Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do ladies get so defensive...?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LukeMM23
Msg: 1
Why do ladies get so defensive...?Page 1 of 1    
If you ladies ask a devote boyfriend / husband to do something, they'll do it. If a man asks you ladies to do something, you get defensive as hell, as if he is attacking your rights as an individual human being? How does this not work both ways?

It seems like women want all the power that men had for all of those years, am I right?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do ladies get so defensive...?
Posted: 10/25/2012 4:10:41 PM
What did you ask her to do?
 flaneur001
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2012 4:10:49 PM
You're making a silly broad generalization about women and men.

As a woman with infinite power over men, I demand OP that you knock it off!
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2012 4:17:34 PM
That seems like a stupid assumption to make of an entire gender. I personally will go out of my way to make my guy happy, and he does the same for me. I can't imagine ever acting anything like you describe at any request asked in a sincere manner. May not comply if it is unreasonable, but will not be hostile either.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2012 4:42:17 PM
You'll need to spell out details, if you actually want an answer, OP. Based upon the vague generality you posted, the certain answer to your thread question is a flat "No, you are not right."
 Holly63
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/25/2012 4:46:21 PM

If you ladies ask a devote boyfriend / husband to do something, they'll do it.

Yeah, like 3 years later.
 Dolphina
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/25/2012 4:48:45 PM
Depends really on what is being requested, and by whom. A "put the trash out" said to a man may get him to do this, but a "clean the vomit off my shirt" said to a woman may get quite a different response. Again, though, according to particular people, circumstances, and expectations.

By the way, I've noticed over the years that some men are very unwilling to do things for a woman if they don't feel like doing it - exercising their rights to choose not to do what is asked. Likewise women are perfectly free to choose not to comply to a man's wishes. Many of us women are rebelling against the presumption that we are "required" to please a man, just because for hundreds of years we were hidebound to obey just because we are women.

Recently I had a male house guest who was looking for accommodation in this region. He kept dropping hints, and even saying outright, that my house looked good for him to move into! I could not be subtle, for he didn't even recognize what was meant, so I had to be absolutely forthright and say, "I don't want you here. I don't want you to move in. I like living alone. Please leave by such and such a day." He went, but fully expected to return. I told him he was not welcome.

My example describes the sense of expectation and assumptions of a man of a particular era and upbringing where men could request anything of a woman and get her to comply. Well, we are not doing that anymore. Defensive? Absolutely. And jolly right.
 Maybe_Have_Some_Faith
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/25/2012 6:15:16 PM
Congratulations, you are now in the running for POF Forum's Babbler of the Week Award.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/25/2012 6:19:23 PM
Hmm my guess is she asked him to take out the trash and he asked her to be in a 3some.
 funandfloating
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/25/2012 6:20:05 PM
You are talking about how many women? You are making a sweeping statement. It depends on who is doing the asking, for what and how. Women are more and more coming in to their own and men dont like giving up their power base but women have always had a certain power anyway. Now that we can earn our own dollars more and more we dont have to put up with crap from guys.
 fireflybetty32
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/25/2012 6:39:37 PM

It seems like women want all the power that men had for all of those years, am I right?

Want??? No, I HAVE all the power that men THOUGHT they had. Give up (not asking; demanding).
 vancitygurl78
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/25/2012 6:49:29 PM
AHAHHA cuz women gives orders and not take them! LOL
 GenJayne
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/25/2012 6:52:07 PM
Aweee Poor Opie. In the dog house? What didn't you fix? I bet she told you "you ain't getting any"
 DragonBits
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/25/2012 7:02:10 PM
I missed out on all those years I had all the power. Little did I know I would lose it all.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/25/2012 7:02:57 PM

Congratulations, you are now in the running for POF Forum's Babbler of the Week Award

+1
 DragonBits
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/25/2012 7:04:31 PM

Congratulations, you are now in the running for POF Forum's Babbler of the Week Award
+1

+2

I agree, and we all know how tough the competiton is for this award.
 dearsavannah
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/25/2012 7:58:30 PM

Really?
I can't decide on whether or not you're being serious or you're just really have no suave at all and don't know how to speak to/about other human beings.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/25/2012 8:24:03 PM

What did you ask her to do?

I bet it was anal.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do ladies get so defensive...?