Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Fashion -What you wear      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 greenIsis777
Msg: 3
Fashion -What you wearPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
fyi: shoes on men are very important to most women. runners will not cut it.
do classy casual, as in darker jeans with an untucked dress shirt and nice sandals in the summer and loafer type shoe in winter
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 8
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/21/2012 2:52:55 AM
Your profile photo looks young,lol, now that I viewed it, thought you were younger...

Taking your location into account, depends were the date is taking place and the age range of the women...

The dark jeans, dress shoes, collared short sleeve is the norm....

Your style in your photos seems younger than our age range, and/or other influences like music , affect our apparel...

Shoes are the most important, Almost anything your wearing, would go great with a pair of these sporty shoes I have but dress shoes, in back and tan, they are dress shoes, but sporty like a runner (shaped somewhat like one, and a criss cross of a similar colour tone going across the sides of the footwear(to show they are sporty,lol))...

AND a cool football/soccer jacket(light but layered), would work, with the shoes, on any of your outfits, including the tshirt , plaids collars and like...

The most important thing is , who are you going on a date with and her style...

3o and below, cool style, as outlined above,lol...

30 and above, collared shirt plain, "dress" pants(they have cool ones though, not slacks or pleated,lol) and the "dress" shoes...

and personally, I like a long sleeve shirt that is rolled up to the elbow over a short sleeve shirt -- it is just nicer.

YES, a darker rustic rolled up. jeans and my shoes,lol....
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 10
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/21/2012 6:24:59 AM
It really depends on where we might be going on the date. Jeans are fine, but I usually wear dresses--even for grocery shopping. I have met men for a first date at a casual restaurant and they remarked on what I was wearing and that they didn't expect me to wear a dress and heels or they would have "dressed up," too. Most men my age have worn slacks/business casual. Younger men usually wore jeans.

There is only one man whose ensemble I found distasteful: he wore crocs and shorts. He told me that he wore NOTHING but crocs and had a black pair for formal occasions. He didn't seem to care anything about his appearance because he was comfortable. I believe in being comfortable, too, but I also believe in looking as good as I can!.

My present boyfriend is an eclectic dresser. He is one of few men I know who can successfully wear orange Dr. Seuss tennis shoes. If my last boyfriend had shown up at my house wearing those shoes, I would have told him to change.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/22/2012 3:39:42 AM
It should fit you and be clean/pressed.

Other than that, ASK the person that is familiar with the venue.
 billingsmason
Msg: 14
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:59:30 AM
Loafers!?

Not for me...
I have several type of boots, and nice leather dress shoes... in varying states of scuff.

Seems you have a style going on, stick with it.
I wouldn't change just for a date- it might make you uncomfortable and seem like "what happened" when she gets to know you.

Clean, clipped, smelling good and confident.
 1bellanella
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:51:17 PM
Personally, I'm not a fan of the old "bait and switch." Wear what you would wear on a normal day. Let the lady know what she's really going to get.
 billingsmason
Msg: 20
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:16:31 AM
[Don't shop like a man]
lmao- have you been following me?
If you know your size.... what's the problem?
I don't even try on new boots- straight to the section, 11D ropers and I'm gone...
I'm too hdadd for shopping, can spend 25 minutes deciding which rice to buy.
 rhonda333
Msg: 22
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/23/2012 8:05:05 AM
women give a great deal of thought about every outfit they wear. Comfort may be a factor for Sunday afternoon lounging around the house, but it rarely enters into what a woman wears- think high heels. How can a man present himself as a sloven in public and expect women to be attracted?

Get your wardrobe in good order OP and I think you will have better success with the girls- you are a nice looking man. And don't forget shoes- very important to most women.
 CharminC
Msg: 24
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/23/2012 12:31:02 PM
[But i am not at all a suit and tie man.]

^^^^
Never be something you're not.
The key is just be clean and presentable.

It ain't rocket science.
 Walts
Msg: 26
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/23/2012 4:50:59 PM
Starting to understand fleece and/or wearing my waders to a date is not really going to do be any good. Now what the hell am I gonna do?????? I guess those people staring, pointing,and laughing should have been a clue,though, I have been known to be a slow learner.
 ARTSYLADEEEE
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:08:19 PM
Well, a lot of women like men to wear clothes that are fashionable within the last 15 years.
 ARTSYLADEEEE
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/24/2012 3:41:33 PM
THAt depends on the facial hair. A nice goatee takes work to maintain and can be nice. What I don't like are big bushy beards.
 rhonda333
Msg: 43
Fashion -What you wear
Posted: 10/27/2012 3:26:24 PM
I think cashleys is entirely spot on. We put up with a lot of discomfort to look nice. I know thats so because men tell me I look nice. So why does the guy show up unshaven with rumpled clothes and shabby shoes. Its because they don't bother.
Oh yes, wearing a ball cap while having dinner with a woman (indoors)- another of my pet peeves. I won't put up with it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Fashion -What you wear