Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Trying to start a relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 2
Trying to start a relationshipPage 1 of 1    
Is this somehow related to this post you have?

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15633457.aspx#15633457

Regardless, if he's not interested, don't get upset over a total stranger. You're giving them all of your power and when that happens; Game Over! Maybe you're trying too hard or coming across as too needy/desperate. Guys will run for the hills rather than deal with it all. Ditto with women RE: guys.

Move on! There's lots of great guys' out there!
 warmheart050
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Trying to start a relationship
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:17:21 PM
dont let that bother you:) just say NEXT lol
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:22:30 PM

As soon as I start to talk to a man, he's gone, he seems interested then gives me some reason why he can't talk to me.

You need to take stock in what you are saying that seem to turn off men as soon as you start talking to them. Since you say you've never had a boyfriend at your age; this must have happened quite a few times; and without more details it will be hard for anyone to give you any sound advice. You may need to get some counseling.
 warmheart050
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 8:23:03 PM
I hear ya,I think we all go through that from time to time,just be urself,he will find u or u will find him :)
 LukeMM23
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/24/2012 8:50:43 PM
It works both ways, you know? I'm in the process of trying to start a relationship with this woman. She is fighting me at every corner, because we have differences. Long before the internet, people were working out those differences. People weren't all trying to find their exact doubles and get really happy and settled, really fast. That's not how a healthy relationship is going to work, nor should it work that way. It would be kind of boring to date your mirror image, I think. But, if you step into the relationship, like it's a great adventure, then, both parties will have fun, getting to know each other and then, they'll be happy to change and grow with each other.

That's coming from someone with no previous experience in real relationships, btw.

But, I want this to work and it seems like she doesn't.
 OCRebellion
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/25/2012 5:55:49 AM
Wow...you've been on this site all of 10 days. Started talking to someone 5 days ago, met in person for one time, said you'd be exclusive on your first and only meeting, got dumped the same day and now you're writing multiple threads about the guy specifically in another thread and not being able to get a relationship started in this one. Do you possibly think that YOU are the problem? It appears that you are overly obsessed with a LTR ....that's a problem. Perhaps you should get some help working on you before you move forward with your dating adventures.
 1bellanella
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2012 10:08:29 AM
Relationships are not the holy grail. The best piece of advice I can give you is to stop focusing on trying to find a relationship. Shift your priority to meeting men to see if you might be interested in them. Take your time actually getting to know them instead of trying to commit to someone you've JUST MET.
 shadowfox55
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2012 10:46:48 AM
I don't think after years of meeting a guy and they just disappear like magic. Maybe OP you have some characteristics that men you talk to don't find appealing.
 anunu
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2012 11:56:25 AM
Relationships can be hard start. Yes, men can be wishy washy. Say one thing one minute and the complete opposite the next. I swear my last one was bipolar. It was I love you and everything special in between one moment and completely flip the script the next!
These things just take time. I would highly suggest not pursuing anything. Meet a few people and see how things go. When you stop looking for a relationship, that's when it usually happens. Just be aware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Trying to start a relationship