.
 cooldog65
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What do you think about dating a stripper?
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:01:26 AM
Since I'm old enough to be your daddy, I would have nothing in common with you. Different points in our respective lives. You may be nice to look at, but what else do you bring to the table?

The smoking and the partying will age you quickly. Lay off that for the sake of your child.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:03:36 AM
Not really interested in dating a stripper - at my age they would have to be either long ago ex strippers or I would be a sugar daddy or a john.

I prefer to be the only guy who get to see the woman I am dating naked ( outside of an health care facility ) and writhing around.

The closest I have come to dating a stripper was that I went on a couple of dates with a long ago ex stripper - I can't comment on the sex as none happened but I can say that her attitude was a real turn off.

I would think that between partying and being a stripper there is little time and focus left to be a good mom.

If you have a daughter OP would you want her to start stripping when you did?
 YAMACANMECRAZY
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:07:51 AM
You tell me .... can a good stripper really live a life away from stripping? Can you go to work and then come home and not be affected by the work you do? You like to Party .... well, I guess all 18 year old kids like to party but you aren't legal to party in any state that I know of.

As far as my fantasy life is concerned .... I WOULD LOVE TO DATE A STRIPPER !!
 Greg19899
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:14:04 AM
I wouldn't date one, they are great to look at, and talk to sometimes when you have a boys night out, but the ones here go much further than lap dances and all that. Why would a man share his gf/wife with other men? You would be setting yourself up for a relationship full of men treating her like a piece of ass and her getting paid to fuel their little fantasies.. Who wants a women who's been dry humped so hard at a bar her ass has "Levis" imprinted on it?
 phoenix_55
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:14:17 AM
I hate to judge anyone and maybe you're doing to to support your child, but I can tell you I wouldn't be thrilled if my son brought home a stripper to meet mom. I'm not sure stripping makes you disloyal or a wh*re, but there's plenty of temptation for those incidents to occur in that line of work -- I mean, there's never a lack of fat, old rich men who'd like to have some arm candy, ya know?

I've been to one strip club in my life -- with an ex-boyfriend. What I saw were a bunch of sad looking 20 and 30-something year old women who probably were young and cute just like you at one time. Apparently, stripping ages you fast. Well, that and the smoking and being in that dingy atmosphere. You probably should get out while you can because it may be hard to find any decent man to take you seriously. Sorry, that's just the mom in me talking.

And you probably should take out that reference in your profile as to the club you work at. You'll have every horn-dog in the Dallas area who's on POF trying to hook up with you.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:17:31 AM
The point he was trying to make is that it plays into a stereotype, fair or not. Even if you weren't a stripper, the fact that you're 18 and already have a kid is a huge hurdle to overcome. Let's put it this way, if you had a son our age would you want him to date a woman with your credentials on paper? Personality, morals, etc not taken into account.

I do sympathize that some circumstances are beyond your control. I applaud you for deciding to go to college, just pick a major with financial growth/stability. I know of way too many graduates with an easy major, lots of debt, and no job in their profession.

Ease the financial burden and get out of the stripping industry quicker by applying for financial aid, grants, scholarships, anything.
 Red_5
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:52:13 AM
OP,

I've had step kids older than you in the past, and I'll tell you my ex-wife and I had the discussion over her daughter working at Hooters.

I'll also tell you once I found out my draftsman was a Hooter's girl before taking up CAD, I never looked at her the same.

Add that you have a child, which reads 'baby daddy drama', any young man your age would be smart to run as fast and as far has he could.

Compound that with smoking, I see someone who has no respect for themselves.

And yes, I've been married to two women who had no respect for themselves during periods of my life I had no respect for myself which destroyed my career completely and took me to places I don't discusss in polite company.

Your body, your life, do as you must. You've asked for an opinion and I'll give it - you scare me badly.
 rustednail
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/17/2012 10:08:26 AM
You probably get lines like:" Oh I didnt recognize you with your clothes on"

But anyway your choice to become a stripper and single mom at the same time is very poor and says a lot about you. Seems like every stripper is supporting herself to go thru college. Stay off crack.

You getting child support or was this a hit and run accident?
 4utheworld
Msg: 13
view profile
History
What do you think about Message: I hate to judge anyone and maybe you're doing tdating a stripper?
Posted: 10/17/2012 10:23:48 AM
Who are these people that tell you that it is OK? The strangers that you meet at the club or your family? I haven’t dated exotic dancers, but I would think twice about bringing one home to meet my family. I know life must be really difficult for you with a child and the bad economy, but try to leave that profession ASAP because it is going to age you really fast. Not to mention, that you are exposed to meet all sorts of people that just see you as a piece of meat. Take care and be safe.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/17/2012 10:49:33 AM
It depends. I've known a lot of strippers...

