Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Where are all of the travelers!?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 timks
Msg: 1
Where are all of the travelers!?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hello, So is there anyone on this site that spends the vast majority of their time traveling? I know that there is a lot of filters here, but none of them help to find travelers. I love to travel and that is what I do, and am just trying to find someone that also shares in that interest. Also, does anyone know of the best Caribbean island to be on for Carnival?
Thanks
 timks
Msg: 2
Where are all of the travelers!?
Posted: 10/23/2012 8:27:27 PM
Nothing??? No one has any input? Are there other people out there that love to travel?
 0ldhag
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/25/2012 4:07:57 AM
I've been travelling for the past 8 years.

I've been living and working in Afghanistan for the past 3.5 years with vacations every 6 weeks. I've been all over the world, and worked all over the world - from Indonesia to Holland, and everywhere inbetween..

On Saturday i'm off to Dubai, then to Egypt (i'm working on my Divemaster).

This type of lifestyle is normal for me.

I'm not saying this to pick you up, but just to let you know there are fellow travellers on this site :) Unfortuanlly no filters to speak of.

Good luck with finding your perfect mate, i'm sure she's out there :) I know it's hard being a traveller, which is probably the main reason i'm single today..no one likes us :p
 timks
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/25/2012 8:31:05 PM
Wow oldhag, you have done some serious traveling, Impressive. Sounds like we have a pretty similar outlook on the world. Yes Cowboy, have used the advanced search with traveling as an interest and it turns out 99% of the profiles say they are interested in traveling, however there is a difference in liking to travel and actually traveling. And whoever the first response was from, you don't have to have a rich mummy and daddy, you just need to work your way around the world, that's what I have done. Thanks for the input folks.
 timks
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/26/2012 10:39:46 PM
Thank you for that advice. I will look into that,
 Kekun
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/29/2012 4:15:51 PM
No need to be rich indeed, just make some sacrifice on your comfort if you really want to.

I travel a lot it seems, maybe not enough outside of North America for my taste however. I like to know what I see and understand it minimally, so the more exotic the destination is, the more time I need to prepare, and unfortunately I lack time. So the easy solution is to stick to the places and interest I know better with no huge language barrier.

Also there's a difference between a guided tour, a resort, going on a cruise, hiking in the desert or looking for wildlife in remote places of the world. No offense but "travel" is such an abstract word...
 ChulaGordita
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/30/2012 1:13:27 AM
I do not travel abroad as much as i would like. The last time I went overseas was in 2008. I was in the UK for a month. Fortunately, I am visiting Dubai and Kuwait in January. This will be my second time in the Middle East. I actually lived in Izmir, Turkey for three months back in 2000. I grew up a military brat, so I caught the travel bug early as I grew up in California, Germany, Arizona, Alaska, Delaware, Texas, Louisiana, and have been in Georgia since 1992. So, I guess that qualifies me as a Peach now. I have been on one cruise to the Bahamas and am planning another cruise in May. I am just not sure of the destination. I am into learning about different cultures and I love languages. When I lived in Turkey, I learned to speak Turkish proficiently. Spanish is my second language. I spoke German as a child and some French. I can understand some written and spoken Italian. My fave spot to visit stateside is definitely NYC and Brooklyn. I love the fall and spring up there and the diversity. Ireland and England are very nice as well. I enjoyed my weekends in London. I have been told that I will love Dubai. I am planning an overnight desert safari and a dinner cruise aboard an Arabian Dhow. January is also the month of a festival dedicated to markets and such. I am looking forward to it! In the next five years, I would like to visit India, as I have family in Kerala. I would also like to visit Sweden, as I have a girlfriend from college that resides there and Argentina, another girlfriend from college lives in La Patagonia.
 cb1201
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:03:53 PM
I love to travel. I have been to Australia and England. I also lived in Japan for two years. (I'm from the USA). I'd love to travel more one day but it isnt in my budget.
 kangia
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2012 10:33:56 PM
ever hear of couch surfing? There are all kinds of ways to travel on the cheap.
 badboydak1
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/1/2012 8:15:53 AM
well i do like to travel ..dont get to do much of it tho ..... read ur file .. n yes im over the age limet ..but we can b frirens n maby in oure travel`s ..we may meet 4 that walk in the park to talk ....take care
 jbball50
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/1/2012 4:07:04 PM
Since I'm finally out of college and have enough money now where I don't have to worry about it I'm starting to travel more now. I just got back from vegas last weekend and had some fun with 2 of my friends. Next year I'm thinking of doing a trip to Cabo San Lucas then probably another trip to Vegas. It'll probably be a thing where I'll take 2 trips a year, one to Vegas, then another to a different place for each year.
 passion4321
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/2/2012 10:52:32 PM
Yes, I do. Aruba,around Valentines day,has a light parade,all the locals make their own costumes with lights,and bands playing music on big huge trucks in parade with some really great music,so much fun.
 dkabbiah1
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/3/2012 5:57:53 PM
Why complaning for choices your have made. You decided to be a traveller not a lover. It's not too late, you can still settle down. it's your choice..
 timks
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:25:18 PM
I'm not at all complaining, I'm simply asking where all of the people that "actually travel" are? It has absolutely nothing to do with bad choices. Primarily people on this site tend to have a "normal" life or want the typical white picket fence and the 1.5 children. Seeing as this is the travel forum, I thought I would peruse through here to find some like minded travelers. With that being said, there have been some good responses. Thanks for the Aruba tip, it turns out I will be sailing to Tobago for the Carnival.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:19:11 PM
I'm a travel addict. That said, over the years it's gone from addiction, to passion.
I've been all over the world, and right now no longer anywhere to go on my bucket list, but still want to travel to a couple of countries.

