Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > My Conversations above inbox      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ArtLoverRL1989
Msg: 2
My Conversations above inboxPage 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Your talking about the names of people who replied to you in the inbox section right because mines disappeared too.
 sustso
Msg: 3
My Conversations above inbox
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:29:24 PM
All the names of people I had recently spoken with disappeared also.
 rdfnd
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/22/2012 11:59:45 PM
Slowly this site is getting worse and worse. If they took this feature away I am done with this site. I already find to be better but unfortunately I like talking to 2 of the people I met on here that only use this site and working on getting to know them better before asking for their numbers. Seriously why would they scrap this feature? :modhammer:
 rdfnd
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/23/2012 1:06:04 AM
 bottleneckblooz
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:37:43 AM
I actually like that they took it away. Seeing the names of people you have chatted with being online just causes a bunch of misunderstandings and mistrust about what peoples intentions are.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/23/2012 4:03:36 AM
Let's just wait and see if it's just one of the frequent glitches or if it's a permanent change. There was another thread in the last 24 hours where someone's Viewed Me was cleared but came back, so that suggests that some maintenance/tweaking is happening behind the scenes. It's quite common when that's happening that some areas become a little glitchy but normal service usually resumes in a short while.
 dp1249
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/23/2012 5:39:26 AM
U wrapped it up in a nutshell. My conversations disappeared while chatting. When I went to go back to chatting again, I could not check to see if they were still online. I thought I must have hit an incorrect button. The help tab is useless. This forum is the only help I have gotten. I see that this problem has been ongoing.
I will not upgrade ...Cupid here I come.
 oaksandponds
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:36:02 AM
POF at it again.. keep the who's online recent message list up.. sheesh! What's going on with POF? Is there a worm crawling around in their computers. Or, over zealous techies now running the place with nothing to do but change things so they can show they are doing something (job justification types) sheesh!
 oaksandponds
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:36:46 AM
Why doesn't anyone from POF ever respond here?
 rdfnd
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:43:31 AM
Why are the mods blocking me from naming a better dating site on here? Seriously its the truth if they took this feature away there is nothing that makes this dating site better than Cupid. It's like the mod's are trying to hide the truth......
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/23/2012 8:05:23 AM
none of my conversations are showing. Why?

Because they finally listened to a large group of people that wanted it gone.

Or

They did it just for fun, to see how quick it would be before someone came in and claimed it was a ruse to get people to pay.

Or

They just like poking badgers with spoons.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:23:29 PM
That green "user is online" indicator dot simply created doubt, misunderstandings, and hard feelings.
The reality is men and women on this site typically date (code for: "drink coffee") with a variety of people.
Having this series of informal, innocent, and helpful meetings is how one decides on a potential date.
Simply because one has enjoyed coffee and snacks with someone shouldn't mean sacrificing online privacy.

EXCELLENT DECISION, POF!
Those who value online privacy appreciate this wise policy change.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/23/2012 4:01:30 PM
Golly, I was finally starting to get used to the cyber-snooping.
 NotJustaPrettyFac
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/23/2012 6:04:50 PM
I think every one on here should just grow up and be honest and quit playing games..But I do agree it is no fun anymore with all the restrictions..
Be honest with the ladies guys just try it you might find it works.. then you would not have to explain your self when you are just dating and meeting new friends...And the POF reps do not have to have such a bad attitude.. We are all just trying to have some fun and meet new people..

Bad attitude? I just happened to agree with 3 of the more salient points in this thread. Is that an issue for you?
 NotJustaPrettyFac
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/23/2012 6:06:22 PM
Because every one lies....and I think it is good, it at least trys to keep some honesty on this site
 rdfnd
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:58:56 PM
I hope they lose a lot of members for being greedy, idiotic morons. Great customer service!
 Broadstar1
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 8:02:48 PM
My conversations no longer shows who is chatting or online??
 TallBlondBluEzs
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/23/2012 8:08:21 PM
They have an option to turn on or off if someone can see that you viewed your profile. They can just as easily provide an option, either on or off, that people can see if you are online or not. Making the changes that they do, taking away features just aggravates people that want to use this site. This site was probably the best free site, they now have stooped low enough by what they are doing to bring them down to the level of the other sites that were not as good. Other free sites don't screw around with things, they leave things alone.

Lets see if my commentary is removed.
 Lookin4Luv_65
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/23/2012 9:05:54 PM
If you don't want to talk to them then block them
 STAYREALOK
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/23/2012 9:42:57 PM
I certainly hope this is temporary .... this site seems to be going backwards since I joined!
 GlobalGirlLooking
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/23/2012 11:30:41 PM
They seem to take more away than add features.
 somethingmoreinhfx
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:03:06 AM
POF is a free site so they generate their revenues from advertisers who place ads on the site in hopes that users will view them and buy their products. The recent change to not showing who is online that I have previously chatted with will lead to me being online less frequently, which will in turn lead to me seeing less advertising and potentially using less of the advertiser's products/services. Previously, if I saw that some of my recent conversations were online I would tend to stay on POF in hopes that we could strike up another conversation. With this ill-conceived change in POF policy where we can no longer see who is online, many users like myslef will simply resoirt to logging on to check our messages and then logging off. POF will suffer fewer page views for their advertising and their advertising revenues will decline. Bad move POF!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:13:23 AM
I used to block users whom I wasn't interested in just so I would not see that little green button telling me they were on line...now I no longer have to do that to protect myself from cyber-snooping...to me I've been given a sigh of relief.
 somethingmoreinhfx
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:26:04 AM
So how will you now know when the people you do want to chat with are online?
 Body_Mind_Soul_n_Heart
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:27:31 AM
I am missing the conversations with members previously above inbox also :(

To please everyone be nice to see a feature where when you log in you can activate this option to show online or deactivate to be online but not show.

Just a thought.

Annie, Australia :)
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > My Conversations above inbox