The ones that are just normal people that to them it's just a job, I'd have no problem dating, and have before.

The ones that define themselves by it though, who follow that slutty stereotype, "have a price", etc, I try to stay away from... Especially the ones that still carry the act outside of the bar, those girls are hard to trust.

Basically, long as it doesn't define your personality, I'd have no problem. But I've also been exposed to it and people who do it for almost my entire life, so since I've seen both sides of who these people are, I understand what's real and what's an act, and know how much different someone can be outside of the bar.

As for the experience... It was pretty much exactly the same as anyone else. If I had a kid that dated a stripper, it would be the same as my opinion when it comes to me...
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/17/2012 11:02:10 AM
there's a very long-running thread about this running in another forum- couldnt locate it but I think it may be in the sex forum

I wouldn't date a stripper for multiple reasons.

I have heard strippers almost always say that they're doing it to pay for college, etc. It's still a choice.

There are always other job alternatives no matter what pay and hours a person needs in their life at the time, IMO.
 WinterIsComing80
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/17/2012 11:16:38 AM
Yes I've dated a stripper. Met her outside of the club and she didn't disclose she was a stripper until after the 3rd date. Wasn't a deal breaker and wouldn't have been if she would have said so right off the bat. No, nothing was special about her except her huge head. She wasn't the best I've been with and she wasn't the worst. She made good money and supported the lifestyle she chose to live. That lifestyle didn't jive with the lifestyle I chose to live so it didn't work.

I don't have kids and don't want kids so that question doesn't apply here.

Advice to you is this: Your body wont always look as good as it does now and you will eventually either tire of being viewed/used as a sexual object only or you will get numb to it and before you know it you will be used up abused up and wondering what the hell happened to your life. Enjoy it while it lasts and the money is good but you need a fall back while you have the means of achieving one.
 lovefun99
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/17/2012 11:35:36 AM
@Red_5

I'll also tell you once I found out my draftsman was a Hooter's girl before taking up CAD, I never looked at her the same.

Are you freaking serious!!!?? You looked at her "differently" because she was a waitress at a beer and wing place!? You actually compare doing that to stripping!!?? Have you ever been to a Hooters restaurant? There is no sex there, the girls wear tight fitting tops and shorts but then so do girl volleyball players, not to mention what the girl beach volley ball players wear...

LOL at you perception of Hooters girls.

OP,

If I was you I would delete my profile and create a new one that does not mention your line of employment. Try to be strong and don't get caught up in the drama the stripper world is full of. Stay away from the drugs, focus on stripping being a temporary job that you will soon put behind you, save as much money as you can for the future. Good luck with school and a bright future in the field that you will graduate in!

And for all the people putting her down, she is doing what she has to do to provide a living for her child and to be able to better herself. You all should go to the Single Parents forum and read about the woman who was bitching about having to pay child support....several suggestions that she do whatever she has to including stripping....
 daynadaze
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2012 11:45:47 AM
The reason that you only being 18, already have a child, no hint of who the father is or how that all worked out, but that fact that you have to strip (since you plan on quitting I'm guessing it's not really all that great an idea in your mind either) shows your lack of self-care, of your character, and it shows that you don't plan well and may take the low road when things get tough. Most or all of these things might not be true about you, but that's what you are sending out to people to judge you on. It's pretty hard not to judge someone when they do something that makes them look bad, the world is not full of unconditional love. Respect is earned, and all that. For the most part stripping is involved in a place in life where many have hit the bottom due to drugs or other things that are not a good place to raise a child, much less be in yourself, again, maybe you don't live in that type of arena but it's how it's viewed. And you are paid to be sexual with guys, how many guys will trust you? There's just a whole lot wrong with it because there is a whole lot wrong going on within it. What you do with your life is your business, but when it's something like working in the sex industry, many people are going to judge you, and what can you really say back to them?

As for my son dating a stripper, I would have to meet her and get to know her. I wouldn't be able to make a real judgment about her just based on her being a stripper, but I would have to fight the urge to not pre-judge her, that's just kind of a human nature thing.
 pescando75
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/17/2012 11:46:03 AM
Dated an ex-stripper for over a year. It wasn't a big deal. We were both really young, so we made many dumb decisions.
She did manifest some *unstable* mental behaviors, so that stereotype played out. I did suspect her of cheating toward the end, so that stereotype played out. I think any lap dance I've ever gotten, the girl was paying her way through school. I learned via a mutual friend what she is up to these days, and it sounds like she is still playing men in order to get "stuff."
It takes a certain mindset, I think. (Or turning off a part or parts of your mind completely.) I think even short-term, this employment avenue has bad effects. But, the groundwork has usually been laid to allow the woman to be able to turn off parts of her psyche to do it in the first place long before she decided to go down that path. I always thought that gal I dated had an odd relationship with one of her brothers and her dad (she was adopted.) I wondered if she had been abused by them but never had the nerve to ask.
 Red_5
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/17/2012 11:50:47 AM
Lovefun,

My imagination has always been my stronger suit...I can't begin to describe how wonderful women in my workplace look all dolled up...especially for important functions.