I don't spend most of my time traveling, but do travel as often as I can. Don't see myself stopping for a while.
 JennyT1961
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:40:23 PM
If you want a great Carnival experience you should probably look for a country that has a large Catholic population as its tied to the church calendar......even in Rio lol. As for finding people to travel with or chat with on this site, its just not the main purpose here. There are several groups on Meetup.com that are for like minded people who want to travel to particular destinations. Some are for single travellers, some eco, etc. You can specify which city you live in (I didn't check your location) and look up whats going on. The problem with using POF to find travel friends is sorting out the gold diggers who want a free trip, to the liars who say they love to travel yet haven't been out of the country, and those who just don't have the finances. Which cruise line are you taking to go to Tobago? Where are you departing from? I'm not stalking, I'm in the travel industry and curious lol.
 SUITCASEWON
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2012 8:43:49 PM
Hi there! I have just returned from, Hawaii, Somoa's, Bora Bora, Mourea and Papette Tahiti!
Review my profile for more info!
Sweet Gypsy Rose
 venusenvy777
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/14/2013 3:31:46 PM
Ive traveled a lot. Coast to coast in Canada, All over the States (and I lived there for a yr) Then I lived in Mexico for 7 yrs. I recently graduated from college with my Travel/Tourism degree and now I plan to travel more! I think travel promotes understanding and world peace... Viva la travel!
 The_Capt
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/15/2013 4:54:41 PM
I will be travelling around the world starting in Oct of this year. Moving at a whopping 5 Nautical miles and hour it should take me about 5 years for the first circumnavigation, depending of course on how long I choose to stay in each location.
 kosherpickle4u
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/16/2013 11:07:25 AM
Trinidad boast the best Carnival
 Funguy446
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/17/2013 5:10:07 AM
Why do you need to go to an island for carnival we were in cosmal one day last year but playa del carman is great at carnival.
 DragonBits
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/24/2013 6:38:52 AM
I have been traveling.
 Just___Jim
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:23:38 AM

I think travel promotes understanding and world peace... Viva la travel!

And you could be the next Anthony Bourdain or Globe-trekker which is on PBS!

I always like his take on all the cultures he has visited, a very passionate and sensitive person on their local history and customs.

Aloha..................

And some of my fav quotes on traveling:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
 venusenvy777
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/24/2013 11:30:31 AM
Love the quotes and I couldnt agree more!
 TheRealSully
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:31:00 PM
Interesting thread.

I've bee looking all over for true travelers who are interested in living the travel life.
I am continuously traveling, living in a place for 6 months or a year and moving on. When I'm in the USA inland, I tend to do it in an RV. When I'm on the coast or overseas, it's by boat.

I don't view "I spent a week in Rome" as true traveling. Nor do I see checking off a list of palaces or landmarks as true traveling. I suppose to each their own, but I can't imagine living that rushed of a life.

It's very hard to find women who are open to traveling because the usually tend to have kids, want new kids, or are wanting to stay in one spot for their whole lives.

What have other people's experiences been with this? Have you found people compatible with the travel lifestyle?

My ex was compatible with this travel life (and we did it all the time), but she was also afflicted with borderline personality disorder, which was a tough thing to deal with.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Where are all of the travelers!?