Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is it so hard for men to break off a relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 3
Why is it so hard for men to break off a relationshipPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

I read something once where it was said that men don't break up.

Do you believe everything you read???? I read the bible once.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Why is it so hard for men to break off a relationship
Posted: 10/27/2012 2:10:20 PM
Some men do that. Some don't. Some who are accused of "treating you terribly until you break up with them," are actually just treating you terribly, and hoping you'll put up with it, and continue to have sex with them anyway. Some have no clue they are treating you terribly.

And tons of women do the same things. I've read thread posts here, and articles elsewhere, in which women openly declare that they did all manner of horrible things to make a guy they no longer wanted go away, and were frsutrated that he was still hanging around.

So what? Unless you are the sort who thinks that men should always take the lead in all things, why does it matter who presses the dump button?

As for your second question, about who decides what threads are "Self Pity threads, redundant Questions and threads with no point/chat threads," the answer (since you apparently didn't look it up) is, who ever else reads them in the forums. Your fellow mate-hunters.

If you are already as prejudiced against everyone here as you sound from this post, I can't imagine why you would bother to stay around. If you do, though, and you actually read a LT of the forums, you might learn that though there are certainly some avowed sourpusses, and vengeance artists among us, that there are also some fairly insightful people here as well, who you can learn from.
 Maleman999
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/27/2012 3:13:03 PM
Men try avoiding breaking up because of too many cases where men lose everything in a divorce and have to pay alimony and/or child support forever after. If women would be willing to sign a pre-nup before marriage that says all assets are divided 50/50 if there's a divorce, more men would be willing to walk out first. I think a pre-nup should be mandatory as part of getting a marriage license: no pre-nup, no marriage license. When a relationship ends badly, a lot of women get very vindictive and are out to take a guy to the cleaners as part of their revenge. These women have a Jekyll and Hyde split personality.
 lamatheid
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/27/2012 5:01:24 PM
I have broke it off with women, because they were not emotionally sound and they were tempremental. Nore would they contribute to the relationship they figured just having intercourse was their contribution. They also had this entitlement mentality. I was taking one home one night after she tried talking to me like I was a one legged step child. I pulled over when I seen a group of police officers riding by on bicycles and had them call a crewser to take her home. She was just a liability.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/27/2012 5:45:37 PM

Do you believe everything you read???? I read the bible once.

Walts ... that was good!
 OutMind
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/28/2012 12:33:07 PM
Perhaps the reason is because men like to fix things. So instead of saying, it's over, we say, unless you do this, or we fix that, it's over. See the difference? Women in the other hand are either emotionally connected or disconnected, so they know better and faster if it's not working.

So I think there's some validity to that, without getting stuck with the stereotype or the ALL men or ALL women.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2012 1:08:01 PM
Maybe more caution should be used , before entering a 'relationship"
that way nobody has to break up ?
 lamatheid
Msg: 29
I would walk on glass to hold her again.
Posted: 10/28/2012 3:53:16 PM
Your a type of man that I just don't have the word for. My wife never ever cheated on me but I had to divorce her.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:47:44 PM
Most women seek validation for their decision to break things off & this is one of them. He made me hate him is really immature. Should follow your own advice for guys & accept it just wasn't working for you instead of playing the blame game & faulting those who have a penis.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why is it so hard for men to break off a relationship