Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Mundine slams racist Australia      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 1
Mundine slams racist Australia Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/national/mansell-slams-mundine-as-racist/story-e6frfku9-1226499201799

Mundine is saying the same thing that Andrew Bolt got in a lot of trouble for a while ago. There must be one law depending who it is and another law for a whitey.
 skwizle
Msg: 2
Mundine slams racist Australia
Posted: 10/19/2012 9:50:30 PM
we live with a racist government. aboriginals that have never been, nor know anybody effected by racist policy are being compensated because of their race. the government says, here's some extra money cause you're a poor aboriginal. everybody knows the situation but it will lose votes to do anything about it.
 SwanLake73
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/20/2012 7:25:21 AM
I ran into the guy at a service station once. he remarked my car was cute like the owner.. *awww it was a 72 Beetle.. red ragtop and painted in flowers.. yes.. lol i grinned stupidly and disregarded the fact he may or may not have been a player..

Something life threw at him is bugging him.. so he is fighting and stirring till he sorts himself out.. like the average joe but more famous
 RorschachTM
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/20/2012 2:56:01 PM
I hear ya Brienfrance, people are just selfish and short-sighted. If it happens to affect the social/cultural factor that influences them of course they care, but too bad most seem to miss social and/or historical context. Making bit of reparation and saying sorry is racist? I thought we were saying sorry for racist acts?

Anyhow, on to more pleasant topics. 11 VWs... noice... never played with buggies myself. Do you ride motorbikes Brienfrance?
 Hilly02
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/20/2012 3:56:56 PM
The mans a tool.
He will figure out one day, that most people dislike him because hes a nob.... not because of his colour.
Does that make me a nob-ist then???
 Michael.Jay
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 5:46:59 PM
Anthony Mundine ... *YAWN* ... does any one really care ?
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/21/2012 1:08:58 PM
beamonjump

I only have a few minutes to make this post, I will like to post more to your reply when I get home tonight, that way I will have more time on my hands. But for now, one thing to think about is that generalising the white population of being evil racists against blacks is racism against whites within it's self.

It's no different than believing most blacks are bad or most blacks are criminals.

Your post seems to indicate the exact racism against whites I am expressing. Being a hypocrite is not going to help your stance.

So there's some food for thought until I get back.
 RorschachTM
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/21/2012 1:09:17 PM
Amen beamonjump, what you've said was what I was hoping to say...
I find the rhetoric from the right wing quite hilarious... oh we don't need to say sorry or make reparations to aboriginals, but at the same time we will make big stink about immigration and make asylum seekers an election issue.

black PM is a vague term, but I don't know about aboriginal or african prime minister...
Somehow I don't think I will see it in my lifetime. Besides Aus politics needs fixing before all else.
 RorschachTM
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/21/2012 2:21:29 PM
Crying reverse racism is kind of like being an incessant child isn't it?
 Michael.Jay
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2012 8:29:45 PM
Let me add that beamonjump is not an Australian Aboriginal therefore cannot profess to know the plight of aboriginals in Australia unless he has spent EXTENSIVE time in Australia (like years and years of living here not some quick holiday) seen his profile says he is in the UK and his profile pic depicts a person that does not appear to be ethnically Australian Aboriginal.

Crying reverse racism is kind of like being an incessant child isn't it?

not really, what it actually is, is RACISM pure and simple. There is NO such thing as "reverse racism" this is just another IDIOT concept from the land of idiots and idiot concepts ie the USofGay. I find this absurd expression offensive in the extreme as it represents RACISM and nothing else eg due to this bizarre policy the idiots of USA have policies like race quotas for jobs so a person is promoted to or gets a job because of their skin colour/ethnicity, not the best person or best qualified person for the job but because of their racial make-up so if that insanity isn't just plain old simple racism then I am truly dumbfounded.
 robertaus
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/21/2012 10:06:24 PM

we live with a racist government. aboriginals that have never been, nor know anybody effected by racist policy are being compensated because of their race. the government says, here's some extra money cause you're a poor aboriginal. everybody knows the situation but it will lose votes to do anything about it.

Stereotyping Aboriginals is racist.As far as I know they don't get any extra money because of their race.Anyway Tony Mundine is a prize goose.What he said just proves it.
 SwanLake73
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:53:40 AM
whitey? I thought 'skips' was the correct terminology
 RorschachTM
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:04:05 PM
Amen to Brienfrance's last post... preach brother!
*gets the keyboard organ going*

MJ: I meant crying reverse racism in THIS CASE seemed acting like an incessant child. According to some of the posters on this forum, you'd think that "great white male" is quickly becoming the endangered species.

Truth is, as Beamon pointed out, white males are still in power... they hold offices of power, they run industries and they run the banks.

You'd think they be bit more happy about it rather than paranoid.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:37:49 PM

The Aborigines are black. They face racism and have done for years. They are indigenous people. There is nothing else to know.

I think every race or gender faces racism/sexism. No race or gender is innocent, no race or gender is perfect. To think racism/sexism is less important against one race/gender compared to another is being racist/sexist.