The skin never teased me.

Besides, my only experiences at strip clubs was the the group DD so I recalled all the stretch marks and the silliness of the places.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:18:04 PM
A job that pays the bills is still just a job, and the best advice is still -- Don't EVER get mixed up in a relationship from where you work - stripper or not.

I would assume strippers work night-shift jobs most of the time, so that will be a kind of a hurdle dealing with a relationship with someone that's more than likely a 'day' person. At your age taking a relationship seriously with anyone is probably not a safe investment, so I'd keep your personal life simple and focus on your kid and getting bills paid. Sleazy people who come to see you 'work' will promise a million different things, but probably can't or won't deliver on a LOT of promises, so you just gotta ignore them and worry about yourself.

Online dating is not much better, so concentrate on the real world before trying to find anything in this virtual one.
 Maleman999
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:46:31 PM

I dont plan to strip for much longer, just doing it to pay for school.

Define "much longer". If you plan on going to college, do you plan on stripping the entire time you're in school? That could be 2 or 3 more years or more. How did you get into stripping in the first place, especially when you're not even legal drinking age in most places? It's weird and maybe illegal to have "children" (not legal drinking age) working in a saloon, especially in a stripping capacity. OP: would you date a male stripper?

I know a guy who dated a stripper and she was in a similar situation as OP-single mother who went back to school and continued stripping while in college. After completing her course, she got an entry level job in her field of study, but it was crap pay. So she ended up back into stripping to make real money. If a stripper is good and making lots of money at it, it's hard to walk away from that and get a crappy job making minimum wage.

At 18, you're not thinking long term future, but your choice of occupation may bite you in the azz further down the road. This history in your life will always be with you, and many guys will be turned off by it, whether it's next week or 20 years after you get out of it. Add in that you're a single mother, your choice in men who would overlook it drops drastically.
 2hjkfttu
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:50:28 PM
Everyone is different, but personally I would not date a stripper. I would not want guys seeing my girlfriend naked and touching her naked. Also I would feel uncomfortable with my girlfriend flirting with other guys even if it is just to get money from them. Some guys might be cool with it, but I would not.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:55:10 PM
To the poster with the Hooters colleague, I've never been to one but they look kinda tame all things considered. I've had classmates that dressed FAR sluttier, and that was to a damn MATH class.

By the way OP, you should really remove the name of your workplace from your profile. There are a lot of crazies on the Internet and its not a long stretch of the imagination that one will seek you out there because you didn't reply to his message.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/17/2012 1:40:31 PM
OP ... sounds like you have not had a perfect childhood, and have picked up quite a few "wrong" ways of doing things.

There are other means of supporting yourself and your child.
Stripping off your clothes so that men can ogle your physic is unacceptable, and will lower what ever self esteem you have already.

You're 18 ... find a better method.
Be an example for your child, not a continuation of what your parents have taught you.

If my son brought home a stripper, I would question his upbringing.
 privat33r
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2012 1:54:39 PM
My sis has been working this industry for a decade. It has some odd parts to it. She occasionally travels to exotic local with what seem to be customers. Decent guys - look like reasonable folk. Still - she's had a regular boyfriend for a long while. We like him and she's the most stable of my siblings - so the profession and dating can work.

I don't imagine her particularly exotic in the sack.. but even though she's adopted, I am her bro - I just don't see her that way - there's evidence that many do. I mean - there's this situation that developed when I was visiting, her boss called to complain Sat monring, she began screaming at him, "the guy fell asleep- its not my fault he woke up dry!!" Sis managed to talk him down to a 45 day suspension from the proposed 90. Hell's Angel's run a tight ship.
 Cherish_Love92
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/17/2012 2:04:56 PM
lovefun,
you couldn't have said it better.
girl prove these people wrong and make your life better, your workin on it and hey alot of moms sit on their butts and wait for the wellfare check.
Don't get caught up in it, a couple months turn into years quick.
keep your head up :]
 masterotaku
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/17/2012 4:36:06 PM
I dated a stripper once. We're obviously not together anymore, but it had nothing to do with stripping...or at least it mostly didn't.

One of the key things involved in stripping is successfully separating a naive man from his money. Her cynicism is what killed our relationship.....

*BUT* I've had cynicism kill relationships before that didn't involve stripping. People are WAY TOO COMPLEX to stereotype...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you think about dating a stripper?