Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Being Too goodlooking can work against you ???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 3
Being Too goodlooking can work against you ???Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Yeah guy, right on! I've experienced that over the years, since I actually AM 6'3" and actually DO sometimes get those reactions...
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Being Too goodlooking can work against you ???
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:07:40 AM
Pluses and minuses to everything. I find myself saying that more often, the more I experience.

So? You want sympathy sex from someone or something?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:45:43 AM

Even for man, the fear of competition for looks can be deadly. Good looking man have to endure a lot of heat from other man or avoidance from the average.It could be silent but evident.

Then just wear a tee-shirt that says: DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE I"M BEAUTIFUL
 no_1_bby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 11:04:39 AM

A lot of Woman tend to shy away from good looking man for fear of rejection and inadequacy.

BWAHAHAA!!!

Ok.. so I'm going to let you in on a secret here. I, and I can only speak for myself, don't shy away from good looking men out of fear of rejection. I do it 'cause most of the ones I've known and interacted with have been horrible people on the inside.

While we are on the topic.. WHO defines for everyone what makes someone good looking?

I said it once, I have said it a million times, people should stay in the league

Say what? Very elitist.

No league or class. Just people. If you see someone that interests you, approach them. If they turn you down, no big deal. Be mature about it. Say no thank you and treat the person with dignity and respect. That's the bottom line. If someone says no, take the rejection with dignity and respect.

How is this difficult to understand?
 ARTSYLADEEEE
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:48:37 PM

I have noticed being too good looking can be as advantage as disadvantage. A lot of Woman tend to shy away from good looking man for fear of rejection and inadequacy.

Even for man, the fear of competition for looks can be deadly. Good looking man have to endure a lot of heat from other man or avoidance from the average.It could be silent but evident.

When you have sex, do you scream your own name?
 AstroCat505
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/24/2012 3:20:38 PM
It's all clear to me now. I know what my problem is. I'm just too damn beautiful...(sarcasm, don't slip in the sarcasm I spilled on the floor)
 OutMind
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/25/2012 6:30:00 AM
There are some good looking guys that knowing they can attract anyone, play the field. There are enough idiotic women, that think they are going to be the woman that tames them. Rarely does that happen.

Then there are some good looking guys that are painfully shy. They don't know how to approach women, because they never had to, it came easy to them, yet when they approach they screw it up. A good friend of mine fits that description. We would go to bars, and he would attract the girls, but then the would stick his foot in his mouth and we, the butt ugly guys ended up with the girls. Interestingly enough, this guy met a school teacher girl. A woman that is good looking but in a natural way. They got madly in love, got married and he is happy as a clam with now two kids. Most loyal man to walk the earth.

I think more than anything, it's not how good looking the guy is but how narcissistic he may be. Unfortunately for the women, they fall for that crap all the time.

That also brings a great point. Very attractive women most of the time, have gone out with one of this guys and have a very vivid painful memory of them. So they feel more comfortable with guys that are not as attractive and instead have character. So in the end, it's us butt ugly guys that end up with the girl. Life is so unfair.
 Cowboybt5
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:14:17 PM
Perhaps it's a huge ego, that leads you to believe that you're "too good looking", instead of the looks that backs them away. ??? Just a thought...
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:47:47 PM
Is English not your first language, OP? The problem may not be your looks, but your ability to communicate with people in an effective manner. I've found that to be an issue with some foreigners.

You appear to me to be a bit condescending in your manner of speech---and your grammar is less than ideal for someone of your supposed educational level.
 OutMind
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:53:07 PM

The problem may not be your looks, but your ability to communicate with people in an effective manner. I've found that to be an issue with some foreign men. You appear to me to be a bit condescending in your manner of speech

Being a foreigner or not speaking perfect English, or having an accent, usually are incredible pluses with the ladies. However, being condescending, narcissistic, self centered, or thinking that one is above the rest are usually not. I am not pointing this at anyone, other that usually those things end up being a problem.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/25/2012 1:04:48 PM
Is English not your first language, OP? The problem may not be your looks, but your ability to communicate with people in an effective manner. I've found that to be an issue with some foreigners.

You appear to me to be a bit condescending in your manner of speech---and your grammar is less than ideal for someone of your supposed educational level.

Yes, I'd go with all of the above.
Glad another has noticed the disparity and oft repeated improper grammar,
with immature semantics as well.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/25/2012 1:05:26 PM
Being a foreigner or not speaking perfect English, or having an accent, usually are incredible pluses with the ladies. However, being condescending, narcissistic, self centered, or thinking that one is above the rest are usually not. I am not pointing this at anyone, other that usually those things end up being a problem.