Do you want equality? If so, time for equal standards and equal consideration when it comes to racism against whites.

That's real equality.

Blacks are racist too. Do whites have the right to complain about it? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. That's equality, get used to it.

And who get’s to decide who the best person for the job is ?

Yes. White people

Oh yes, they are all evil I tell ya. The one and only reason why they didn't choose a black is because they are racist. It can't be for any other reason in the world like ummm why white people get rejected jobs ALL THE TIME, EVERY DAY, EVERY MINUTE.

Do blacks face racism? Of course they do, no denial about that. Are some whites racist? Yep, no doubt about that. Is hyperbole and extreme generalisations used when it comes to this topic? Most definitely.

Let's look at it this way, aboriginals are a minority. That means they would either be a minority in any workplace or not exist in the workplace at all as there were more whites than blacks going for the position.

Racism? No, it's a numbers game.

Why hasn't there be an aboriginal PM? Why hasn't there been as many aboriginal CEOs? Only a minority of the whole population can only be in these positions. Especially to be PM. How many people in society ever get the chance to be PM? 0.0001 percent of the whole population? So if there are 95 percent of whites compared to 5 percent of blacks competing for this position, who is most likely going to get it?

99.9999 percent of white people will never get the chance to be PM or CEO. Can we claim discrimination too?

Lastly, because you spew out this stuff about how hard done by blacks are in Australia, you should read some common sense coming straight from a black woman.

I wish I had these privileges in the workforce like aboriginals get.

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4281772.html?WT.svl=theDrum
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:45:48 PM

MJ: I meant crying reverse racism in THIS CASE seemed acting like an incessant child

Someone with such a bigoted opinion seems to have a chip on their shoulder against white people.

If you think racism should be less considered to be concerned about depending what race is facing it, you're obviously a racist bigot.

Racism is racism, there shouldn't be double standards or different considerations towards it depending what race is facing it. Racism should be treated the same regardless who is facing it. That's real equality that you can't seem to handle.

Truth is, as Beamon pointed out, white males are still in power... they hold offices of power, they run industries and they run the banks.

You mean only 0.0001 of white males hold any such power in society? The rest of the white males have no more power than the next black person or the next asian person.

Time to think logically instead of making racist/sexist generalisations towards a whole demographic group. You are simply judging people by their gender and skin colour. That's no different than judging blacks or asian by their race instead of who they individually are.

Time to drop your own prejudice before complaining about others.
 RorschachTM
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:58:55 PM
I said crying reverse racism as you do constantly... make you seem like an incessant child... and it does.

How is that bigotry against white people?

Since you like to tell others what they are let me return the favour.

Someone with such a bigoted opinion? Sorry Tie_me_up81... you seem like an arrogant person who is ACTUALLY bigoted. Look at the posts you have been making. Can you say fucking concrete block on your shoulder? Why are you pushing this agenda? Do you feel a bit insecure? You don't respect others opinion, but in general you just want to steamroll over them.

What is the actual offense committed against the white people? If there are offenses committed, fine complain about it...
I am just not getting your point. You make it sound like white people (as you say) are endangered and constantly under attack.

As far as I am concerned there hasn't been any attacks which has been institutionally sanctioned. Whether by govt or any other authority.

I am sure there are individual anti-white crimes that occur, just not to the extent that you imagine.

Thanks for repeating your poorly thought out ideas, I love pseudo-intellectual types that tries to push their poorly hidden agenda. Bloody Andrew Bolt wannabe without the brain power.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:19:33 PM

I said crying reverse racism as you do constantly... make you seem like an incessant child... and it does

Constantly? More like in a handful of posts in selected threads.

How constant is the complaint in regards of racism against blacks? All you have to do is switch on the telle and you'll hear someone whinging about it sooner or later.

Do they have the right to complain? Of course they do.

So tell me, why isn't a non white person acting like an incessant child when they complain but a white person all the sudden is? More than anything, it's acting like a child when you play double standards. I don't see you calling beamonjump an incessant child, oh and you aren't even calling yourself one as you are generalising and whining about white men being evil racists.

you seem like an arrogant person who is ACTUALLY bigoted

The definition of arrogance and bigotry is when you place judgements and generalisations on a whole demographic group and believe that demographic group has no right to the freedom of speech that beamonjump and you are so entitled to have.

Why are you pushing this agenda?

I'm not pushing any agenda, in this thread, I simply pointed out a double standard in regards of Andrew Bolt and Mundine.

Oh how dare I have that freedom of speech, right? Only blacks, asians, and arabs are entitled to such.

What is the actual offense committed against the white people? If there are offenses committed, fine complain about it...

I am just not getting your point. You make it sound like white people (as you say) are endangered and constantly under attack.

I'm just simply pointing out double standards. You seem cranky towards this truth, therefore, your anger resorts to lashing out on the person who exposes these truths.
 RorschachTM
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:44:06 PM
Selected threads... and continues to act like incessant child. You are not simply pointing out double standards... but I am done here... keep your paranoia son... you want to split hairs and put words in my mouth fine...
We are generalising and whining about white men being evil racists? Bahahahaha I said they are currently in control, didn't say anything remotely like they are racist...