Outmind, it really depends on the country they are from. There are certain countries where women are not treated as equals. Those are the foreigners in which I've noticed this communication issue more than with others.
 OutMind
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/25/2012 1:33:35 PM

Outmind, it really depends on the country they are from. There are certain countries where women are not treated as equals. Those are the foreigners in which I've noticed this communication issue more than with others.

Yeap. You're right!
 BeingaLady
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/25/2012 2:50:08 PM
hmmm i wont shy away from good looking men lol they always ask me out lol
 Cowboybt5
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/26/2012 9:05:48 AM
Once again you show your qualities by making short sighted, sophomoric statements and attempts at oh so knowledgeable banter. I'm becoming more and more convinced it's highly that it's your looks that tend to turn women off.

Just as a point of interest you, wrighting skills is not a race, do you even know what the term ignorant means? If so you might want to use a different example that's more appropriate. As for immigrating to this land, even the ancestors of the "Native Americans" immigrated across the Bearing Sea ice sheets.

It's not a big issue when someone makes mistakes, it's when they preclude these mistakes with statements of how they excell at everything they work at (or something of the like). This just emphasizes how self absorbed they really are.
 MsMicki
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2012 9:07:20 AM
Uhm......people are picking on your spelling and grammatical mistakes because you claim to be an expert at everything!!
How can I not point out that you typed "specially" instead of "especially" when you are so high on yourself?!!!
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/26/2012 9:10:42 AM
Yes.

``````````````````````````````````````
`````````````````````````````````````
````````````````````````````````````
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/26/2012 3:37:46 PM
That shows Pure Immaturity and Ignorance when people can not come up with few good logic rather come up with silly excuse. I don't think " Uhm" is not a proper way to start a line. I called it a diversion technique. Well, I can see that a lot of people have nothing better to do in life but to become expert in everything and everyone except themselves and feeling very self righteous. May be they need to look at themselves

there are too many old bags in here , noting better to do in life than to pass their ill educated judgement on others and feeling good about themselves.

Obviously immaturity abounds in this thread, as OP so eloquently said..

"All the World is a Stage" and all we truly know about the actors herein is from their prose, not any pose.
 Eagle Fish
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/26/2012 3:41:59 PM

I have noticed being too good looking can be as advantage as disadvantage. A lot of Woman tend to shy away from good looking man for fear of rejection and inadequacy.

Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.
 Mesabutte1123
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2012 3:07:05 PM
Angel???.......Will you marry me?
 shah269
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2012 5:32:53 PM
Yes.
I'm a 35 yo man who does his best to take care of not only his mind but also his body...hey the universe only gave me this one chance. And it's funny how many times when i meet a woman for the first time I hear "Wow you look just like your profile and you are exactly what you say you are!"

I guess many guys use high school photos and many women use the ever popular camera in the air look up photo. But why? Why lie? If you are lying about who you are then your first date is a lie. And that's not a good way to start any relationship.

So does it work against you? Yes and no. Yes, there is an intimidation factor but also people think you are lying.

But such is life right?
 CanadianBluee
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2012 11:24:39 PM
Unfortunately this is a fact of life.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/15/2012 8:38:54 AM
By the way, spelling or is not a criteria for the being an executive, that's why we have spell checker, secretary, creative writers.People like me don't have the time to run spell checks for people like you but hire them to do our jobs.

It might not be a criterion for being an executive where you work, but being literate is a dating criterion for many women---no matter what age they are. Most well-educated women want a man who is at least as literate as themselves.

Your having gone to school does not automatically make you well-educated. It's not what you've been taught in school that matters---it's what you've actually learned that counts.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/15/2012 5:26:49 PM
Education alone as well as intelligence or lack there of is not an assurance that one is capable of good spelling /grammar or not..just saying

True, it isn't foolproof assurance---although I think it's a pretty accurate barometer. I'm able to tell the difference between someone who's lazy, dyslexic, or a poor speller from someone who lacks intellect---just by whether or not they're able to string sentences together into coherent thoughts. I'm also able to discern when English is not someone's first language.
 MsMicki
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2012 10:08:29 PM

So in math and IRL, 10s have it made and 1s are screwed

pretty sure alot of 1's and 10's are here strictly to get screwed!! ;)
(sorry......couldn't help myself)

looks, grammar and education don't mean a damn thing if you're a jerk!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Being Too goodlooking can work against you ???