I love how you twist my words and ignore the larger historical context... keep your myopic view and paranoia... I am so bored of your thinly veiled racism.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:52:25 PM

I love how you twist my words and ignore the larger historical context

History has nothing to do with any white person in australia who exist today. Stop beating all of us over the head for what other white people did at a time when we weren't even born and had nothing to do with the said injustices towards blacks. Just because we share the same skin colour as the other whites a zillion years ago, that doesn't mean we should also feel guilty.

keep your myopic view and paranoia

Paranoia? Just take one look at beamonjump's and your posts lol

I am so bored of your thinly veiled racism.

"Racism" because I use the same type of freedom of speech that any minority race is so freely allowed to have?
 RorschachTM
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:55:58 PM
How did I beat all of you over the head for what other white people did at the time? I pointed out the fact white men are still in power. I love your giant leaps in logic...

Can you say guilty conscience?

Mention the word historical context and watch the "level-headed man" flip out...
just a poor troll and/or pseudo intellectual
 RorschachTM
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:57:20 PM
Sorry if I gave you that impression Brien, I was just returning the favour to tie_me_up81 using his brilliant argument system. I am done here... this is getting boring quick.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/22/2012 3:10:29 PM
In RorschachTM's world, no white person should be allowed to have the same freedom of speech that he and beamonjump is allowed to have in this forum.

How did I beat all of you over the head for what other white people did at the time?

Bringing up history such as...

I love how you twist my words and ignore the larger historical context

Is pretty much trying to place guilt on me simply because I am white. In your world, I'm not even allowed to criticise that, right? I should just be a good submissive boy and turn the other cheek.

I pointed out the fact white men are still in power

So in other words, you are judging them by their skin colour and gender? To judge them by their skin colour and gender instead of who they individually are is no different than placing judgements on blacks or asians for their race instead of who they individually are.

The Australian PM is a woman. I don't judge her because she's a woman, I judge her as a PM. The American president is black, I don't judge him because he's a black person, I judge him as a president.

The only people who seem to bring race or gender into this are the people like you.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/22/2012 3:23:59 PM

dude, History has nothing to do with white people ect, ect, have you never read 'those who don't learn fron history are doomed to repeat it"

I don't need to read history to know that racism is wrong. Even before I was 10 years old I was taught by society that racism is wrong. I didn't need white guilt history lessons to figure this out. I don't think anyone else does.
 robertaus
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:14:18 PM

The only people who seem to bring race or gender into this are the people like you.

You brought racism into this thread from the start by saying this:

There must be one law depending who it is and another law for a whitey.

I'm just simply pointing out double standards. You seem cranky towards this truth, therefore, your anger resorts to lashing out on the person who exposes these truths.

What double standards would they be?

Oh how dare I have that freedom of speech, right? Only blacks, asians, and arabs are entitled to such.

n RorschachTM's world, no white person should be allowed to have the same freedom of speech that he and beamonjump is allowed to have in this forum.

Freedom of speech

Australians are free, within the bounds of the law, to say or write what we think privately or publicly, about the government, or about any topic. We do not censor the media and may criticise the government without fear of arrest. Free speech comes from facts, not rumours, and the intention must be constructive, not to do harm. There are laws to protect a person's good name and integrity against false information. There are laws against saying or writing things to incite hatred against others because of their culture, ethnicity or background. Freedom of speech is not an excuse to harm others.

So does a thinly veiled attempt to start a thread on racism really comply with Freedom of Speech?Reverse racism in Austalia is only a rumour not a fact.Unless of course you can provide some specific examples.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:31:51 PM

You brought racism into this thread from the start by saying this:

You miscomprehended my meaning when I expressed what I said in that post.

I will try to make this more clear. When you seem negative towards a person in power because of their race or gender, that appears to be racist/sexist to me. It's like me being negative towards Julia being PM because she's a woman or Obama being president because he is black.

That's what I mean when bringing race and gender into this aspect is exactly how I define it. Whinging about whites/white males being in a position of power simply because they are white/white male is being hypocritical when complaining about racism/sexism.

On the other hand, in regards to what is said in the OP, I think it's a relevant point to make when pointing out that there is a double standard in regards of having one for Andrew Bolt and another for Mundine which I think has to do with race. But I may be wrong.

Reverse racism in Austalia is only a rumour not a fact.Unless of course you can provide some specific examples.

I think using the word "reverse" is being biased to begin with as it seems to downplay the actual wrong doing. If you want examples, look at the link I provided a few posts back.

Also, last time I checked, it's racism to generalise the whole white/white male population. Plenty of people seem to think that whites/white males have this evil conspiracy to secretly discriminate against minority races and/or women. In fact, the white male is used as a multipurpose scapegoat for the blame of the failures or problems of others in many instances.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Mundine slams racist Australia